Final Fantasy XV New Playable Demo Available on Xbox One, PS4

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Final Fantasy XV New Playable Demo Available on Xbox One, PS4

A "Platinum Demo" is now available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One gamers, but will not be part of the main game.

Square Enix recently revealed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167071-Final-Fantasy-XV-Release-Date-CG-Movie-and-Anime-Announced#&gid=gallery_6115&pid=1] that Final Fantasy XV will be available on September 30 and, further, that there will also be a CG movie and anime series to accompany it. However, for those of you who simply cannot wait until September for the upcoming RPG, you can now download a new demo for it on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. The "Platinum Demo," which is available now for free, "offers a glimpse into the final game as it whisks players away to a fragmented dreamscape of Noctis as a child." According to Square Enix, the storyline in the demo is unique, and will not be available in the main game.

"Players can take control of young Noctis as he masters various weapons, magic skills and driving," a press release reads. "To overcome the many monsters within this fantastical dream world, young Noctis will have Carbuncle as is his magical guide."

Playing and completing the demo unlocks the Carbuncle summon DLC for the main game when it releases. Players can download the Platinum Demo from the PlayStation Store [https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/PLATINUM-DEMO-FINAL-FANTASY-XV/7e0fa99c-bcfd-49e2-90c3-d17d2e566b49].

[gallery=6116]

You can find more details on the CG movie, anime, and pre-ordering Final Fantasy XV here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167071-Final-Fantasy-XV-Release-Date-CG-Movie-and-Anime-Announced#&gid=gallery_6115&pid=1]

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
I'm a bit put off by how the character you are controlling is offset to the left of the center of the screen, didn't really enjoy running around like that.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Wow... that demo was... underwhelming.
Seriously SE next time just forget about it.
Proves to me that SE has still no grasp about what players really want. Their recently decent games all were from western developers like Crystal Dynamics or Eidos.

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
I loved it. The Carbuncle creature alone was worth the hour I spent, and the fight at the end was bloody fantastic. I can't wait to play the finished game. I already preordered the Fuck Abraham Maslow Edition. I don't even plan on selling it on eBay at a 100% profit, either!

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Now featuring A "cinematic" framerate, seriously I hope they better optimise the final product.

Guilen-

Mar 14, 2009
In hindsight, I really liked it, but it's a little weird/sad that a Final Fantasy game is making me feel like I'm playing Spyro the Dragon. Though it feels a lot like the kind of games I play FF games to get away from, I'm still excited. There were more than a few creative touches that reminded me how much I enjoyed Kingdom Hearts back in the day, and I think the overall artistic direction of the game is going to class the industry up a substantial notch.

Guilen-

Mar 14, 2009
In hindsight, I really liked it, but it's a little weird/sad that a Final Fantasy game is making me feel like I'm playing Spyro the Dragon. Though it feels a lot like the kind of games I play FF games to get away from, I'm still excited. There were more than a few creative touches that reminded me how much I enjoyed Kingdom Hearts back in the day, and I think the overall artistic direction of the game is going to class the industry up a substantial notch.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
They're really pushing this hard aren't they? Possibly because of the bucket of vomit encrusted toxic swill that was Lightning Returns...