Activision Details Ghostbusters Bundle, Includes Game and Movie

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Activision Details Ghostbusters Bundle, Includes Game and Movie

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1331/1331271.jpg

Activision's Ghostbusters Ultimate Bundle will include a digital copy of the upcoming reboot.

Back in April, Activision announced a brand new Ghostbusters game [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167178-New-Ghostbusters-Game-from-Activision-Confirmed#&gid=gallery_6148&pid=1], to be released on July 12 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Although the game will be set in the same universe as the upcoming Ghostbusters reboot, the third-person action RPG is set to take place after the events of the movie, featuring an entirely new cast of characters.

"As rookie Ghostbusters, players can level up their characters' gear and abilities by tackling objectives, defeating ghastly creatures and discovering hidden collectibles in Manhattan's most haunted haunts," Activision previously revealed. "There are four heroes to choose from, and each has his or her own unique personality and play style, bringing special strengths to support the team."

The standalone game will cost $49.99, but there will also be an Ultimate Bundle for $64.99, which will include a digital copy of the upcoming Ghostbusters reboot, to be delivered "at a future date." See what's included below:

The new standalone Ghostbusters video game.
DLC featuring four classic character suits and a bonus trap based on art from the original film.
A code for a digital copy of the new Ghostbusters movie to be delivered at a future date.
Two special dashboard themes, one based on the movie and another inspired by the game.

It's worth mentioning that the DLC mentioned above will also be given to people who preorder the standalone version of the game digitally.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Looks like the game is going to do diversity better than the movie. Also I guess the guy from Firewatch got a new job.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
The hell is with the MASSSIVE gatling gun? It is actually as big as he is. It makes the heavies guns look reasonable. Cloud thinks he's over compensating for something. Not to mention, why a gatling gun in ghost busters? Are they just checking a box? ugh -_-

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Ukomba said:
Are they just checking a box? ugh -_-
-Activision
-Licensed property
-No notable info about the game

The answer to your question seems a little obvious to me.

Apr 17, 2009
Oh hey TF2's Heavy grew his hair out and got a new job!

Seriously though, the hell is that minigun even for? Surely it would a terrible idea since one of the big rules about Ghostbuster weaponry is to not cross the streams, so shooting multiple streams from a single gun with a spinning barrel sounds like a recipe or disaster

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
My biggest issue is it'll probably be some cut and paste shooter and while I hope that isn't the case, there is one character who seems to be holding a gatling gun and I don't think that's how a proton pack is supposed to work.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Oh hey a ginger duder that isn't a bad guy! That's nice i guess. Though if he just turns out to be easily angered, i'll just have to accept that they are intentionally trying to agitate me personally to fulfil this firey prophecy of destruction that rages within. There is no info on this game, are they hoping to sell on brand recognition alone? "Hey guys, wanna preorder based on just a title cover?? We know you people can be right suckas and might as well try our luck, eh? Come onnn..." I gots a bad bad feeling about this little secret.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Huh. This is actually genius. A deluxe edition preorder that actively punishes anyone who partakes in it. Like a mark of shame or something.

Also, gotta love how Proton packs are literally just guns now, that can come in any of the regular gun flavors. Can't wait for the sniper and shotgun proton packs to be revealed too. Maybe even a Ghostbuster Sword, dare we dream?

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
They must really be tripping balls to charge 50 bucks for a movie based game.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I love how they manage to put every single game into their little class based idea. Look... A GATTLING PROTON PACK!! WHAT!?!?!?!?!

It just doesn't make sense.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Ukomba said:
The hell is with the MASSSIVE gatling gun?
Busting makes you feel good, apparently.

Given the hate for the reboot movie, I am genuinely curious to see how many copies of the Ultimate version will sell.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
EyeReaper said:
Maybe even a Ghostbuster Sword, dare we dream?
I would throw all of my money at Kotick and suck his dick*WHOOPSDIDIJUSTSAYTHATOUTLOUD* to make this happen.

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
Erm am I wrong or is that trap not from the original movie unless I squint. Again I could be wrong but comparing pictures it could just be the stylisation making it look different and I'm being nit picky (I need a second opinion).

Also the game will do more for gender diversity purely for the fact it's not a single gender team and as long as they keep any gender arguments out of things with the attitude of they are a ghostbuster who just so happens to be a man/woman instead of look it's a man/woman and they are a ghostbuster. Admittedly that's looking at the box art only and all the characters could be horrible stereotypes.

Finally agreement on the gatling gun the only use I can see for it is if you have to take on multiple Gozers or if I'm tired of living and want to take a significant part of the universe with me.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Frostbyte666 said:
Also the game will do more for gender diversity purely for the fact it's not a single gender team and as long as they keep any gender arguments out of things with the attitude of they are a ghostbuster who just so happens to be a man/woman instead of look it's a man/woman and they are a ghostbuster.
You mean like how the Extreme Ghostbusters was handled in the 90's?