The Binding of Isaac Devs Announce New Title The Legend of Bum-bo

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The Binding of Isaac Devs Announce New Title The Legend of Bum-bo

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1300/1300950.jpgEdward McMillen and James Id - the devs behind The Binding of Isaac - are now teasing their newest game, The Legend of Bum-bo.

In a self-described teaser post [http://bindingofisaac.com/post/141469230814/announcing-teasing-the-legend-of-bum-bo-james] on the Binding of Isaac website, the describe the new title as, "a turn based puzzle RPG type thingy that's randomly generated." There's precious little else, apart from the fact that Id is handling the programming and 3D art, with McMillen handling designing, writing and 2D art and design.

The post ends with a cryptic tease addressing those who might wonder why the announcement is posted on the Binding of Isaac blog, and encourages fans to follow the team on Twitter for more info and teases in the coming months.

While there's not much to go on here, outside of the coin in the logo and the subtitle, which reads "Bum-bo want coin!" One thing's for sure, though. If the devs can live up to their last game, we'll likely have another enjoyable game on our hands.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
As cool as this is, where the hell is Mewgenics? That thing has been teased for God knows how long and there's nary a release date in sight.

Also I'd argue that they're better known as Team Meat and for Super Meat Boy over Binding of Isaac, but then again, that game's popularity has slipped me by somewhat.

syl3r

Oct 21, 2014
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
As cool as this is, where the hell is Mewgenics? That thing has been teased for God knows how long and there's nary a release date in sight.

Also I'd argue that they're better known as Team Meat and for Super Meat Boy over Binding of Isaac, but then again, that game's popularity has slipped me by somewhat.
defenately agree on mewgenics but the problem is, this is NOT team meat. mcmillen did meat boy together with Tommy Refenes. and he is not involved in this or isaac as far as i know.
if i remember correctly mcmillen is more the artist guy while refenes was the coder on meat boy. and there is probably the issue we see here.
mewgenics is stuck, probably more on the coding side, since that is a HUGE part in mewgenics, probably much more then the artwork itself.
so if thats the case, mcmillen maybe has done all he can do for that by now and looks for another project.

also, i wouldnt be shocked if mewgenics was really dead, which would make me a sad sad panda