Keanu - They've Got a Gangster Kitten

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Keanu - They've Got a Gangster Kitten

Keanu is a movie about a man trying to retrieve his kitten. His gangster kitten.

Read Full Article

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Gotta admit, I do like Key and Peele, and this is one of the most original ideas Hollywood has had in years... But I don't wanna go see this movie.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I really liked it. Wasn't too many burst out laughing moments (were some though) but I was consistently laughing throughout the movie. Plus its definatly worth seeing if you want to understand parts of the trailer better, since context is lacking in certain parts.

Also I had no idea Anna Faris was playing herself until it was blatantly said in the film. Shes not exactly someone you know is playing herself just by seeing her.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
I heard a while ago that they were making a movie, but that it would be featuring their character Mr. Garvey. I guess over time, this is what the project turned into. That's probably a good thing, while I like their individual skits and characters, I'm not sure if any are meaty enough to turn into something feature-length.

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
So the "perfect person" who apparently voices Keanu... It's Keanu Reeves isn't it?

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
I actually wanna see this lol, seems original, and I guess it's full of key and peels jokes but that's not really been on film all that much so I'm in.

Czann

Jan 22, 2014
The kitten alone make this movie worth watching. Good that the bonus movie that comes with the kitten is also funny.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Marter! I was wondering what happened to you!
Key & Peele was hit and miss for me, but this looks funny enough for me, as long as they don't get preachy about race and is mainly about the character's personalities.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
I kept calling Keanu an action movie with a cat. Even though, it was marketed as a comedy. I think that was the best way to approach this movie. It's an action movie with the premise being that people are willing to kill and die over a cute little kitten. With such an absurd premise, it does delivers the laughs. It also have the right amount commentary about race. One appeal of Key & Peele is their ability to point out and mock aspects of black culture that the community have accepted as untouchable. This movie does a great job pointing out that the difference between black and white is really a class issue not a race issue.

It's a light movie. Light action and light comedy. I love the George Michael recurring gag. I have always thought he was underrated. I also like the ending. They were able to mine some more laughs by grounding the movie in reality in the end. I liked this movie because I love Key & Peele, cute gangsta kittens ("Scratch that *****!"), and action movies.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
I just saw the movie yesterday and I can't believe its doing so well. First time I have ever pulled my phone out in a theater to double check its rotten tomatoes score because it was so boring. I like key and peele, but stretching one of their sketches to and 1.5 hours long was pretty awful.