Trying to Survive - A History of Survival Horror Video Games

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Trying to Survive - A History of Survival Horror Video Games

A look at the early days of survival horror.

Read Full Article

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Hm, played Outlast? The sequel is out this fall and i recently finished the original, instantly went for the DLC expansion Whistleblower. Stressful at times, but very much the horror we need now. Remember...history is continuously being made and we are part of it.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Ah, how I weep for my lost Lenore that is good survival horror... and openly sob over the cancellation of Silent Hills.

With the exception of Alien: Isolation (which got much less scary when they handed me a shotgun and that bolt rifle), I can't remember the last time I played a game that legit scared me.

I love survival horror (and not only the good ones, I like allll the Silent Hill games) so it's sad that they just don't make 'em like they used to.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
You forgot the most harrowing survival horror milestone of all- one so horrifying it baits you with a completely benign type of game, luring you into a sense of light hearted fun, and then before you know it... BAM!

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Just remember - Lisa doesn't like it if you ignore her, or enter her house, or talk to the fetus. The fetus knows all and is evil. Don't talk to the fetus.