The Space Horse And Other Star Wars Episode VIII Set Photos

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
The Space Horse And Other Star Wars Episode VIII Set Photos

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1296/1296633.jpgThe latest set photos from Star Wars Episode VIII present new aliens, costumes, and some kind of tauntaun-ish creature.

It really doesn't seem long ago that <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/star%20wars%20the%20force%20awakens?os=star+wars+the+force+awakens>Star Wars: The Force Awakens was dominating the film world. Yet after giving everyone involved a few minutes to catch their breath, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166425-Teaser-and-More-Cast-Revealed-for-Star-Wars-Episode-VIII#&gid=gallery_5710&pid=1>Episode VIII kicked off production with <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165627-JJ-Abrams-Wishes-He-Could-Direct-Star-Wars-Episode-VIII>a reportedly fantastic script and a Dubrovnik filming location. That means the entire leaked Star Wars set photo game can begin all over again, and images are already pouring in.

Perhaps the most prominent photo depicts is what the internet has dubbed a "space horse", a prop animal bearing some resemblance to The Empire Strikes Back's tauntaun. While only the head is visible, Lucasfilm will likely spin some kind of computer magic in post to create the appearance of a living alien creature. Witnesses seem to believe either John Boyega or his stunt double was on the prop, so we shouldn't be surprised to see Finn riding it during the finished film.

More interesting to me, however are some of the alien and costume designs. Instagram user "ivapiva86" is apparently vacationing in Dubrovnik, and has used the opportunity to snatch photos of scenes mid-taping as she walked by. A variety of robed alien beings can be seen, along with what appear to be guards holding a position on the beach.

[gallery=5970]

What's it all mean? No idea! Unless Episode VIII is actually called Finn Rides A Horse, there are still a lot more details not even set photos can reveal. All the same, it will be intriguing to watch how it all fits together over the next two years. Star Wars Episode VIII reaches theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

Source: GamesRadar

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Fanghawk said:
What's it all mean? No idea!
It means we're going to have to construct a B-Ark and send off all the telephone sanitisers.

...wait, that was a Stargoat. My bad.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
A TaunTaun.

They have a TaunTaun. In the second movie. After the Deathst-I mean STARKILLER is destroyed. With Rey, who is totally not Luke, training on a single-biom planet which is totally not Dagobah, with an aged, wise old master, who is totally not Yoda, while Finn, who is totally not Han Solo, flies around on the Millennium Falcon, which is totally not the Millennium Falcon, being hunted by Captain Phasma, who is totally not Boba Fett while the First Order, who is totally not the Empire, hunt down and lay siege to a Resistance, who are totally not the Rebels, base on a tundra world, which is totally not a snowy world.

And whatever you do, NEVER think JJ is just taking ideas from previous movies and redoing them. No no. He is 100% original.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Silentpony said:
A TaunTaun.

They have a TaunTaun. In the second movie. After the Deathst-I mean STARKILLER is destroyed. With Rey, who is totally not Luke, training on a single-biom planet which is totally not Dagobah, with an aged, wise old master, who is totally not Yoda, while Finn, who is totally not Han Solo, flies around on the Millennium Falcon, which is totally not the Millennium Falcon, being hunted by Captain Phasma, who is totally not Boba Fett while the First Order, who is totally not the Empire, hunt down and lay siege to a Resistance, who are totally not the Rebels, base on a tundra world, which is totally not a snowy world.

And whatever you do, NEVER think JJ is just taking ideas from previous movies and redoing them. No no. He is 100% original.
But Not-Degobah isn't a swamp, it's Tython so it's completely unique never before seen concept. Not-Yoda will send Not-Luke into an old Rakata Dark Side contaminated ruin instead of cave this time, super different.

You know what would be great? If they made an even bigger Starkiller base! :O

Hiddelgreyk

Sep 29, 2015
Space Horse?
<spoiler=Space Horse>http://img13.deviantart.net/8535/i/2014/263/0/f/space_horse_by_lanutak-d7zwh9a.jpg

<spoiler=I'd prefer this, though>http://pre02.deviantart.net/8097/th/pre/f/2015/299/d/3/sith_luna_redux_by_ncmares-d9ehp3d.jpg

No regrets

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Ukomba said:
Silentpony said:
A TaunTaun.

But Not-Degobah isn't a swamp, it's Tython so it's completely unique never before seen concept. Not-Yoda will send Not-Luke into an old Rakata Dark Side contaminated ruin instead of cave this time, super different.

And then Not-Vader turns on Not-Palpatine after besting Not-Luke in Not-Episode VI? Sold.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Ukomba said:
Silentpony said:
A TaunTaun.

And then Not-Vader turns on Not-Palpatine after besting Not-Luke in Not-Episode VI? Sold.
Eh, he's not Not-Vader standards, more like Not-Sasuke. I would put money on them attempting a redemption arc though.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Ukomba said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Ukomba said:
Silentpony said:
A TaunTaun.

Eh, he's not Not-Vader standards, more like Not-Sasuke. I would put money on them attempting a redemption arc though.
After what he did in VII, I think redemption equals death for Kylo.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Ukomba said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Ukomba said:
Silentpony said:
A TaunTaun.

Most likely, but I'd actually like to see him turn and survive. And actually become a good person again. While Redemption Equals Death is a tried and true trope, it gets done all the time. And on a personal level, I take issue with the idea that the only way someone could redeem themselves for past crimes, is to die. It's too biblical for my tastes, and invalidates the idea of someone making amends for the rest of their lives for what they've done. Lot's of really compelling characters in fiction have been a bad guy who turns, and then actually do good with their lives. Prince Zuko for one, and I know there are dozens of others, I just can't think of them.

What other examples of "I will spend my life attoning" characters can you all think of? I'm drawing a blank right now, but I know there are plenty of them.

I'd rather see them do that with Kylo, I personally find that a far more compelling story than "oh, he killed himself for us so it's all good".

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Happyninja42 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Ukomba said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Ukomba said:
Silentpony said:
A TaunTaun.

Most likely, but I'd actually like to see him turn and survive. And actually become a good person again. While Redemption Equals Death is a tried and true trope, it gets done all the time. And on a personal level, I take issue with the idea that the only way someone could redeem themselves for past crimes, is to die. It's too biblical for my tastes, and invalidates the idea of someone making amends for the rest of their lives for what they've done. Lot's of really compelling characters in fiction have been a bad guy who turns, and then actually do good with their lives. Prince Zuko for one, and I know there are dozens of others, I just can't think of them.

What other examples of "I will spend my life attoning" characters can you all think of? I'm drawing a blank right now, but I know there are plenty of them.

I'd rather see them do that with Kylo, I personally find that a far more compelling story than "oh, he killed himself for us so it's all good".
I agree it's the obvious solution. I just hate the mofo. I'd rather he dropped dead.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
[quote="Johnny Novgorod" post="7.935848.23563887"

I agree it's the obvious solution. I just hate the mofo. I'd rather he dropped dead.[/quote]

Do you hate him because of his actions in the movie, from a narrative standpoint? Or the "Kylo sucks, I hate his character" standpoint?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Is it just me, or does it seem too... clean?

Episode VII was obviously much better than the Prequels in the practical effects department, but sometimes I really felt like a place could have had a bit more grime and weathering to make it more realistic.

And another thing, can we have characters change their Goddamn clothes? I liked how Empire bothered to update their character designs, and each character had at least 3 different outfits. Its those small attentions to detail that I loved so much about the Originals.