Bethesda Extends Free Doom Demo

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Bethesda Extends Free Doom Demo

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1331/1331199.jpgThe free Doom demo that was announced for E3 week has been extended.

During its E3 press conference last week, Bethesda announced that it was offering up a free demo of their latest shooter, Doom. Originally, that demo was supposed to be available only during E3 week, but Bethesda has now extended that demo.

In a post on Twitter [https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/744945547526701056], the company said, "Due to popular demand, we're extending the #DOOM Demo!" The demo includes the entire first level of the single-player campaign.

Bethesda hasn't said how long they plan to keep the demo available, so if you haven't gotten to try the game yet, you should grab it as soon as you can. After all, this link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/17062-Doom-Review-Nostalgia-for-the-Present].

[gallery=6303]

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Wow... a free demo, its so generous of them not to charge for a demo.

Ugh, the game is great, why they hell are they pulling this weirdness?

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Matthew Lynch said:
Not to sound like a troll but...they're handing out a free demo for a game thats already released?
That is how it ussually works. If they handed it before the game released, it would be a beta.

OT: The demo is ok, but didn't completely sold me on the game. For a 6GB demo, I expected something more than the first (short) couple chapters.

Thurston

Nov 1, 2007
See if it actually works on your rig before you drop real money.

See if, and by how much, you fiddle with your graphic settings before it's enjoyable.

See if you enjoy the game before you pay.

Give some encouragement to those on the fence about buying. It's a decent move.

Sewa_Yunga

I love this highway!
Nov 21, 2011
hermes said:
For a 6GB demo, I expected something more than the first (short) couple chapters.
To be fair, amazing graphics need amazing amounts of disk space.

OT: Until now, I didn't even know that DOOM had a demo. I guess Bethesda really wanted it to feel old-school.

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
When I heard it was released, I was looking for a demo and couldn't find one. While I'm happy that they're offering a demo so I can see if it's worth buying, I'm disappointed that it's still a limited time offer.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
I bought and played this game before the demo was released (gave in to nostalgia and the need to murder demons), and I really love the game. With that in mind: fuck Bethesda for the insulting idea of a limited time demo.

Demos should be a standard again, like in the days of the original Doom, in which the shareware model allowed people to play a decent portion of a game (a third in the case of Doom). They're not doing us a favor by releasing a demo - they're doing a favor do themselves. How greedy can you be to not even let people try the first level of your game for free.

It really is a good game, but it looks like Bethesda are actively trying to ruin people's opinion about it. First it was the review embargo (no reviews until after release) and now this.