You Can Now Get the Original Splinter Cell Free For 30 Days

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
You Can Now Get the Original Splinter Cell Free For 30 Days

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1336/1336130.jpgUbisoft is giving the original Splinter Cell away free on PC for 30 days.

To celebrate its 30th anniversary, Ubisoft is giving away some of its classic PC games for free on Uplay. Each game is offered free for 30 days, and is then replaced with a new offer. This began during E3 last month with Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, and continues this month with the original Splinter Cell.

Released in 2002 for PC and Xbox, and later for PS2 and GameCube, Splinter Cell broke new ground in the stealth genre with some of the best lighting effects seen at that time. It also spawned a series that runs to this day, with the most recent entry in the series being 2013's Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

There's no word yet on what game Ubisoft will choose to give away next month, but for now you should just make sure that you don't miss out on getting this one free. The only downside is that you have to go through Uplay.

Grab your free copy over at the Ubi 30 site [https://club.ubi.com/#!/en-US/ubi30].

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
I wish more Ubisoft games like Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, The first 2 Brothers in Arms, and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic were on GOG.com.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Nurb said:
AWESOME! I loved that ga--

"Uplay"

Fuck
It's Ubisoft, you didn't think there would no strings attached now did you?

Given the price of older PC DVD games (bugger all) if won't be that hard to get if you really want it DRM free.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
Nurb said:
AWESOME! I loved that ga--

"Uplay"

Fuck
It's Ubisoft, you didn't think there would no strings attached now did you?

Given the price of older PC DVD games (bugger all) if won't be that hard to get if you really want it DRM free.
I'm pretty sure the original Splinter Cell is on GoG...yup! So free on UPlay, or $10 on GoG. Ups and downs for both.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
It's probably just me... but that title sounds like you get the game for 30 days and then you lose it to me. But... now I can't think of a possible way to word it that it doesn't sound that way.

I think it's because the words "consumer friendly" don't come to mind when I hear Ubisoft.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
lol, well, shame i have it already on steam and even the retail version, which for some reason will not run properly. but steam does.

i guess ubi gets some credit regardless for giving a game for free. uplay or not, still way better than this terrible LIVE that really doesnt work at all.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Baresark said:
It's probably just me... but that title sounds like you get the game for 30 days and then you lose it to me. But... now I can't think of a possible way to word it that it doesn't sound that way.

I think it's because the words "consumer friendly" don't come to mind when I hear Ubisoft.
Its not. They did the same for Sands of Time last month and I still have it in my library.

Edit for clarity: It's free and clear (besides Uplay) for 30 days then a new game goes free and you don't lose the previous month's game.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Baresark said:

Its not. They did the same for Sands of Time last month and I still have it in my library.

Edit for clarity: It's free and clear (besides Uplay) for 30 days then a new game goes free and you don't lose the previous month's game.
I realize that. I just can't read that title without it thinking that is what it means. I probably would have gone with "Splinter Cell is free on UPlay".

List

Sep 29, 2013
Looks to me like they're doing the "on the house" thing that EA's been doing to get people to move to their platform. First few are good games. Then...

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
"Free on Uplay"

Nope, I can't be having with that shit. That price is entirely unreasonably high. Like, "Train Simulator with all DLC" high.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I'll pass, thanks. Though I'm curious about trying it (never played a single game in the series), resorting to Uplay is not in my itinerary. Hell, I felt dirty making an Origin account just to get titles like The Sims 2 and Red Alert 2 when they were "on the house."