First Just Cause 3 Expansion, Sky Fortress, Explored in Latest Trailer

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
First Just Cause 3 Expansion, Sky Fortress, Explored in Latest Trailer

Details of upcoming DLC revealed.

Square Enix has released a new trailer providing a peek at the upcoming "Sky Fortress" DLC for Just Cause 3, which is set to arrive on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One next month.

This first expansion for the open world destruction game released late last year, Sky Fortress will feature a series of new missions revolving around a flying base filled with robotic drones. With the new threat will come new equipment for Rico, including a rocket-powered wingsuit (with shoulder mounted machine guns and missiles; I guess the rocket wasn't over-the-top enough), a "Bavarium Splitter" assault rifle and his very own personal defense drone. All of these new items will be fully integrated into the main game and available to use in any mission.

Avalanche will follow this release with two further expansions. The first, "Land Mech Assault", will introduce a new armored vehicle equipped with a gravity gun, allowing it to lift and throw large objects. "Bavarium Sea Heist" will round out the set, with further details promised to arrive in the coming months. All three expansions are expected to be released before the end of Summer 2016.

[gallery=5744]

The Sky Fortress Pack will be sold for $11.99 and is also available as part of a season pass (priced $24.99) which includes all three expansions and will make them available to pass buyers a week before general release.

Source: YouTube [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sEUrJSWOQg]

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
"...including a rocket-powered wingsuit (with shoulder mounted machine guns and missles.)"

*Spits out wine and throws glass to floor* ...SOLD!!!

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Is... is that a jetpack?

As in, a proper awesome jetpack and not a boring extended-slow-jump-button kind of jetpack?

Not gonna lie, I'm almost tempted.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I really wish they would make their game work on PC before releasing any extra content.

Morti

Aug 19, 2008
Zhukov said:
Is... is that a jetpack?

As in, a proper awesome jetpack and not a boring extended-slow-jump-button kind of jetpack?

Not gonna lie, I'm almost tempted.
It helps that they already had wingsuit physics (or, well, Action Movie Game physics at least) in the game instead of trying to shoehorn flight into an engine that was not designed for it.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Dango said:
I really wish they would make their game work on PC before releasing any extra content.
"I wish this game which is on 3 platforms would drop into suspended animation until they get it working on mine. How dare other people have fun!"

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I feel bad about JC3. I was really looking forward to this game, then I heard so much bad things about it, so I passed on it.

I spent so much time with JC2 too...

ShadowGandalf01

Oct 3, 2011
Bob_McMillan said:
I feel bad about JC3. I was really looking forward to this game, then I heard so much bad things about it, so I passed on it.

Don't listen to what other people say. You should get it if you really want it then form your own opinion. You might love it. I did. I recently just finished liberating the whole map. Is it a 10/10 game? No. Is it fun? Yes.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
ShadowGandalf01 said:
Bob_McMillan said:

Don't listen to what other people say. You should get it if you really want it then form your own opinion. You might love it. I did. I recently just finished liberating the whole map. Is it a 10/10 game? No. Is it fun? Yes.
Its more about the technical side rather than the fun side. I despise playing unstable games.

Have they fixed it though? If its anything below 30 fps on console then I dont think I'll bother.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
... And I'm just sitting here wishing dearly that they would bring back Mercenaries' airstrikes.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Dango said:
They have a jetpack. Your argument is invalid.

I'd think the paucity of content would be an issue, too.