They Are Making a Fruit Ninja Movie

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
They Are Making a Fruit Ninja Movie

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1323/1323694.png
If you thought things couldn't get any stupider than a Tetris movie, think again.

Earlier in the week, we reported that the Tetris movie [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167465-Tetris-Movie-80M-Budget-Shooting-Next-Year] was moving forward, but today it looks like Hollywood has one-upped itself, with a report from The Hollywood Reporter claiming that a Fruit Ninja movie is in the works. Yeah, Fruit Ninja, that mobile game where you... cut fruit.

Tripp Vinson will produce the movie under his Vinson Films production banner. J.P. Lavin and Chad Damiani, who most recently wrote, How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack, will pen the script for Fruit Ninja.

Vinson will partner with Fruit Ninja dev Halfbrick Studios for production on the movie. All we know about the material itself is that it will be a " live-action family comedy".

Angry Birds, Tetris and now Fruit Ninja? Hollywood really is running out of ideas...

Source: The Hollywood Reporter [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fruit-ninja-movie-works-896056]

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Great, its a new fucking gold-rush, making movies about popular mobile-games, though a clash royale movie might have some potential if anyone at hollywood gave a shit, which I doubt they do

MatthewTheDark

The Meme Machine
Jun 13, 2014
But why? What fucking point is there in this? It has less plot than Angry Birds. And as I understand it, that movie was fucking abysmal. So what point is there in this?

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
No, I thought things couldn't get any more stupid then an emoji movie. I've still yet to be corrected but this is getting pretty dumb. Angry Birds becomes reasonably successful and now all of the app store games are getting movies. Get ready for flappy bird and Clash of Clans next.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Not surprised, since Angry Birds and Tetris. Also, I called this basically.

Now...heres an idea. Set it in the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs series. You can already probably see where this is going.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I blame Angry Birds for this. Because an overhyped rip-off of games you can play for free got to go for a ludicrously-large cash-grab and and some jerk thought it deserved to somehow be on the big screen too, we have this kind of precident. Making games into movies isn't new, but frankly taking games that have nothing at all to give is also pointless.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Saelune said:
Not surprised, since Angry Birds and Tetris. Also, I called this basically.

Now...heres an idea. Set it in the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs series. You can already probably see where this is going.
That isn't a terrible idea actually. That said this movie will most likely be low budget shit.

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
I eagerly await the announcement of the Candy Crush Saga film. Truly, only cinema can do justice that noble artform that is Candy Crush.

K12

Dec 28, 2012
Apparently literally anything that most people have heard of can be made into a film, even when the title is basicaly the whole joke... so basically greenlight developers have somehow gotten jobs in the film industry.

Tetris is still the dumbest one of these until they make a film about Bejeweled.

I'm calling it that we'll get a "Flappy bird" film soon.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
There's gonna be an Emoji movie.

I refuse to act like Tetris and Fruit Ninja movies are dumber than that.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
If Clash of Clans gets a movie, I'm officially bailing it. These movies are getting made for soups and giggles as the onlookers ponder at the madness the movie industry is going through. But Clash of Clans is something I'm officially against being allowed to expand and get more money.

How can a Fruit Ninja movie work? Let me quote HIM:
"You're a ninja, fruit is flying through the air and f*ck fruit" - Ben Yahtzee, 2012

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Hmm...this was only a matter of time. Still waiting on Tiddlywinks, if any creatively starved hollywood types are reading this. *tiddlywink tiddlynudge*

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Oh god Hollywood... Stop, just STOP with making these stupid movies using games that will not make sense on the silver screen.

Can I get the Farnsworth special please?