Watch Injustice 2's First Gameplay Trailer

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Watch Injustice 2's First Gameplay Trailer

Supergirl, Black Manta, Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd were some of the new characters revealed in the Injustice 2 trailer.

Injustice 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/injustice%20gods%20among%20us%202?os=%20injustice%20gods%20among%20us%202], the sequel to DC comic book fighter Injustice: Gods Among Us, is coming in 2017. That's still a little ways off, but Warner Bros. and NetherRealm are giving us a peek at the action we can expect with the game's first gameplay trailer. Check it out to the right.

The trailer shows us the kind of gameplay we can expect from the title - which is fairly similar to the hero on villain (or hero) action that we saw in the first game. It also shows off a few new characters that will be joining the sequel: Supergirl, Black Manta, Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd in particular.

These new characters will join the likes of Batman, Superman and The Flash, who was revealed in the game's first cinematic trailer [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX0WA6yIZ7I].

[gallery=6278]

The game will launch on both PS4 and Xbox One some time in 2017.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
-Dear god the armour looks terrible (at least on Superman).

-Supergirl, Gorilla Grodd...gee, I wonder if they're trying to tap into certain recent superhero shows.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
They should have a DLC armour with Grodd wearing Winston from Overwatch since that was the first thing that pop into my mind when I saw Grodd.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Scarim Coral said:
They should have a DLC armour with Grodd wearing Winston from Overwatch since that was the first thing that pop into my mind when I saw Grodd.
Y'know, you're not the only one. Didn't want to bring it up as it seemed like a disingenuous comparison, but, yeah. Couldn't help but see the resemblance.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Not gonna lie, actually looks pretty cool to me. I never really hopped on the first Injustice train (it apparently exploded in characters since the last time I looked at it), but based on first impressions, I might look into this. I mean, Aquaman alone is pretty much a selling wait, wait, wait, who is that? Could it be...?!

It's Ruffles the rage kitty!! Probably way too much to hope he'll be playable. Hope he's at least involved in some of Atrocitus' moves.

Scarim Coral said:
Thank you for explaining that to me. I saw all the comments on the Youtube thread talking about someone named "Winston" in reference to Grodd and couldn't figure out who was being referenced.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Color! It actually has some color in it, that alone makes me happy!

I loved the first game, showing some new characters is also good right off the bat, and Dex-Starr pair up with Atrocitus, awesome!

Just keep the MK characters out of it and we're good.

WinterWyvern said:
In any case, they should've called this game "Injustice, remade for next-gen" instead of "Injustice 2". Don't get me wrong, it looks like it'll be an awesome videogame, but I just wish we'd get new IPs...
It's the second game... I wouldn't exactly say Injustice has been milking it for years and years. We get new Ip's all the time, they just don't usually get as much easily seen excitement as a lot of the ones with established fan bases.

Cuphead, Unravel, Horizon Zero Dawn, No Mans Sky, Quantum Break, The Witness, Slain!, Firewatch, Superhot, The Division, Overwatch, Paragon, Battleborn, Hyper Light Drifter, Mighty No. 9, Darkest Dungeon, Yo-Kai Watch, Dreadnought... The list goes on, some of those are AAA some not so much, but you have to look for them, they are there :)

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
From what I understand, with each victory you have with a specific character you play you will get little by little armor pieces to customize him/her/it.
Very cool idea. I mean, why we need only in FPS and MMO to have this feature? Why not also Fighting games?

Also for that reason it is the first time I am a little more excited for this game. I really love characters inside an good looking armor.
Now my only wish is to see these:

Bring these FREAKING Armors in the game and you have a buyer!!!!!

chozo_hybrid

Jul 15, 2009
SweetShark said:
From what I understand, with each victory you have with a specific character you play you will get little by little armor pieces to customize him/her/it.
Very cool idea. I mean, why we need only in FPS and MMO to have this feature? Why not also Fighting games?

Also for that reason it is the first time I am a little more excited for this game. I really love characters inside an good looking armor.

To each their own, by dear lord I find those play arts DC designs too overdone and hideous. That Batman one looks like they never stopped designing him. But that's Tetsuya Nomura for you I guess.

