Watch: This is What Detective Pikachu with Danny DeVito's Voice Would Be Like

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Watch: This is What Detective Pikachu with Danny DeVito's Voice Would Be Like

I choose you, DeVitochu!

Last night, Tealhollow1 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166168-Fans-Petition-Nintendo-to-get-Danny-DeVito-to-Voice-Detective-Pikachu] has now made a demo, featuring Danny DeVito lines over the game's trailer, showing us just how magical this combination could be.

As of the time of this posting, the petition has over 20,000 signatures.

Great Detective Pikachu was announced earlier this week for the 3DS [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166114-Detective-Pikachu-Officially-Announced] and is geared for release in Japan on February 3. There's not yet any word on a Western release.

You can also check out the original trailer, sans DeVito, below.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
I'm sold. Didn't expect the voice to be that fitting. Granted, it's not perfect by any means, but that's partially because of the source of the lines being from movies.

Fhqwhgod

Apr 7, 2015
I shouldn't have watched this. What ever they do now it will disappoint compared to that video.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
I'm still kinda disappointed that they squandered the idea for this game, but having DeVito voice it would be amazing.

Overhead

Apr 29, 2012
Bindal said:
I'm sold. Didn't expect the voice to be that fitting. Granted, it's not perfect by any means, but that's partially because of the source of the lines being from movies.
All of the lines were from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, you philistine.

Mods, can you please clarify if it would violate the code of conduct to link to a video of naked sweaty Danny DeVito crawling out from inside a couch as long as it shows no genitals?

Oct 22, 2011
Okay, that convinced me, Det. Mantis Pikachu Private Detective it is.

Overhead said:
Mods, can you please clarify if it would violate the code of conduct to link to a video of naked sweaty Danny DeVito crawling out from inside a couch as long as it shows no genitals?
I think since it was shown on TV, it shouldn't bring the mod wrath. But that's me.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
MrCalavera said:
Okay, that convinced me, Det. Mantis Pikachu Private Detective it is.

Overhead said:
I think since it was shown on TV, it shouldn't bring the mod wrath. But that's me.
And yet that scene still haunts my dreams.

Overhead

Apr 29, 2012
Well I asked in the Moderation team group chat and the question got deleted without being answered, so I think that's a no.

To explain It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia to those who haven't seen it, imagine a typical sitcom. Then 1) make it actually funny and 2) make it so that all the characters are horrible scumbags to the extent they will have storyline like "The gang tries to profit from a baby they find in a dumpster" or "The gang gets addicted to crack".