Dishonored 2 Releases This November

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Dishonored 2 Releases This November

Bethesda has announced that Dishonored 2 will release this November - with a gameplay demo coming next month.

Bethesda announced today [https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/dishonored-2-release-date-revealed/2016/04/26/115] that Dishonored 2, follow-up to the 2012 first person action game, will release on November 11 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC. Bethesda also announced that the first public gameplay demo will take place during the company's E3 2016 conference on June 12.

Here's the official story description, in case you haven't seen it:

"Dishonored 2 is set 15 years after the Lord Regent has been vanquished and the dreaded Rat Plague has passed into history. An otherworldly usurper has seized the throne from Empress Emily Kaldwin, leaving the fate of the Isles hanging in the balance. As either Emily Kaldwin or Corvo Attano, travel beyond the legendary streets of Dunwall to Karnaca - a once-dazzling coastal city that holds the key to restoring Emily to power. Armed with the mark of the Outsider and powerful new supernatural abilities, hunt down your enemies and forever alter the fate of the Empire."

More details are expected in the coming days, so be sure to check back in.

[gallery=6207]

2HF

May 24, 2011
Whelp, looks like I know what I'm asking for as an anniversary present. Paper is year one, right? Fully paid off Dishonored 2 preorder receipt it is!

Black Fire Dragon13

Jan 24, 2015
Wish I had a damn time machine. Dishonored is my favorite game of all time, it holds a special place in my heart, pretty much the same place most people reserve for portal, silent hill 2 and half-life 1 & 2.

Guess I'll just go and play the definitive edition on my Xbox.

Willinium

Jun 2, 2011
. . . Who the hell has taken over the Empire? It can't be the Outsider, the apathetic diety is well. . . too apathetic to do anything of the sort. So who has taken control of this Empire?

WonkyWarmaiden

Jun 15, 2010
Squee!

Sorry, I'm just really happy to finally hear some news about Dishonored 2. There hasn't been anything new since the trailer reveal and I was worrying that the game had been pushed back so it's very good to hear about a release date and a gameplay demo in one go. Now we just have to wait for June. Bethesda has successfully lured me into watching their E3 presentation again this year.

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
I wonder whether Emily will be free of the Outsider's mark, if you choose to play as Corvo.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Willinium said:
. . . Who the hell has taken over the Empire? It can't be the Outsider, the apathetic diety is well. . . too apathetic to do anything of the sort. So who has taken control of this Empire?
I suppose we can only speculate for now, but it could be something similar to the witches from the DLC of the first game, another being the Outsider gave power or another entity with it's own power that we've not encountered yet.

Either way, I thought the first game was flawed but still great. I'm hoping this one will turn out even better.

Willinium

Jun 2, 2011
Laser Priest said:
Willinium said:
I suppose we can only speculate for now, but it could be something similar to the witches from the DLC of the first game, another being the Outsider gave power or another entity with it's own power that we've not encountered yet.

Either way, I thought the first game was flawed but still great. I'm hoping this one will turn out even better.
Oh I'm sure that the game will be FANTASTIC, but I am, as always, concerned about the plot and story. After all there was no reason in my mind that Corvo was betrayed in the Low Chaos ending.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Willinium said:
Laser Priest said:
Willinium said:

Oh I'm sure that the game will be FANTASTIC, but I am, as always, concerned about the plot and story. After all there was no reason in my mind that Corvo was betrayed in the Low Chaos ending.
They apparently explain it in another thread on this forum. Some outside force (rival nation I believe) basically ousts her. Or, it could simply be another insurrection from various nobles that have yet to be introduced. It's not that hard to point to real life examples of legitimate rulers being overthrown by one faction or another within the country. They could pretty much throw a dart at a wall of examples and come up with something plausible.

Charismatic General mobilizes the military and overthrows her.

Religious leader denounces her as a servant of the Outsider due to her connection to Corvo, and the religious sheep oust her.

Various nobles question the validity of her reign, and her capability to rule it, citing naivety and inexperience, and oust her.

etc, etc.

But I'm pretty sure I saw them name the Big Bad, and I think he is a person from another country.

Living_Brain

When in doubt, overclock
Feb 8, 2012
Super hyped for this game, the original was one of the most compelling experiences I've had in gaming. It seems they took the time they needed for it, let's hope it doesn't suck!