Stolen Pixels #64: Twue Wuv

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #64: Twue Wuv

In the real world, girls seem to always go for the jerk, but surely it's different in the fantasy world of Fable 2's Albion, right?

Read Full Article

Novan Leon

Dec 10, 2007
Unfortunately the female psyche finds arrogance attractive. Being a jerk almost always goes hand-in-hand with being an arrogant bastard.

DaveMc

Jul 29, 2008
Ha! Nice punchline. I also love the Princess Bride shout-out embedded in the title.

Myan

I Want to Go to There!
Dec 16, 2003
Novan Leon said:
Unfortunately the female psyche finds arrogance attractive. Being a jerk almost always goes hand-in-hand with being an arrogant bastard.
Of course not all females find arrogance attractive. But there are some I'll give you that.

Novan Leon

Dec 10, 2007
Myan said:
Novan Leon said:
Of course not all females find arrogance attractive. But there are some I'll give you that.
It's true, it's a generalization, and many women eventually do learn to distinguish the difference between confidence and arrogance, unfortunately, in today's society it's taking longer and longer for women to mature to this point. It also doesn't help that there are more and more jerks around these days.

shirin238

Aug 19, 2008
Novan Leon said:
Myan said:
Novan Leon said:
It's true, it's a generalization, and many women eventually do learn to distinguish the difference between confidence and arrogance, unfortunately, in today's society it's taking longer and longer for women to mature to this point. It also doesn't help that there are more and more jerks around these days.
I blame the internet... owh bugger

P1p3s

Jan 16, 2009
Novan Leon said:
Myan said:
Novan Leon said:
I think most people with 2 brain cells to rub together can distinguish arrogance from confidence fairly quickly. You underestimate girls, you also underestimate the types of people these jerks are when they are alone and dont have a room full of people to impress.

Plus if here are any girls who genuinely can't tell the difference then they clearly aren't bright enough for you to date anyway!

Feb 13, 2008
P1p3s said:
I think most people with 2 brain cells to rub together can distinguish arrogance from confidence fairly quickly.
You'd be surprised how few of them there are.
Plus if here are any girls who genuinely can't tell the difference then they clearly aren't bright enough for you to date anyway!
When did "bright" ever matter? :)

P1p3s

Jan 16, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
P1p3s said:
When did "bright" ever matter? :)
dunno about your origins, but where i'm from 'bright' means clever or intelligent, usually implying metacognitive awareness - not genius just introspective enough to care about their impact on others or general 'celverness' and given most of the people here (or on another post about 'what people want in a woman' i cant remember) have said that intelligence is something they would want in partner, so thats why bright matters - at least in the context of my post anyway
>_<

EDIT: I see now that your from leicester so I assume you got what I meant by bright - just didnt agree??