Cooperative Multiplayer Coming to Halo 5: Guardians June 29 with Warzone Firefight

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Cooperative Multiplayer Coming to Halo 5: Guardians June 29 with Warzone Firefight

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1331/1331878.jpg343 Industries is adding a new cooperative multiplayer mode to Halo 5: Guardians next week.

The biggest free content update yet for Halo 5: Guardians is scheduled to release next week on June 29. It will add the new Warzone Firefight cooperative multiplayer mode, as well as new bosses and vehicles.

Also included in this update is the Score Attack mode, which will let players compete against their friends for high scores and medals in the game's campaign. There will also be three new maps:Attack on Sanctum for Warzone, Prospect for Warzone Assault, and Molten, a new arena map. Forge mode will also get a new canvas called Tidal.

Finally, there are a number of new REQ items in this update as well, including new Cinder and Cyclops armor sets, new weapon skins, new Covenant vehicle and weapon variants, and more.

If you want to see what the new update is all about, Microsoft will be streaming the new content on the Halo Twitch channel [https://www.twitch.tv/halo] June 28 at 5 PM ET.

If you don't own Halo 5 yet, you can download and play the game free from June 29 to July 5, and if you like what you see, you can buy the game for half-price during the same time period.

[gallery=6307]

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Looks awesome, but still doesn't make up for there being a definite lack of content at launch, along with missing several basic features which definitely hurt the game in the long run.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I played Halo: Reach for like...ever. Halo 5 I keep forgetting is a thing.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
It confuses me to know end to see articles about things launching in Halo 5 since I could have SWORN Halo 5 launched and was hated last year, if not 2014. It still baffles me that Halo 5 was the first one to ditch split-screen campaign co-op but even if that was added in today I don't see myself running out to pick up this installment. I still remember hating Halo 4.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Let me guess. They're gonna force you to be online to play it just like they ****ing did for Forge. Oh, and I bet this will be "free" as, like Forge, it will also need a Gold sub. And how much can you customize this thing? Or did they decide again that Custom Games options are too much for our simple little minds?

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Arnoxthe1 said:
Let me guess. They're gonna force you to be online to play it just like they ****ing did for Forge. Oh, and I bet this will be "free" as, like Forge, it will also need a Gold sub. And how much can you customize this thing? Or did they decide again that Custom Games options are too much for our simple little minds?
It's cooperative multiplayer. That means you play it online, and that requires Gold.

Ed James

Apr 2, 2010
Arnoxthe1 said:
Let me guess. They're gonna force you to be online to play it just like they ****ing did for Forge. Oh, and I bet this will be "free" as, like Forge, it will also need a Gold sub. And how much can you customise this thing? Or did they decide again that Custom Games options are too much for our simple little minds?
It's designed for 12 players, lone wolfing is just untenable. It's a multiplayer game type, not a custom game, you'd need to be online to play with friends regardless. Play Reach if you want single player firefight.

Playlist firefight in Reach was better than custom anyway, because you got more for doing it.

Mar 30, 2010
Hey, it's a free update, I won't complain about it. I'm not as into the 343 Halos like I was into Reach, but extra content is never a bad thing. We got Infection mode a few weeks ago (although it still needs major balancing tweaks) and it's good to see the imminent return of Firefight.

So ... yeah. Good news, I guess.

Ed James

Apr 2, 2010
They need to make a social game section for grifball BtB and infection. Infection kills my win loss, KDA and acurracy

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
NLS said:
It's cooperative multiplayer. That means you play it online, and that requires Gold.
They could have and should have made it local.

NLS said:
It's designed for 12 players, lone wolfing is just untenable. It's a multiplayer game type, not a custom game, you'd need to be online to play with friends regardless. Play Reach if you want single player firefight.

Playlist firefight in Reach was better than custom anyway, because you got more for doing it.
If it's untenable, it's because they decided it to be that way. And furthermore, this separation between multiplayer game types and local game types never existed in any of the Halo's. Whatever you could play online, you could play local. NOW, having said that, 12 player Firefight on a huge map does sound kind of intensive to host. That doesn't mean however that they could not have implemented SOME form of local Firefight either way. This effing Xbox is supposed to be 8 times more powerful than a 360.

TL;DR - Bungie built this in a cave!!! With a box of scraps!!!!

And you telling me to just play Reach if I want local Firefight is like Don Mattrick telling me to go out and get a 360 if I don't always want to be online. And for the record, I've already played Reach Firefight to death. And customized it to death too.

Ed James

Apr 2, 2010
You have valid points sir, they chose to have firefight with REQ, and thus chose it to be online only, and some sort of custom game war zone would be a holy grail, but there's probably some decision that was made early on as to why they can't do it easily; maybe in Halo 6, they're very close eith the community, so here's to offline forge and local MP in the next one!

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Ed James said:
they're very close with the community
No they're not. They really really aren't. Or at least someone isn't. I don't know if it's Microsoft or 343 that's doing all this bullshit. I did use to be a supporter of 343. I was, right up until they screwed us with Halo 5.