Physical Release of Tales from the Borderlands Coming Soon

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Physical Release of Tales from the Borderlands Coming Soon

Latest digital episodic series to find its way to a disc.

Tales from the Borderlands, the episodic adventure game from Telltale Games set in Gearbox Software's Borderlands universe, is scheduled to receive a physical release. The disc-based version will ship with all five episodes in the series, and will be available at retail for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The package is set to release on April 26.

Set following the events of Borderlands 2, Tales from the Borderlands follows the adventures of a Hyperion company man and a con-artist on Pandora as they discover the existence of a secret project by the now-defunct Atlas Corporation. As with other recent titles from Telltale, events and outcomes change as a result of decisions the player makes. The game features appearances by many of Borderlands' more memorable characters, including the Vault Hunters, Scooter, Claptrap, and the villainous Handsome Jack.

[gallery=5745]

Source: YouTube [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLW9Lpn7Its]

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok while I can get the disc is beneficial for someone who has crappy connection or no internet at all HOWEVER the disc got nothing on Steam sales!!

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Will this actually be a FULL physical release though???

Game of Thrones on Xbox One got one episode on disc with 5 more as a code, whereas on PS4 it came with five episodes on disc and one as a code.

Why bother getting codes for digital when they're much cheaper regularly on the marketplace.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I have just recently become interested in this game. I saw some of the cutscenes online, and I was excited to see that we get to find out what happens with Janny and a certain Vault Hunter, as well as a bunch of other little bits concerning the overall story progression. I didn't realize this game would tie so heavily in with the other three.

I'm not sure if I'll get the physical version or just download the game from the PS Store, but I do intend to play it soon.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Cool, nearly over a year old but better late than never as I always say. Though as FoolKiller said I wonder if it'll be the full game on disc or require a download to get the full game. Then again I had the good fortune to purchase the game during the Christmas steam sales and found it to be a pretty good Telltale game so it doesn't really affect me. I'm just waiting for the Borderlands 3 announcement to continue the story.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
They always cost almost double the price over here for Telltale physical releases. So I get them digital.