8 Unforgettable Resident Evil Monsters

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
8 Unforgettable Resident Evil Monsters

Resident Evil has a long history of unsettling monster designs gamers both loved and were terrified of. Here are eight fan favorites.

Read Full Article

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Chainsaw Guy? *tsk tsk tsk* He prefers to be called Doctor Salvador.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Wow....no Tyrant? *sigh* And once again the list fails....

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
I'm more surprised by no hunters, especially with their introduction movie and finding the handgun was no where near enough to avoid decapitation, the licker was tame compared to that.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Seriously, no "Mr. X"? I thought he was easily one of the best monsters they ever had. Awesome entrance, mysterious, seemingly invincible, and was a thorn in your side throughout the entire game, just to set up a final epic battle with him. Almost every scene with him was memorable: smashing through the walls chasing you, his entrance cinematic, him destroying the security camera (which let you know he was coming for you), and when you finally discovered what he actually was.

I'd also nominate "Nosferatu"/Alexander Ashford from Code Veronica. Just a creepy as shit monster, and seeing him approach you through the blizzard was just a creepy as hell set-up.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I am legit surprised you didn't include the camera and controls for any game before RE4. I mean damn man, if anything killed you, it was those beep beep beep tank controls and annoying camera shifts.

Flathole

Sep 5, 2015
What, no Glasp? The floating, invisible motherfuckers that will break your spine (1-shot) AND THEN use your body for reproduction by shooting their larvae onto you. "feast, my pretties," I hear them say. difficult and deeply unsettling.
Warning: Graphically violent video. DUH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0dUgkoOcYA

And the "Giant saw-wielding motherfuckers" from REvelations 1 (and REvelations 2 raid mode) that just exist to fuck your shit. I think they even throw out bear-traps, stunning your character so they can close in and slice you up.

There's a trend I've been seeing lately- NO LOVE for the REvelations games. I don't know why. Ok, the first was kind of all over the place and unsure what to do, but REvelations2 was a perfect blend of RE4/5 arcade-y action and REmake/REclassic claustraphobia, ammo scarcity, and hiding/running from enemies. REvelations 2 also has just an ASSLOAD OF CONTENT in both aforementioned areas. No, I'm not a viral Capcom marketer, it was by far my favorite game of 2015 (and probably beats several other recent years as well) but it seemed to have slipped under most people's radars.

I blame the title name. The NA release should've just been called "Biohazard" and "Biohazard 2".