Latest Far Cry Primal Trailer Introduces its Hero

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Latest Far Cry Primal Trailer Introduces its Hero

Meet the Apex Predator.

Ubisoft has released a new trailer with a taste of the plot content in upcoming open-world title Far Cry Primal.

The trailer introduces Takkar, the tribal leader players will assume control of, and antagonist Ull, leader of the Udam. Most of the video consists of quick, context-free scene jumps that don't provide a lot of insight but do succeed in demonstrating some of the visual variety to be found in the game.

And what a welcome variety it is. There's nothing wrong about a game with big guns and bigger explosions, but we get lots of those. Make sure to check out The Escapist's preview [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165306-] in which Mitch Saltzman found his time with the game, " the most refreshing Far Cry has been since Blood Dragon."

[gallery=5479]

Far Cry Primal releases March 1 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Pff. That doesn't look like Randy Orton at all to me. I better be able to RKO a a sabertooth tiger in this game.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
I'm sold.

Far Cry 3 was tons of fun from gameplay perspective, my favorite methods of attack were stealthy melee, stealthy bow-sniping, and unleashing animals on the bases, so this seems like whole game emphasizing that but with a more interesting setting and tons more options for animals.

Also, as someone who enjoyed the trippy parts of Far Cry 3, this seems like it'll blow the lid off with the whole shamanistic magic angle.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
This was greatly needed in the gaming world. A game without guns, where the characters don't speak a word of English, Honestly this just feels like a breath of fresh air.

Well done Ubi, maybe this will kick off a trend, if Primal is successful.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
If this game doesn't have a giant black monolith surrounded by apes weilding bones as clubs, I'm going to be so disappointed.

Also, there needs to be a crazy caveman drawing alien ships on a wall, talking about how they taught him to make a giant pyramid.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Ooh yummy...eyeballs in jam!! Sold! Although, i thought this was going to be a small release like Blood Dragon, but the pre-order price is implying a fully-fledged game. Is that what this is? Or are they ripping us off?

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Annnnddd... Still haven't actually seen the core melee combat yet. Which is both a good and bad sign. Good because they may be still working heavily on it, giving it the attention it needs, or bad because they have no idea what they're really doing.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
If only for the setting, I'm very interested. The big question is whether or not I can customise my various pointed sticks.

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
So I take it the story is: "There's another tribe, that's doing better than your tribe, on your land. So you've got to murder them all and upgrade your bear".

Also for some reason you've got to drink the guy from Assassin's Creed Unity, because some filth covered hobo in a cave told you too - and it'd just be rude to refuse after you've already used his poop corner.