Tomorrow's Darkest Dungeon Update Adds Town Events, Completes Kickstarter Stretch Goals

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Tomorrow's Darkest Dungeon Update Adds Town Events, Completes Kickstarter Stretch Goals

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1322/1322720.jpgThe new Darkest Dungeon update not only adds Town Events, it represents the fulfillment of the last of the Kickstarter game feature stretch goals.

Darkest Dungeon has definitely been a success story for both Kickstarter and Early Access. Tomorrow, Red Hook Studios will roll out a new update to the game that not only adds new content, it finishes off the last game feature stretch goal remaining. Red Hook says that it will now focus on producing the physical rewards for its successful Kickstarter.

The new update, titled "Everything Burns," adds Town Events. These events mean that when you come back from a quest, you may find that things in the Hamlet have changed since you left. You may have bonus recruits or extra supplies, but you could also find some local facilities closed. Red hook also says that "The Hamlet is not as safe as it once was..."

Other changes in this update include a default party order button, new visual effects in the Hamlet, and a number of other fixes.

The new update will land on Steam tomorrow, but if you're both adventurous and impatient, you can opt in to the beta branch right now. Instruction son how to do that, as well as a full list of the changes included in the update, can be found in this post on the Darkest Dungeon website [http://www.darkestdungeon.com/everything-burns/].

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
*Cracks knuckles* Been meaning to actually beat this game. Seems as good a time as any.

Metadigital

May 5, 2014
Time to reserve a room in the local brothel because this update is going to up the stress level of this game.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Cool, I guess.

I got bored of it long ago.

It's a neat little game that does a lot of things right, but when all is said and done it's just too damn grindy with gameplay that isn't meaty enough to last the distance.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Still waiting for this to come to PS4. Looks like July or August now. Sigh. I really want to play because it looks interesting.

maffgibson

Deep Breath Taker
Sep 10, 2013
Zhukov said:
Cool, I guess.

I got bored of it long ago.

It's a neat little game that does a lot of things right, but when all is said and done it's just too damn grindy with gameplay that isn't meaty enough to last the distance.
This is exactly why I dropped it about halfway through.

Was about to pick it up again, but something tells me having the town as a source of rng slaps to the face is only going to put me off more. Like if opening the ship upgrade menu in ftl occasionally resulted in systems exploding and hull breaches.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Sniper Team 4 said:
Still waiting for this to come to PS4. Looks like July or August now. Sigh. I really want to play because it looks interesting.
The really scary thing is that it's coming to Vita as well, which means I can't just walk away from it anymore.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Wasn't the vita ver supposed to have been out in spring. There's not much spring left. Maybe they wanted to add all this stuff to the console version from the get or somehing. Ah well.

Jburton9

Aug 21, 2012
Gah, this is one of several games on my going to get to it at some point list. The game play reminds me of Nethack style where you are battling a house of stacked cards and RNG barriers of entry.

I do like the concept though and they made a neat intro trailer for it. If it had deeper content I think it would have moved higher on my get to it list.

Good point about portable gaming, I could see lots of pause and play there heh.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Darkest Dungeon continues to reward my investment in it during Early Access. Now if only the equally awesome looking Darkwood would show some real progress in development....

erttheking said:
*Cracks knuckles* Been meaning to actually beat this game. Seems as good a time as any.
I am yet to survive a level five quest, let alone reach the bloody Darkest Dungeon itself!