Big Deals: Dark Souls 3's Pre-Order Discounts

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
Big Deals: Dark Souls 3's Pre-Order Discounts

Norn9: Var Commons (PS Vita) - $29.99.
List is $40.
<br clear=all>

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from weekly [http://www.dealzon.com] for the latest deals. Feedback? Let us know in the comments!

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
Well ... that's not cool.

I pre-ordered Dark Souls III two months ago on February 22nd, yet it dropped down to 20% with only a few days left until release? That seems kind of like a middle finger to those who paid in full price for the game, even though I got a 8% discount because anyone who owns the previous Dark Souls games gets a discount. But because I bought the Deluxe Edition, I still paid roughly $80. I could of saved so much money if I just waited till the last week, but how was I supposed to know they would do that?

Second strike guys. First Namco lets people in Japan play the game before anyone else in the world does, now they make it 20% cheaper when most of us already bought the game beforehand? That's some shady crap guys and as a die hard fan, i'm not happy.
I don't think it's Namco's decision to hold these sales, is it? I thought it was the retail sites themselves.
For me I just think of it as paying less for waiting.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Annnd another disappointment for choosing Sony this generation. Can't have it all i guess. But why no psn option in our escapist user profiles, when every other platform is covered? Is there are larger rift between sony and the PC scene than other providers?

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Like the idiot I am, I already splurged on the Steam Controller bundle. I practiced with it in DS2 to see if I'd be using it for DS3. Guess how well that went.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
Well ... that's not cool.

I pre-ordered Dark Souls III two months ago on February 22nd, yet it dropped down to 20% with only a few days left until release? That seems kind of like a middle finger to those who paid in full price for the game, even though I got a 8% discount because anyone who owns the previous Dark Souls games gets a discount. But because I bought the Deluxe Edition, I still paid roughly $80. I could of saved so much money if I just waited till the last week, but how was I supposed to know they would do that?

Second strike guys. First Namco lets people in Japan play the game before anyone else in the world does, now they make it 20% cheaper when most of us already bought the game beforehand? That's some shady crap guys and as a die hard fan, i'm not happy.
Go figure a Japanese game comes out in japan first. That's not anything new. I love Dynasty Warriors, but those usually have over a month before it comes out in the US if at all. As for the pre-order, cant you cancel it and just get the cheaper option?

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
Well ... that's not cool. [/snip]
(Probably) not Namco's fault, but I pre-ordered the collector's edition a while ago from an online retailer, then a week ago I got a message saying they "weren't going to get as many copies as they thought" and I was one of those who wouldn't get mine. Yay... So now I'm basically going to have to hope a local retail store will have it, and that I will get there before it's sold out...

Bloody Expensive.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
RejjeN said:
Caramel Frappe said:
Well ... that's not cool. [/snip]
(Probably) not Namco's fault, but I pre-ordered the collector's edition a while ago from an online retailer, then a week ago I got a message saying they "weren't going to get as many copies as they thought" and I was one of those who wouldn't get mine. Yay... So now I'm basically going to have to hope a local retail store will have it, and that I will get there before it's sold out...

Bloody Expensive.
Edit: ignore me. Everything I said does not apply because reading is hard and I didn't get to the end of your conversation before responding.

OT: I have steam wallet funds so I'm just gonna get it through there. Woopty doo

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Xsjadoblayde said:
Annnd another disappointment for choosing Sony this generation. Can't have it all i guess. But why no psn option in our escapist user profiles, when every other platform is covered? Is there are larger rift between sony and the PC scene than other providers?
Pretty sure the reason that option is missing is because there's no API we can use to build it in, but don't quote me on it.