Battleborn vs. Overwatch - What's the difference?

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
Battleborn vs. Overwatch - What's the difference?

They look the same, so they must be the same game, right? Is that how it works?

Read Full Article

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I can't choose at the moment-

Personally, I kinda favour Battleborn due to having more content (quantity) as in a story mode where Overwatch on the other hand has better looking characters (quality)! This is not to say Battleborn character are bad, it just that the Overwatch character are more distinguish as in like Team Fortress 2 kind of unquieness (like how you can easily recognise the classes if they were put as silhouette!).

Another off putting that I had found out recently is that Battleborn need 50gig storage space but some other website says it only need 10gig?? Overwatch simply needs 5gigs?

Either way, I won't be buying anyone of the two on release day especially when I recently learn that Fire Emblem: Fates is coming out to Europe at the end of May like Overwatch and the special collection with Revelation is out a week after!!!

Also, does anyone know why the Steam download version for Battleborn is ?9 more than the disc version on Amazon? I mean the disc is gonna be used on Steam anyway?

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
One thing is for sure, I like overwatch's roster WAY more than battleborn's. Overwatch doesn't seem terribly afraid of giving high firepower, and/or defense and the sort to the women in the roster which gives it superior brownie points with me for a more diverse skill set to pick from instead of Battleborn's fixation on making most of the women support, or glass cannons with MAYBE some potential for a few to be decent tanks, though those are all frikking melee sorts and generally low on the HP side of things.
Overwatch has clearly thought more outside the box, IMO.

Issue with Overwatch is that I hate PVP.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
My Anthro Urges
I like Toby & Benedict, but I'm not certain if that's a good enough reason to preorder Battleborn. Not counting Roadhog Winston is basically the only Anthro character in Overwatch. And I'm just not interested in him because Human's are technically Apes.

My Robot Urges
Bastion turning into a tank in Overwatch looks neat. Marquis in Battleborn gives me an urge to listen to Mandopony's Just Gold.

I still don't have enough of an urge to purchase either one.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I haven't been able to test Battleborn, but Overwatch has a lot of diversity within the classes that I really like. There's depth to the game for every playstyle and I even found myself playing a heals class when I've never been interested in such before. There might not be a story mode, but if the first short released is any indication of the external story development Blizz is putting in, I don't mind it not being directly part of the game. That little short about Winston was Pixar-level awesome.
I'm not going to down on Battleborn, again I haven't been able to play it, but I'll say that Overwatch is worth playing so long as you like PvP shooters.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Between the two I guess Overwatch is a bit more appealing to me. I like character designs a little bit more and I'm more of a fan a straight up PVP shooters than ones with MOBA elements. Although, I can't deny that Battleborn's single player elements are appealing.
Dr. McD said:
Battleborn on the other hand feels like an attempt to cash in on Borderlands and TF2's success. Gearbox hasn't been that good outside of Borderlands in recent years and even then it was only Borderlands 2. Anyone remember Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines? Yeah. Not exactly hyped for Gearbox.
Well it seemed pretty obvious to me that the failings of DNF and A:CM were due to Gearbox not giving a damn and believing that those games would sell plenty on name recognition, regardless of quality. Gearbox can make good games when they want to, though admittedly the last time that happened was Borderlands 2. I guess Battleborn will be Gearbox's chance to prove that they can give a damn about something other than Borderlands.

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
I can't choose at the moment-

Personally, I kinda favour Battleborn due to having more content (quantity) as in a story mode where Overwatch on the other hand has better looking characters (quality)! This is not to say Battleborn character are bad, it just that the Overwatch character are more distinguish as in like Team Fortress 2 kind of unquieness (like how you can easily recognise the classes if they were put as silhouette!).
This has always been a strong tenet of Blizzard design philosophy across all its games: silhouette. Blizz always wants you to be able to tell exactly who a character is amidst whatever chaos is going on.

JayDeth

Dec 18, 2009
No mention of that even worse than Duke Nukem Forever, Aliens: Colonial Marines game that Gearbox made? At least with DNF they have the excuse that a fed up publisher handed them over a decade's worth of scrapes of a game and no doubt said, "please, just do ANYTHING with this." That Aliens game though... I can't fathom any good reason for that sucking all the ass.

Also, Gearbox's game looks like a Borderlands clone to me to more than anything. When I first saw footage of it, that's what I thought it was at first and when I found out it was completely different game I was like, "wait, what?"