2016 Oscars Preview

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
2016 Oscars Preview

The 88th Academy Awards are this weekend. Here's your preview.

Read Full Article

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
I just want to list some of my predictions about The Oscars before it start. I'll break it down to Will Win, Rooting For, and occasionally mention a snub.

Best Picture: Rooting For: The Big Short
Will Win: The Revenant
Snub: Inside Out. Original is not a word commonly associated with family movies. This was an original movie that should have been given more appreciation from The Academy.

Best Director: Rooting For: Adam McKay for The Big Short
Will Win: Alejandro G. Inarritu for The Revenant
Honorable Mention: George Miller for Mad Max: Fury Road. I didn't like this movie. To be honest, the whole series never appealed to me. I only watched Fury Road because of the hype. Even though, I didn't like it. I definitely appreciated how technically difficult this movie was to pull off. I have no problem if he won.

Best Actor: Rooting For: Bryan Cranston for Trumbo
Will Win: Leonardo DiCaprio for The Revenant. It's going to be a combination of Lifetime Achievement and Playing Ugly and Handicapped. Ohhhh! Those Oscars biases.
Snub: Jason Segel for The End of the Tour. It was a wonderfully nuanced portrayal of an acclaimed author who is trying to wrestle with his demons as privately as possible.

Best Actress: Rooting For: Jennifer Lawrence for Joy
Will Win: Brie Larson for Room

Best Supporting Actor: Rooting For: Mark Rylance for Bridge of Spies
Will Win: Sylvester Stallone for Rocky: The Force Awakens
Snubs: Richard Kind for Inside Out. Bing Bong!!! Tom Noonan for Anomalisa. For Crying Out Loud! He played all but 2 characters in a whole movie.

Best Supporting Actress: Rooting For: Kate Winslet for Steve Jobs
Will Win: Kate Winslet for Steve Jobs. There has to be some upsets, then what the use of having an award show.
Snubs: Jennifer Jason Leigh for Anomalisa. Phyllis Smith for Inside Out. Alicia Vikander for Ex Machina.

Best Adapted Screenplay: Rooting For: The Big Short
Will Win: The Big Short
Snub: Steve Jobs. Aaron Sorkin reinvented the biopic with this screenplay.

Best Original Screenplay: Rooting For: either Ex Machina or Inside Out
Will Win: Ex Machina
Snub: The Hateful Eight