8 Games We're Looking Forward to at E3 2016

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
8 Games We're Looking Forward to at E3 2016

With E3 closing in, here's a few games to look forward to while we wait for the show to arrive.

Read Full Article

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Judging by previous E3s and game releases 2 will be good, 2 will be mediocre, 3 will be subpar bordering on bad, 1 will be virtually unplayable.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
You know, every year I tell people that E3 is nothing but lies and every year no one listens to me. Seriously, you'd find fewer lies at a political rally!!

crimsonspear4D

Sep 26, 2009
I gotta say, Horizon Zero Dawn and ME: A (because of course) are looking to be my main heart-clenching anticipations. I'm getting really used to playing as female characters and enjoying stories through their experiences, it's nothing special of course, its just... interesting. The reincarnation of Femshep is coming soon my children.

Warhammer looks pretty good too, I think playing XCOM has got me interested to playing different kinds of rts games. I'll admit the Warhammer universe didn't look all that appealing to me, but hopefully this game draws me in to the future franchise.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
No love for The Last Guardian. I mean it has been a while since we saw anything new (no suprised there).

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
I'm happy for ya and all, you've got some games there that you're interested in seeing, but I have to say....I don't share that sentiment. Not a one of those looks even remotely interesting to me, save for maybe Deus Ex and Dishonored.

Still, hope they turn out great for you. Would be a nice chance of pace to get more quality games coming out of E3 than bad ones. Though, I foresee SOOOO much disappointment coming from Battlefield 1[footnote]What a catastrophically stupid name. Holy christ...[/footnote]. Everyone's so caught up on it being built around WWI that they seem to be forgetting that it's a modern-day Battlefield game, made by modern-day DICE, as published by modern-day EA. That's a trifecta of awful omens.

canadamus_prime said:
You know, every year I tell people that E3 is nothing but lies and every year no one listens to me. Seriously, you'd find fewer lies at a political rally!!
Doesn't help that E3 has essentially become almost nothing but a corporate showcase of "here's a misleading vertical slice of a game we have no intention of finishing, fixing, or filling with content. Now pay us money".

Still, I am interested in learning more about Titanfall 2. And, though we'll likely not learn much, I am interested in seeing what the deal is with Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. If what I've heard so far is true, this could be the most interesting and, dare I say it, fun COD in years.

And hey, maybe there's a chance, a monumentally small chance mind you but a chance all the same, that Relic Games will show off some new Hob goodies.

A man can dream.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
For me it's all about that new Zelda. I've got my fingers crossed for a really open-world Zelda...it would be nice to take on dungeons in any-given order like Link to the Past or Link Between Worlds. Other than that, since it was announced for a western release, I'm hoping someone who's there who can show off some Yokai Watch 2 goodness. Other than that, I'm hoping to see some more Star Ocean 5.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Vigormortis said:
canadamus_prime said:
Doesn't help that E3 has essentially become almost nothing but a corporate showcase of "here's a misleading vertical slice of a game we have no intention of finishing, fixing, or filling with content. Now pay us money".

Still, I am interested in learning more about Titanfall 2. And, though we'll likely not learn much, I am interested in seeing what the deal is with Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. If what I've heard so far is true, this could be the most interesting and, dare I say it, fun COD in years.

And hey, maybe there's a chance, a monumentally small chance mind you but a chance all the same, that Relic Games will show off some new Hob goodies.

A man can dream.
I have to wonder how many times we're going to get burned by this nonsense before we finally stop giving into the hype. Before we finally start calling these corporations out on their lies and blatant false advertising BEFORE we get burned, not after. Well until such time I'm going to continue to shout to the Internet that E3 is bullshit and full of lies even though nobody is listening.