Quantum Break Confirmed for Windows 10

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Quantum Break Confirmed for Windows 10

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1276/1276125.jpg

Windows 10 copy free with Xbox One digital copy pre-order.

In a post today [https://news.xbox.com/2016/02/11/quantum-break-coming-to-xbox-one-and-windows-10-on-april-5/], Microsoft and Remedy Entertainment revealed Quantum Break, the third-person action title that was first revealed alongside the Xbox One console in 2013, will also be launching on Windows 10 on April 5, and will be available at no extra cost to anyone who digitally pre-orders the game on Xbox One.

"Xbox wants to empower gamers to play the games they want with the people they want on the devices they want, so Microsoft Studios and Remedy Entertainment will launch Quantum Break on Windows 10 simultaneously with the Xbox One version on April 5, 2016," the post reads. "Anyone who pre-orders the Xbox One digital version of Quantum Break through the Xbox Store, purchases an Xbox One digital token at participating retailers, or pre-orders an Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break bundle, will receive the Windows 10 version of the game downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code."

The Xbox One version will include a full copy of Alan Wake, along with its two DLC add-ons, playable on Xbox One via backward compatibility. Pre-ordering will also include access to Alan Wake's American Nightmare.

[gallery=5677]

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
99 reasons to own an X'One but exclusive games ain't one.

Hurray for more people being able to play the game though.

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
Can't say that giving away free games is a bad thing (even if that game is the same game on a different device). Nothing to complain about here. Moving right along...

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Nooooooo!!!! I didn't realise this and Alan Wake were Microsoft exclusives! Blasted swap from MS to Sony this year has not come without its painful downfalls. Also State of Decay, oh why must you taunt me from your exclusive's pen?? Whhyy??
I want it all...and I want it now! *Cue guitar solo*

Is...windows 10 a new platform now then?
"Xbox wants to empower gamers to play the games they want with the people they want on the devices they want" ...Sooo, can you empower me, a gamer, to play this on my ps4 with my "totally not imaginary* friends? No? You're talking shit again? Alrighty then.

Oathfish

May 30, 2014
Alan Wake was a neat little game, zero replay value, but neat nonetheless. I didn't play the expansion, but I felt that it was jarring the way it blended the mystery/horror elements with action. I think the game could have used a stronger focus on the former rather than the latter.

As for Quantum Break...are they still doing that weird television tie-in? Because hearing about that (and predicting it to be a doomed venture) kind of killed any hype for me.

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
As long as i can get the game on Steam and not the Windows 10 Store... but when you're MS and you're making a game exclusive to an operating system, you're probably also making it store exclusive arn't you...

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Gee. An opportunity to not buy Windows 10, an XBox One, and Quantum Break.

I'll admit that I've been watching QB and its development with mild interest. I rather suspect that it can't quite be the revolutionary seamless unification of television and video games that it's been sold as, even before most of Microsoft's other cross-platform promotions have fallen to pieces. But they're trying to do something different on a major scale, and that's always interesting to watch, whether the final result is amazing, decent but not worthy of the hype, or a complete train wreck.

But I'm more than tired of Microsoft punishing loyal customers for not jumping through their hoops before they're ready. It's nice that Windows 10 users may get a chance to play it, but it's not going to make a Windows 10 user out of me.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Hmm, this is slightly fortuitous news. I had been considering grabbing the Quantum Break special edition Xbox One since:
A: I want the game.
B: It's one of the cheapest listings I've seen for the Xbone.

But now that it's available on Win10, I may not need to.

Though, a quick perusing of the official site has yet to yield any hints at a way to outright purchase the game for PC. The Win10 version is only listed as a pre-order bonus for the Xbone version.

They.....they wouldn't be that sleazy, would they? Port the game to PC but only allow the console version to be purchased?

Come on, Microsoft...

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
They are REALLY trying to get Windows 10 to become a thing.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
This is great news, I really love Remedy games and can't wait for this one... but those system specs though... recommended 980 Ti? Is this a joke or it better be the best looking game in PC history.

