DICE to Announce Next Battlefield Game Next Week

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
DICE to Announce Next Battlefield Game Next Week

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1317/1317752.jpgThe newest Battlefield game will be shown off by DICE next Friday, May 6.

Battlefield fans now have something to look forward to next week, as DICE will finally be revealing the newest game in the long-running shooter series.

Friday, May 6 at 4 PM ET, DICE will show off what they call, "The Future of Battlefield." The event [http://www.battlefield.com/event] will feature Creative Director Lars Gustavsson and Lead Producer Aleksander Grondal talking about not only the new game, but the franchise as a whole. There will also be a chance for fans to ask questions of the pair.

There's no word yet on where the stream will take place (although it's likely to be on Twitch somewhere). We'll update as soon as more information is available.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
Can they just not? It's going to be another yearly sequel of a yearly franchise that can never quite hit the numbers that Call of Duty does. Plus it typically releases in a far more broken state. You'd think with a yearly template, they could at least release a game that's stable.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
CritialGaming said:
Can they just not?
I sort of concur.

Trouble is, BF2 and BF3 are two of my favourite games of all time. I've been playing BF3 every week for almost five years now. Meanwhile the BF2 community is so hardcore that even the Gamespy switch off didn't kill the game, I still play that every so often almost 11 years later and it's still awesome.

So every time a new Battlefield comes out I sit there repeating the phrase Please Be Good over and over.

I hope DICE can nail this one. 2142, Bad Company and BC2 were great but didn't quite have the staying power. BF4 got great in the end but has too much extraneous stuff, Hardline and Battlefront not so much.

We'll see, I'll be deciding whether to be optimistic or cynical when the proper announcement comes.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
CritialGaming said:
Can they just not? It's going to be another yearly sequel of a yearly franchise that can never quite hit the numbers that Call of Duty does. Plus it typically releases in a far more broken state. You'd think with a yearly template, they could at least release a game that's stable.
Well there wasn't one last year.

Unless Battlefront counts but that really is stretching it.

OT: I'll wait for the Goty in 2 years with all the bug fixes, BF4 is amazing now shame it was so shit on launch I quit after a few hours. BC2 and BF3 were amazing stuff though :(

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
The sky is blue, the grass is green and of course DICE will announce another Battlefield, it's almost all they do now.

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
I'm conflicted. On one hand I wan this to be a great game, but on the other hand, I know this game will be riddled with microtransactions and season passes and possibly on disc dlc. I'll even go a step further and predict they'll have weapon skins ala Counter Strike Global Offensive.

I miss expansion packs ala Starcraft: Brood Wars and Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i think i skip out on it. as much as i enjoy 3 and 4, no one is playing them anymore. at least in australia. no seriously, all the servers are empty, regardless the mode. with some luck i find one but thats about it. 3 is totally dead. which is a shame.
im sure that when the new one comes out, it will be busy for maybe 6 months, and then i hardly find any servers anymore.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'm excited. I mean, I barely recognize Hardline's existence, so this feels like a breath of fresh air. Three years after Battlefield 4, I'm ready for something new.
The White Hunter said:
CritialGaming said:

He's referring to Hardline. Which as previously mentioned, is indeed not a Battlefield game, and there is nothing anyone can say to make me think otherwise.

CritialGaming said:
Plus it typically releases in a far more broken state. You'd think with a yearly template, they could at least release a game that's stable.
You know, they only really started with the yearly template thing last year. Only BFBC2 and BF3 had no time between them. And with Battlefront and Hardline's fairly stable launch, I think there's a pretty good chance of this one releasing in a good condition.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Bob_McMillan said:
I'm excited. I mean, I barely recognize Hardline's existence, so this feels like a breath of fresh air. Three years after Battlefield 4, I'm ready for something new.
The White Hunter said:
CritialGaming said:

He's referring to Hardline. Which as previously mentioned, is indeed not a Battlefield game, and there is nothing anyone can say to make me think otherwise.

CritialGaming said:
Plus it typically releases in a far more broken state. You'd think with a yearly template, they could at least release a game that's stable.
You know, they only really started with the yearly template thing last year. Only BFBC2 and BF3 had no time between them. And with Battlefront and Hardline's fairly stable launch, I think there's a pretty good chance of this one releasing in a good condition.
Oh shit Hardline was last year? I thought it was 2014, the spring release must have got muddled in in my mind.

Hardline is battlefield in title only really, and I suppose the engine, but the game is so different to actual Battlefield.

I want one thing and one thing only: DICE standard ruleset servers.

No I don't think it's cheating to kill you with an RPG when you're bunkered into that building.

No I don't think it's fun to play this conquest game for 200000000000 tickets.