PlayStation 4's Next Update Needs Beta Testers

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
PlayStation 4's Next Update Needs Beta Testers

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1278/1278993.jpg

Sony is seeking beta testers for the next PlayStation 4 system software update.

In a blog post today [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/17/sign-up-for-the-next-ps4-system-software-beta/], it was revealed that Sony will be holding a beta test for its next system software update, and testers are currently needed. According to the post, the beta will begin in early March. Those selected to participate will receive an email that explains how they can download the new software. In order to sign up, you'll need a PlayStation 4 with an Internet connection and a master account. The post did not touch on any of the new features or changes that will be included in the system update.

Since the software is pre-release, it could contain bugs - but according to the post, you can roll back to the previous system software at any time.

If you're interested in signing up, you can do so here [https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/playstation-4-firmware-35-beta-registration/]. In addition, beta testers are encouraged to join the PlayStation forums in order to get access to beta forums, where they can discuss the new features and provide feedback.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Psh. Sony needs to get with the times.

What they should be doing is selling brand new PS4's with this beta build, slap "early access special edition" on the box, and sell it for the exact same price as the other consoles.

This is why console gaming will never be as leet as PC.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
EyeReaper said:
Psh. Sony needs to get with the times.

What they should be doing is selling brand new PS4's with this beta build, slap "early access special edition" on the box, and sell it for the exact same price as the other consoles.

This is why console gaming will never be as leet as PC.
You forgot something. They need to replace the UI with a much sleeker version made in MS Paint.

I'm guessing they'll release a features list as it gets closer so people actually know what to test for. Curious what could be so drastic they're asking for beta testers.

Deathlyphil

Mar 6, 2008
"50% chance to get 4K resolution running at 60FPS on all games! Only 98% chance of it have an extreme heat-related issues! Side-effects include melting your console and burning down your house. You waive all rights by accepting the beta software. Sony now owns your left kidney and may collect it at their leisure..."

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I am sick and tired of Sony right now to be honest.

From their horrible customer support and shitty PS+ subscription (it gives you access to an inferior online system and shitty free games no one would have paid a dollar for!) to the design flaws of the PS4 (my PS4, and many others, has a problem with its disk drive that constantly ejects the disk. AND THEY DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS IF YOUR WARRANTY IS OVER. FOR A FLAW THAT RENDERS THE CONSOLE USELESS), Sony has given me impression that they are smug to brim from their success, and have not bothered to up their game like Microsoft has.

This may be my last console. I have seen the light of Gaben.

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
Bob_McMillan said:

From their horrible customer support and shitty PS+ subscription (it gives you access to an inferior online system and shitty free games no one would have paid a dollar for!) to the design flaws of the PS4 (my PS4, and many others, has a problem with its disk drive that constantly ejects the disk. AND THEY DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS IF YOUR WARRANTY IS OVER. FOR A FLAW THAT RENDERS THE CONSOLE USELESS), Sony has given me impression that they are smug to brim from their success, and have not bothered to up their game like Microsoft has.

Aww cmon man I get you're having a bad experience with your system but don't bash the free games. Sony was the first of the consoles to even offer free games, and their crappy offerings usually come out 2-3 months before Xbox offers the same things (so says my 2nd copy of Styx at least)

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
The Hungry Samurai said:
Bob_McMillan said:

Aww cmon man I get you're having a bad experience with your system but don't bash the free games. Sony was the first of the consoles to even offer free games, and their crappy offerings usually come out 2-3 months before Xbox offers the same things (so says my 2nd copy of Styx at least)
What happened to getting games like Injustice and MGS GZ? There are so many other old games and remasters that they could offer us. I understand that the Vita games also drag down the PS3 and PS4 games, but when you see the PS3 getting such awesome games, you start to wonder why you even got PS+. I mean, not only is the online free anyway on the PS3, but they get games like Mass Effect 2 and Uncharted regularly?

And I havent even got to the "voting" thing. That shit is absolutely useless, "Would you prefer your crap game as a platformer, or as a top down shooter? Or perhaps a boring indie game that will last you a whole 30 minutes?"

Sorry if I come across as over asshole-y, but damn, Sony has flung more than their fair share of bullshit my way. They renewed my PS+ subscription with that almost criminal "Do you want to renew the subscription automatically? We'll leave it on, just in case..." horse crap, and now am out 50 bucks that I meant to buy discounted games with during Easter, and left with a PS+ subscription that is wasted on the singleplayer only games I am currently playing. And when BF5, my next online game, comes out, it will have expired and I will have to RENEW AGAIN

AAAGAGHHGHGHGHGGJLHJLIGCGCC