Zzzzzoolander 2 - A Boring Nostalgia Cash-Grab

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Zzzzzoolander 2 - A Boring Nostalgia Cash-Grab

Zoolander 2 exists because you fondly remember the original one and with those feelings will make an emotionally foolish decision to pay to see its sequel.

Read Full Article

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
I remember "The Roommate"!
Because I listened to the Flophouse episode about it a couple of hours ago.
I'd never actually heard of it before then.
Ok, your point stands.

monkeymangler

Feb 9, 2016
Hey, Billy Zane was freaking godlike in Tales From the Crypt: Demon Knight. Watch it, know it, love it.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Billy Zane is better when he is writing music, not acting. Why does nobody tell him this?? Oh wait, that's Billy Corgan. Oops. Oh deary me, maybe Zane should at least try music then, as acting is evidently not working out too well.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Not suprising really given to the past sequel failure to the one stand alone great films like Archorman, Dumb and Dumber and etc.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
That's so disappointing but not entirely unexpected.

Cult classics just generally fall apart if they try to do the sequel. It's trying to catch lightning in a bottle for a second time as instead of trying to make a good movie, they try to replicate what they thought made the first one popular. All well...at least Deadpool was awesome.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Not really surprised. Most comedy sequels fall completely flat in the humor department.

Also, I'm sorry, but Ben Stiller and Will Ferrell are not funny. I never found them funny, and never will.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
I don't care if its shite as long as it gives the world more Billy Zane.

Billy Zane is best Ansem.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
People were so excited for this too.

Anyway, what was so great about the original anyway? Never watched it, I was too busy literally shitting in my pants.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
Bob_McMillan said:
People were so excited for this too.

Anyway, what was so great about the original anyway? Never watched it, I was too busy literally shitting in my pants.
The first one isn't great but it's ok. It was part of the wave of Ben Stiller and Judd Apatow films that were pretty exciting and refreshing in their day because of their use of semi-improvised scenes that gave space for the comedians to go to town. Some of them, like Anchorman and Dodgeball, are genuine classics. Others like Starsky and Hutch, are total bombs. But lots of them fall into the middle ground of being funny from moment to moment, but otherwise a bit self-indulgent.

Zoolander has a terrible premise and doesn't have much going for it, but it's so outrageously over the top that it works better than it should do. The scene where the three fashion models get into a play-fight at the gas station before accidentally setting one another on fire is a particular highlight, as is the 'underground catwalk' scene featuring an awesome Bowie cameo.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
Marter said:
this is a talented cast and crew
Ben Stiller, Will Ferrell, Owen Wilson, and a bunch of pointless "celebrity" cameos. I must be missing the part that actually has talent.