Mirror's Edge Catalyst is Now on EA Access and Origin Access

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Mirror's Edge Catalyst is Now on EA Access and Origin Access

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1326/1326163.jpgYou can try out six hours of Mirror's Edge Catalyst on EA Access and Origin Access now.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst is the latest game to get a Play First Trial on EA Access (Xbox One) and Origin Access (PC). If you're a subscriber to either of these services, you can now play the upcoming open-world title for up to six hours, while experiencing 10 missions over two districts.

The latest game in the Mirror's Edge series explores the history of the main character, Faith, and explains how she goes from a runner to a heroine. Like the original Mirror's Edge, you'll be navigating a stark city in first-person simply by running, jumping, and using various acrobatic moves.

If you play in this free trial, your saves will carry over to the full game once it launches, so you won't have to worry about redoing content.

Both services run $4.99 a month and give you access to a library of games you can play, as well as early trials of upcoming titles and a 10 percent discount on digital purchases. You can learn more about those services, and the Mirror's Edge Catalyst Free Play Trial, over on the game's official website [http://www.mirrorsedge.com/news/try-mirrors-edge-catalyst-early].

[gallery=6263]

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I know this doesn't actually make any sense but I feel like I would never use this service because it would feel like paying the same amount of money for less game. As in, I wouldn't feel right playing 6 hours/10 missions and then paying $60 for the rest. I'd personally prefer a short demo to get a feel for the game. I realize that's not the purpose of this service though. I guess this is for people who just can't wait any longer?

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
JUMBO PALACE said:
I know this doesn't actually make any sense but I feel like I would never use this service because it would feel like paying the same amount of money for less game. As in, I wouldn't feel right playing 6 hours/10 missions and then paying $60 for the rest. I'd personally prefer a short demo to get a feel for the game. I realize that's not the purpose of this service though. I guess this is for people who just can't wait any longer?
Well, it also nets you full versions of a number of digital games, like Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 3, and a bunch of other stuff. I personally wouldn't pay for it because I own most of the game already, but I could see how someone that wanted to check out a lot of those titles could find it worthwhile.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
JUMBO PALACE said:
As well as everything ffronw mentioned, you get a 10% discount on all EA digital products while subscribed. So you aren't paying for the service, then paying for the game. The service reduces the cost of the game to an equal or even better deal, depending on local pricing. More so if you buy other stuff too, I guess.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Oh okay. I didn't know anything about the program. I can see how that would interest some people.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i decided to give it a try just for mirrors edge. yesterday i played for over 4 hours straight and enjoyed it tremendously. at least i can sign off from the early access when ever i want, so no huge loss there. it also gave me a chance to see if they have fixed some of the issues which were in the beta and they are indeed fixed.

only in australia its not really a huge discount.
the game it self costs 90AUD. the early access charges 7AUD. then the 10% discount and you pay 80AUD for the game. how much do i save on it? just 3AUD. not really much, right? but the thing is, i get still a bit more for my money like 2 runners kit, wile when pre ordering from my local store, does have one. also no CE for PC. which still baffles me why they dont do that. for consoles they do sell them.

im still glad i could play earlier before release date and that all my progress will be carried over to the final product. yes, i sound too fanboyish but well, i love the game.