Ubisoft Addresses Reports of Cheating in The Division's Beta

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Ubisoft Addresses Reports of Cheating in The Division's Beta

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1256/1256166.png

Ubisoft has addressed concerns over cheating players in the closed beta for The Division.

Ubisoft's upcoming post-apocalyptic shooter Tom Clancy's The Division has finished out its closed beta, with some players reporting cheaters on the PC version. Issues include increased speed, invisibility, critical hit chance, no recoil, and alterations that grant unlimited health, ammo, and medical kits. Posters on Reddit [https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/43ki8r/xpost_from_rthedivision_pc_version_will_be/] first reported these issues, and in a forum post today, Ubisoft vowed to remedy the problem in order to ensure "a fair experience" when the game releases in March.

"Over the last few days, we have seen an unprecedented level of interest for the Closed Beta. We are looking into your feedback with care and we are thrilled by your passion and enthusiasm," the post reads [http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1382806-Closed-Beta-Cheating]. "We are aware of the cheating issues in the Closed Beta on PC. The team is fully committed to providing solutions against this and a system will be in place to ensure a fair experience for players when the game is released on March 8."

The Division is set to release on March 8, 2016, on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, and will have three paid expansions [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166160-Three-Paid-Expansions-Will-Be-Available-for-The-Division#&gid=gallery_5413&pid=1] after release, along with free updates.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Just how sad is it that people feel the need to actually cheat in what basically amounts to a glorified demo version of the game?

I mean progress wont even solve and this whole "beta" pretty much is just to drum up hype for the release in one month... and people still feel the need to cheat?

Still dont know if i should find that hilarious or pitty the state of ubisofts coding that it is this piss easy to hack their game...

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I miss the days when PvP hacking equated to making warthogs fly and rocket launchers firing trains :(

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I thought this article would have mentioned that these are not external hacks or cheats or whatever but people taking advantage of the game and network stuff.

Which is good I suppose, this is what a beta is for.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
But...but the trailer showed all those cool guys RP'ing as they played and taking the game really seriously. I thought the game was going to full of cool people like that, not filthy, lying cheat!

Screw you Ubisoft for messing with my expectations!

/sarcasm off. How is anyone surprised by this?

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Bob_McMillan said:
I thought this article would have mentioned that these are not external hacks or cheats or whatever but people taking advantage of the game and network stuff.

Which is good I suppose, this is what a beta is for.
Yeah.. kept for that this wasnt actually a beta, it was a demo being used to generate hype for the game.

The game is ONE month from release... meaning that AT BEST you can expect a hastily thrown together day 1 patch. Dont expect them to change anything from this build to the release version except ofcourse unlocking all the content they blocked off for the demo.

1 month in game development is NOTHING when it comes to these giant AAA titles.