I do like they idea of the custom armor thing though, could be quite cool.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
chozo_hybrid said:
SweetShark said:

To each their own, by dear lord I find those play arts DC designs too overdone and hideous. That Batman one looks like they never stopped designing him. But that's Tetsuya Nomura for you I guess.

I do like they idea of the custom armor thing though, could be quite cool.
NNooooOOooOOOoooOOO!!!
I like the idea of Over The Top Batman design, because it give me the feeling of Final Boss.
You just look at him and the other players would say:
"Yeah, we are f*cked! He can only use his helmet to stab us to death."

chozo_hybrid

Jul 15, 2009
WinterWyvern said:
All I really REALLY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAALLY want is the Main Man.... I want to admire him in the beauty of next-gen graphics and customizable outfits!!!

He was in the last game as DLC, so there's a chance he'll be in this one I would hope :)

SweetShark said:
That's an interesting thought I guess XD I have just felt Nomura almost always over designs his characters, especially lately.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
WinterWyvern said:
Supergirl looks cute and powerful instead of looking slutty. I actually want to play as her... never thought I would have!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD LOBO IN THE STARTING ROSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In any case, they should've called this game "Injustice, remade for next-gen" instead of "Injustice 2".
Don't get me wrong, it looks like it'll be an awesome videogame, but I just wish we'd get new IPs...
New IPs are overrated. I for one, look forward to Mortal Kombat IIXVVC, and Dynasty Warriors 32.
Though if Netherrealm want to make a Marvel version, Id be down with that, especially after watching Civil War. I know it will not happen cause WB and DC are part of the same corporate family, but still.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Why do i smell microtransactions and many dlc's on the wind? That is really my only gripe with most modern fighting and racing games; they are so easy to slice up for the consumer base, i always get this niggling feeling at the back of the mind that you're never getting your money's worth until the "complete" edition decides to exist, which also serves to keep the price up for a further year if not longer. Other than that, these new MK type fighters are pretty solid fun. Wait...A gorilla?? Don't throw a child in there, whatever you do...that's a cheap insta-kill!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Hawki said:
-Supergirl, Gorilla Grodd...gee, I wonder if they're trying to tap into certain recent superhero shows.
Grodd was in the background of a level or two in the previous game (Like Martian Manhunter) so I consider his place in the roster to be genuine, not just because he's in...Flash? If they are putting in TV-recognizable characters though than I'm gonna go ahead and cross my fingers for Vandal Savage, Firestorm and, Jonah Hex. That armor is still kinda hideous though...

---

So yeah with Grodd in I can't exactly troll WB's twitter anymore...about Grodd. Now I get to focus on being an asshole about Ultra Humanite and Titano the Super Ape. Even if they're not in though, it looks like Blue Beetle may get in by virtue of popularity and if he makes it in than there's hope for his super best friend Booster Gold to make it in...unless the Blue Beetle Boon is referring to is Jaime Reyes which I guess it almost certainly is...Man I hope this game has a more complete Titans line up than the last game. I also hope there aren't any Mortal Kombat characters added in down the line.

teamcharlie

Jan 22, 2013
No PC release=middle finger. Not to say there won't ever be one, but given Warner Brothers' track record with PC ports lately, I'm suspicious that they're done with the platform for now. Which is a damn shame, because Netherrealm Studios makes some very solid games.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Oh God, they're actually going to go through with loot system with this power armor bullshit. Fucking hell Boon.

Gearran

Oct 19, 2007
Well, color me surprised. I wasn't aware that the first Injustice had done well enough to warrant a sequel. Still, they certainly look like they've put some thought into this. Being able to upgrade your personal roster over time is a very interesting concept - particularly for a fighting game - and I look forward to seeing just where they go with that. I'm always interested to see different design concepts show up for superhero characters. I'm definitely glad to see some color in the roster (as others have mentioned), since some of the games out there for a while were "studies in shades of grey/brown." To be fair, a lot of the DC roster are more colorful than Mardi Gras, but I could see where they could botch that.

Long story short, surprise surprise, this looks like something to keep an eye on.