Mighty No. 9's Launch Delayed "For Several Days" on Three Platforms

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Mighty No. 9's Launch Delayed "For Several Days" on Three Platforms

The Xbox 360, Mac, and Linux Steam builds of the game are also expected "within a few days," while gamers with PSN codes run into redemption issues.

Mighty No. 9 released today, although it ran into some last minute issues on a few platforms. The discovery of a bug during final testing has led to the delay of the Xbox 360 launch of Mighty No. 9, the Kickstarter-funded spiritual successor to Mega Man, "for several days," Comcept revealed in a blog post today [http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20160621]. According to the post, the version has already been resubmitted to Deep Silver and Microsoft and, assuming "all goes according to plan" during the certification, will hopefully be available in the coming days.

In addition, the Mac and Linux Steam builds are currently in final testing, and Comcept says that they, too, should be ready in a few days. Meanwhile, portable versions for PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS will follow at a later point, as was previously announced.

Keys have started rolling out to backers, with priority given to those in North America and Asia (as the game isn't set to officially release worldwide until the 24th). The post acknowledges issues with gamers' PSN codes - which was confirmed in the comment sections for both the blog and the Kickstarter update [https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/1609534]. Further, several commenters are reporting receiving codes for the incorrect platform. We have reached out for comment, and will update on this should we receive a reply.

In other news [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167773-Inafune-Says-Mighty-No-9-is-Better-than-Nothing], creator Keiji Inafune and other Comcept team members held a livestream counting down to the launch where Inafune said that "even if it's not perfect, it's better than nothing."

DemomanHusband

Sep 17, 2014
Reviews are pouring in, and Mighty Number 9 is proving itself to be exactly as much of a trainwreck as it was predicted to be. I'd say it's a shame, but after all the graphical downgrades, fanbase mocking, community abusing horseshit Comcept has done, they've earned this failure.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
When do we get to unleash the Yahtzee hound? There are a limitless pool of jokes to jump into and i haven't managed a big hearty laugh since my last placenta pancake killing.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Xsjadoblayde said:
When do we get to unleash the Yahtzee hound? There are a limitless pool of jokes to jump into and i haven't managed a big hearty laugh since my last placenta pancake killing.
It'll probably take 2-3 weeks for it to hit, unless Yahtzee is currently not ahead a week or two in his reviewing schedule, also dependant on how many other games he wants to get to first. It'll be next week at minimum, because it takes monday and tuesday for him to write the review, do the record, and then make the video.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Another delay, eh?

It's better than nothing, right?

I really hope he has a clue into how irritated he's making the backers and people that were looking forward to playing this. I think he's banking too much on people's nostalgia since this keeps happening.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Xsjadoblayde said:
Yahtzee doesn't usually like criticizing games everyone wants him to criticize. He'd probably give it a fair shake, or praise it just to mock us : P

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Kibeth41 said:
A trainwreck implies that the game is abysmal. It's not. It's around average, teetering on below average.
In other words, not really different from the typical quality of most Megaman games. Mighty No. 9 was definitely a trainwreck from the development standpoint, nobody can argue that.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Fox12 said:
Yahtzee doesn't usually like criticizing games everyone wants him to criticize. He'd probably give it a fair shake, or praise it just to mock us : P
If it's any consolation, it doesn't matter to me whether he likes or dislikes the game, it's the circumstances around this game that are ripe for a hefty harvest down joke orchard. I must sustain my fading heart with humour! And my own does nothing!. ;)

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
It'll probably take 2-3 weeks for it to hit, unless Yahtzee is currently not ahead a week or two in his reviewing schedule, also dependant on how many other games he wants to get to first. It'll be next week at minimum, because it takes monday and tuesday for him to write the review, do the record, and then make the video.
Dark dark times indeed. Oh well, is expected and there is probably some other humour to be found meanwhile, maybe growing under the kitchen sink or something.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Yeeeeees.

I was hoping it'd get one last bout of problems before it finally fully released.

Not that I have anything against the game; the general gameplay looks fun enough to me, actually, and I'm not even really a fan of Mega Man. The production of it has just been absolutely glorious to watch, for all the wrong reasons.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Right. It's official. There is no longer any doubt.

Keiji Inafune has done it. He has succeeded. He has provided us with a jaw-dropping epic that will be remembered for generations to come.

We just need to accept that the source of the entertainment is, in fact, records of the production rather than the actual finished product.