The Venture Bros. Gets Ready for Season 6 With Extended Trailer

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
The Venture Bros. Gets Ready for Season 6 With Extended Trailer

The Venture Bros. is finally back after an almost three-year hiatus.

Earlier in the month we learned that Adult Swim favorite The Venture Bros. was finally coming back [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165757-The-Venture-Bros-Is-Back-Brothers] for a sixth season, following a hiatus that has lasted almost three years. The January 31 premire date for the season's first episode is rapidly approaching, and Adult Swim has released this extended teaser trailer to help whet our appetites, and give us an idea of what direction the sixth season will head.

First and foremost, it looks like Team Venture is leaving the (relative) safety of the Venture compound to head into New York City, where a whole new suite of superheroes and supervillains are afoot (don't worry butterfly fans, as it looks like the Monarch and his cronies will also be along for the ride).

It also looks like Rusty was finally able to make some big money off of his inventions (or, he managed to pull off a pretty big scam), as the family appears to be rolling in it.

Season 6 will feature eight new episodes, after which we will have to wait God-knows how long for the next one...

Source: Adult Swim [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctlC0x2eeww]

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Oh man, the Avenger parody and that archer using foot arrows!!!

I really hoping after this new season ended, it won't go into hiatus like in the past.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Houseman said:
Steven Bogos said:
It also looks like Rusty was finally able to make some big money off of his inventions (or, he managed to pull off a pretty big scam), as the family appears to be rolling in it.
Philistine! Any true Venture fan would know that
after Jonas Venture Jr died he left him his estate
Listen to the Man of Houses. He knows his stuff.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Houseman said:
Steven Bogos said:
Philistine! Any true Venture fan would know that
after Jonas Venture Jr died he left him his estate
Ugh dammit, I was hoping he actually did something and stopped being worthless. At least as worthless. Season 5 pretty much rebooted all the growth he was getting from the earlier seasons and now he only gets something because apparently his brother died in that extended episode that didn't end up on the dvds. Boooo.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Interesting that all the new promos gloss over the whole "Doc Venture is kinda the Green Hornet" thing that was in the earliest teasers. I look forward to how Hank reacts to having the financial resources to be Batman.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
I can't wait. Venture Bros. is the most consistently funny show I've seen that is also really inventive with it's ideas and characters. Archer may be as funny but its cheap laughs have nothing on how frigging great Venture Bros. stories are.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Oh dear lord, what is that Captain America knock-off wearing?!
But, new Venture Brothers is always welcome. Maybe Doc will do something good with his new wealth instead of blow it-
I'm sorry, I can't finish that without cracking up!

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I love how the series evolved from basically one-shot unconnected stories which were parodies of the Jonny Quest cartoon to a full-fledged story itself, but still having the parody nature of basically the Saturday Morning lineup of my childhood (and the previous decade). I am not happy with the wait between seasons, but they've always managed to make up for it in quality.
Hopefully there will be less time between this season and next though.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
Scarim Coral said:
I really hoping after this new season ended, it won't go into hiatus like in the past.
I doubt there's a choice. The animation looks really expensive to produce, and Adult Swim really likes to cancel shows, so I would guess the producers can't start gathering capital for their show until after the ratings have come in and Adult Swim decides it wants to spend the money to renew the show; then comes the doubtlessly grueling process of trying to get people to give lots and lots of money to make a dozen episodes that will air very late on Sunday night on a cartoon channel and involve a lot of cursing and dick jokes. That's gotta be a hard sell even before you mention to Citibank that their money is going to fund a show about an abusive, neglectful father who hires a "reformed" pedophile to bodyguard his sons. Then, once all the money is gathered, they can start making storyboards and having animators draw frame by frame...

I think the Venture Bros. is a show that could honestly benefit a lot from crowdfunding in that regard. You can't tell me that if Adult Swim approved a new season, the fans wouldn't have it funded in a month.