Skullgirls Comes to Mobile and iOS

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Skullgirls Comes to Mobile and iOS

Indie fighting game Skullgirls is making its way to a smartphone near you.

Skullgirls [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/skullgirls?os=%20skullgirls], the indie fighter from Lab Zero Games, is making its way to mobile platforms. The Android and iOS version of the 2012 game will be more than just a port, incorporating deck-building mechanics featuring dozens of collectible fighter variations and tactical, turn-based elements.

"The mobile version of Skullgirls is designed to tell complimentary stories to the console game in 'seasons,' with the game's first season acting as a prequel to the Console game. The mobile game includes a deep character collection featuring dozens of characters and special moves to collect and upgrade - from Parasite Weave Filia to Epic Sax Big Band," said the developer.

The port will be handled by Hidden Variable Studios - the team behind Tic Tactics and Threes.

"I've always been a huge fan of Skullgirls, so the opportunity to bring this amazing cast of characters and unique fighting mechanics to mobile has been a labor of love for all of us over the past two years," said Charley Price, co-founder and creative director at Hidden Variable Studios, in a release. "I think hardcore fans of the console game will really love the way we've captured the essence of fighting gameplay in a simpler, mobile-friendly package, whereas more casual fans will be able to enjoy an awesome accessible experience that explores new stories set in the Skullgirlsuniverse."

Source: Lab Zero Games [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nga3jYloM-s]

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
I was wondering how on earth they would turn one of the most technical fighters onto a phone. Well, it's an interesting concept, and I might pick it up to give it a go and support the devs, but I have my reservations. Certainly not an idea I would have thought of.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Dr. Crawver said:
I was wondering how on earth they would turn one of the most technical fighters onto a phone. Well, it's an interesting concept, and I might pick it up to give it a go and support the devs, but I have my reservations. Certainly not an idea I would have thought of.
Yeah I am wondering how to played it without the convientional button or joysticks? Is it like button area on the screen or something more simpify like a tab or something?

OT- While I do want to support them (especially it doesn't look like a freeium) but my mobile phone is too small nor do I have a tablet. Maybe I can get my bro to give it a go but in saying so he get so uptight toward skimpy dress girls like Ryoko from Kill La Kill.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Dr. Crawver said:
Yeah I am wondering how to played it without the convientional button or joysticks? Is it like button area on the screen or something more simpify like a tab or something?

OT- While I do want to support them (especially it doesn't look like a freeium) but my mobile phone is too small nor do I have a tablet. Maybe I can get my bro to give it a go but in saying so he get so uptight toward skimpy dress girls like Ryoko from Kill La Kill.
From what I can gather, you "build" pre determined combos from what you get in packs. It's an interesting idea. we shall see. Also it's definitely freemium. Don't know how you can't see that at all.