140: Mass Effect Saves Humanity - for What?

Abtinx

Nov 6, 2008
That was a bunch of nonsense. It's just a shallow RPG I beat in less than 10 hours and really nothing anyone who plays these types of games hasn't seen before. And the Soviet Union did beat your country in the space race, you have no respect.

Enslave_All_Elves

Mar 31, 2011
Abtinx said:
That was a bunch of nonsense. It's just a shallow RPG I beat in less than 10 hours and really nothing anyone who plays these types of games hasn't seen before. And the Soviet Union did beat your country in the space race, you have no respect.
They got to space first, you're right. We got to the moon (and back) first after starting the space race way behind. We did the harder task starting at a disadvantage. Russia did however remain number one in gulags. Good job Russia.

I have to agree on the article's idea that nothing about the character or actions of the alien races really feels alien at all. I also stopped to look at Earth because who hasn't wanted that view? My issue with the world portrayed in Mass Effect is that more or less everyone is getting along, which is utter bullshit.

I wonder if to some extent our imagined forms of intelligent life are doomed to be like us.