Quantum Break PC Requirements
Recommended Specs
OS Windows 10 (64-bit)
DirectX DirectX 12
CPU Intel Core i7 4790, 4GHz or AMD equivalent
GPU NVIDIA GeForce 980 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
VRAM 6 GB
RAM 16 GB
HDD 55 GB available space

popa_qwerty

Dec 21, 2010
Strelok said:
This is great news, I really love Remedy games and can't wait for this one... but those system specs though... recommended 980 Ti? Is this a joke or it better be the best looking game in PC history.

Quantum Break PC Requirements
Recommended Specs
OS Windows 10 (64-bit)
DirectX DirectX 12
CPU Intel Core i7 4790, 4GHz or AMD equivalent
GPU NVIDIA GeForce 980 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
VRAM 6 GB
RAM 16 GB
HDD 55 GB available space
This leaves me Speechless just how in the world does a game that runs on a Xbox One requires over 4 times the computing capability for the PC. Looks up the Minimum Requirements.
Minimum Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x
RAM: 8 GB
VRAM: 2 GB
HDD: 55 GB available space
DX: DirectX 12
That is quite the leap from Minimum Requirements and Recommended Requirements. Its almost like the Recommended Requirementsare bloated as Hell to get people to buy the Xbone version. Just Saying

Jan 19, 2016
CkretAznMan said:
I think this is the real objective in all of this, since it seems that it will sell exclusively through the Windows 10 store. It's about getting Windows 10 holdouts (like me) to upgrade. In my case, it will likely succeed.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Bilious Green said:
CkretAznMan said:
I think this is the real objective in all of this, since it seems that it will sell exclusively through the Windows 10 store. It's about getting Windows 10 holdouts (like me) to upgrade. In my case, it will likely succeed.
Its using exclusively DX12 so it couldnt run on older windows versions anyway. though i would prefer them not to use the monster that is windows store.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
Strazdas said:
Its using exclusively DX12 so it couldnt run on older windows versions anyway.
Two problems. Firstly, DX12 is excluded from previous Windows versions not for any technical reasons, but for the sole purpose of forcing people to use Windows 10 if they want to play certain games. Secondly, games from MS studios are deliberately made DX12 exclusive not for any technical reasons, but for the sole purpose of forcing people to upgrade to Windows 10 if they want to play them. Everyone else manages to make games that are compatible with multiple versions of DX and operating systems in order to ensure they have the widest audience possible; it's only MS that makes things Win10 exclusive because the games are there to support their wider business, not for their own sake.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Kahani said:
Strazdas said:
Its using exclusively DX12 so it couldnt run on older windows versions anyway.
Two problems. Firstly, DX12 is excluded from previous Windows versions not for any technical reasons, but for the sole purpose of forcing people to use Windows 10 if they want to play certain games. Secondly, games from MS studios are deliberately made DX12 exclusive not for any technical reasons, but for the sole purpose of forcing people to upgrade to Windows 10 if they want to play them. Everyone else manages to make games that are compatible with multiple versions of DX and operating systems in order to ensure they have the widest audience possible; it's only MS that makes things Win10 exclusive because the games are there to support their wider business, not for their own sake.
No, Dx 12 is exclusively windows 10 due to the way how it works and interacts with OS layer APIs. Would it be possible to re-engineer older versions of windows to include it? yeah. BUt its not like they just artificially put up a wall.

Alternatively, you could just recognize that DX12 is a vast improvement over DX11 and thus allows developers to do a lot more, so smart developers will start implementing its features.

Any market where new product creation happens has its early adopters and late adopters. This studio is one of the early adopters of this new technology. Yes, that often comes at a price, but it can also be highly beneficial.

Damian Porter

Aug 11, 2015
Fuck Windows 10! I'm not upgrading, so kiss my ass Microsoft. Tell me again how they are acting any different than when they were trying to make games Vista exclusive and trying to force Xbox Live down PC gamers' throats?

MachoNacho95

Dec 1, 2014
Fuck Windows 10. I am not updating to that OS until I absolutely have to. It's Windows Vista all over again and it's sickening. Microsoft can go and fuck right off with their exclusive bullshit.