Monolith Soft is Helping With the Development of The Legend Zelda: Breath Of The Wild

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Monolith Soft is Helping With the Development of The Legend Zelda: Breath Of The Wild

The Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild is being developed by over 100 people, including some from Monolith Soft.

In an interview with Game Informer [http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/06/20/monolith-is-helping-work-on-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.aspx], Zelda legend Shigeru Miyamoto revealed that a team of over 100 people are working on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and some of them hail from Xenoblade studio Monolith Soft.

"Yes they are involved in this Zelda. People from Tokyo and Kyoto are working together on this," Miyamoto said. "There is a team of over 100 helping work on this project, and their work has really been helpful."

This isn't necessarily a big surprise: Breath of the Wild is massive, both for the Zelda franchise and overall. The large area accessible during the demo at E3 represented about 1% of the game's overall explorable area, according to Nintendo representatives, and Monolith isn't exactly a stranger to larger-scale games.

Speaking of the E3 demo, I got hands-on with it and was blown away. You can read my impressions here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/17112-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Preview#&gid=gallery_6296&pid=1].

[gallery=6301]

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
The Xenoblade games were both pretty amazing in my opinion. Nintendo doesn't do open world games, so I feel that this will be good for Nintendo. I actually wouldn't trust Nintendo at this point to be able to do it right without help.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I guess if we can't have a third Baten Kaitos game, this is probably the next best thing.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So...Link will find the Monado and use the Triforce to wish for a new world where the golden goddesses have no sway?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Hawki said:
So...Link will find the Monado and use the Triforce to wish for a new world where the golden goddesses have no sway?
Ha, what if Shulk found the Master Sword? Well it probably won't be as useful as the Monodo due to no future sight power.

OT- Not suprising given to the new open world feature which Monolith has been good at.