H1Z1 Coming to XB1, PS4, Split Into Two PC Versions

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
H1Z1 Coming to XB1, PS4, Split Into Two PC Versions

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/920/920284.png
The PC release of H1Z1 will be split into H1Z1: King of the Kill and H1Z1: Just Survive.

Daybreak studio's zombie survival effort the studio has announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/h1z1] plans to bring the game to the PS4 and Xbox One. Furthermore, the game is being split into two separate releases for the PC, H1Z1: King of the Kill and H1Z1: Just Survive.

King of the Kill will be the version of the game that makes its way to consoles, and is described as a "large-scale, high-intensity" shooter that includes a number of games, including Battle Royale, which was created by a player who goes by the name PlayerUnknown.

Meanwhile, H1Z1: Just Survive is essentially the "vanilla" H1Z1 experience, and will "refine its focus on delivering a persistent, post-apocalyptic open-world zombie experience where scavenging, crafting, and base building are the difference between life and death."

On February 17, 2016, both H1Z1: Just Survive and H1Z1: King of the Kill will be available on the PC through Steam Early Access for $19.99 USD each. All players who currently own or purchase H1Z1 on or before this date will be granted both games for free upon the separation.

Daybreak didn't go into specifics on the console release, but said that King of the Kill would come out of early access and be released for the Xbox One and PS4 "by the end of the year".

Source: Daybreak Games [https://www.daybreakgames.com/press/h1z1-to-split-into-two-unique-games]

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
So the console gets the "DudeBro! I need to kill something every ten seconds or else I can't maintain an erection!" version while the PC gamers get the real version?

I hope I'm misreading or misunderstanding this news story because I'm much more interested in the "survival" version than I am in the action shooter version...

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
I didn't even think they were still making this game given how much they promoted it then just sorta dropped off the radar. Well than and in conjunction with Steam Reviews.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
tippy2k2 said:
So the console gets the "DudeBro! I need to kill something every ten seconds or else I can't maintain an erection!" version while the PC gamers get the real version?
What I'm reading is Oh God Sony just left us, THEY LEFT US HERE ON OUR OWN TO DIE, what do we do? what do we do? HOW DO WE MAKE SOME MONEY!?

Unless the (re)release is somehow a revolution I very much doubt that this will turn around H1Z1's fortunes. Although it does have quite a lot of players, more than DayZ in fact, so it seems to be going better than I assumed.

Broslinger

Jul 4, 2015
Don't buy this game. They have really dropped the ball on it by focusing on Battle Royale to the detriment of Survival.

If you want to play Battle Royale, get the mod for ARMA 3, and if you want an open world zombie survival, get the DayZ mod for ARMA 2 or 3.

DayZ standalone is okay too, I guess.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
tippy2k2 said:

I hope I'm misreading or misunderstanding this news story because I'm much more interested in the "survival" version than I am in the action shooter version...
Would be nice to have both versions on the consoles, but given what the majority of console owners are into, can you really blame them?

Anyway, I own H1Z1, so it's nice to know that I'll be getting both.

Haven't played the game in a bit. Last I checked (few weeks ago to a month), the optimization seemed to still be pretty bad. Maybe I just expect more out of my current hardware, but the graphics and animations aren't anything amazing. While it is open-world, I expect higher frames. Depends where I am on the map, but in general, I'd say that it could be better.

Specs:

GTX 770 (two-gig version)
i5 3570K
eight gigs of RAM
Windows 10

Edit: Apparently, this game was supposed to become free-to-play after exiting the Early Access; however, that plan has been completely scrapped. Pretty crummy move.