Massive Fallout 4 Mod to Have More Quests and Locations than Far Harbor

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Massive Fallout 4 Mod to Have More Quests and Locations than Far Harbor

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1323/1323970.jpgThe Fallout Cascadia mod has some ambitious goals, including having "more quests and locations" than the Fallout 4 Far Harbor DLC.

Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC is out now, and it's one of the largest add-ons Bethesda has ever released. Now the mod community is going to try and top it with Fallout Cascadia.

This new mod will take players to the Pacific Northwest - specifically, Seattle, Washington. It's a standalone adventure that takes place several decades after the events of Fallout 4. You'll have to start a new save, and there won't be a way to travel between the Pacific Northwest and the Commonwealth, unless someone else makes a mod to allow it.

In describing the mod, the official site says, "Many locations of the game focus around the city proper, including certain fair grounds, public markets, and other famous locations. The game will also include other locations to the west and south including Mercer Island, Redmond, Bellvue, forested areas and airports." The scale is also mentioned, with the description reading, "The scale of this project is a land area that is just a bit smaller than Fallout 3, but more quests and locations than Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC."

Work on this mod started about six months ago with a team of 18 modders, and that team says that the mod will be free. The team plans to release the mod on Bethesda.net for PC, PS4, and Xbox One, but there are no guarantees that it will work on consoles at this time.

There's now word on when Fallout Cascadia might be released, other than a vague reference that, "The expected release is several years away." Of course, if the team can add more members, we might see it sooner. Coincidentally, the mod team is looking to add to its numbers. You can find all the info at the Fallout Cascadia website [http://falloutcascadia.tumblr.com/About].

[gallery=6252]

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
"Several years away?" Then I'm fully prepared to completely forget about it until it makes it's way on some "Best Mods" lists in a few years. See you then.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Several years from now huh?

So basically there is nothing more to this mod then an idea and some screenshots that might aswell be from the vanilla game.

I wish them luck with their project because knowing the modder scene there is tons of what can go wrong in "several years" least of wich is people loosing interest in the game and/or the project. Then theres the thing about bethesdas fallout series having a lot weaker modding community then the elder scrolls, wich would mean less talent overall.

This project seems a bit over ambitious is all im saying...

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Karadalis said:
Several years from now huh?

So basically there is nothing more to this mod then an idea and some screenshots that might aswell be from the vanilla game.

I wish them luck with their project because knowing the modder scene there is tons of what can go wrong in "several years" least of wich is people loosing interest in the game and/or the project. Then theres the thing about bethesdas fallout series having a lot weaker modding community then the elder scrolls, wich would mean less talent overall.

This project seems a bit over ambitious is all im saying...
Of course. I've found that all the really big worthwhile mods and fangames of anything always end up getting abandoned halfway through, and it we're lucky somebody picks it up and finishes it later, but mostly it just ends up amounting to nothing and I find it likely that will happen here.

sanamia

Jul 6, 2013
I'm actually annoyed that this seems to be news on half a dozen gaming sites.

remember back in march 2013 the news about Luftaraan? I'm guessing not...
Well anyway back in March of 2013 PCgamer.com had this little article http://www.pcgamer.com/skyrim-luftahraan-mod/

What's in it? Exactly the same thing as in this Cascadia announcement.
Now what happened with Luftaraan? Oh a month ago it was cancelled, now it's just a side note on a sub-reddit.

But hey they all know the CK apparently even though nobody seems to come forward with what mods they released previously.

Apr 5, 2008
I like that it specifies it will be free, when there's absolutely no way it could be anything else. Anyway, I like the idea but for the years and months until it actually exists, I'm not going to worry about it. I'm still waiting on some grand Skyrim mods like Skywind and Enderal, both years in development with no sign of release anytime soon and Skyrim itself approaching 5 years old.

Phoenix1213

Sep 2, 2009
Smilomaniac said:
ffronw said:
Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC is out now, and it's one of the largest add-ons Bethesda has ever released.
It's not that large. The area might be larger than the ones of the other DLC's, but it's a whole lot of nothing.
Old World Blues and Dead Money were both much larger in the sense of actual content and not just a largely empty swamp with occasional wildlife and raiders. Sorry, "trappers", completely different.
To be fair, the statement would still qualify.... After all Dead Money and Old World Blues were made by Obsidian; depends on how you define "released."

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
Did the GECK come out yet? I somehow have the feeling that we will be waiting until Bethesda is done with the first batch of DLC.

Also, Bethesda.net is a nice way to reimplement that paid-mod garbage. Just saying.

And no, I'm not against paying for mods per se.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Naldan said:
Did the GECK come out yet? I somehow have the feeling that we will be waiting until Bethesda is done with the first batch of DLC.

Also, Bethesda.net is a nice way to reimplement that paid-mod garbage. Just saying.

And no, I'm not against paying for mods per se.
F4 GECK came out in April. The mod devs said it would be free, so if Bethesda.net has mandatory charges, then we might see this mod migrated to Nexus instead.

OT; I want to see a mod (either fan or official) involve the Zeta aliens from F3 - Mothership Zeta.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
Holy shit, some people actually created a mod larger than one of the DLCs? For free? Where can I get my hands on this ... oh, it's nothing but a pipedream at the moment? Wake me up when there's more than grand promises.

Okay, that might be underselling it. I wish them the best of luck with their project, but when the scope of this mod is so large I really don't see why anyone should expect it won't be abandoned within the years of development time.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
Bold claims of making a mod in the future is not really news, i appreciate the fallout coverage, but there is nothing now, and in a month the mod team could fall apart and production of this mod comes to a halt.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Smilomaniac said:
ffronw said:
Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC is out now, and it's one of the largest add-ons Bethesda has ever released.
It's not that large. The area might be larger than the ones of the other DLC's, but it's a whole lot of nothing.
Old World Blues and Dead Money were both much larger in the sense of actual content and not just a largely empty swamp with occasional wildlife and raiders. Sorry, "trappers", completely different.
If I'm going to be honest, that's probably my biggest issue with Fallout 4 overall. It's large and it's beautiful in an irradiated wasteland sort of way, but it also felt very empty since I was having trouble finding quests after a while that weren't "This settlement needs your help!"

Several years is a long time for a mod when there's so much that can cause the project to be discontinued such as the modder losing interest in the project. However, if they complete it and managed to reach their goals then I will gladly welcome it with open arms. More content for Fallout 4 certainly wouldn't hurt at this point.