Demon Hunter Early Access Will Begin August 9 for World of Warcraft: Legion Pre-Purchasers

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Demon Hunter Early Access Will Begin August 9 for World of Warcraft: Legion Pre-Purchasers

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1339/1339758.jpg
The Demon Hunter Class is coming a little earlier than expected to those who have pre-purchased the World of Warcraft: Legion expansion.

If you've been chomping at the bit to get your hands on World of Warcraft's new Demon Hunter class, your wait just got a bit shorter. When the Legion pre-patch landed a couple of weeks back, Blizzard was estimating [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167955-World-of-Warcraft-Legion-Pre-Patch-Lands-Tuesday-Brings-Big-Changes] that the Demon Hunter class would be available on August 17. Today, they've revised that, and we'll be getting it over a week earlier.

As you can see from the tweet below, you can expect to start seeing Demon Hunters in the game on August 9. The class will only be available on that date to those who have pre-purchased Legion, but it will be available to anyone who owns the expansion and has at least one level 70 character on their account once it launches. That level 70 requirement might sound onerous, but remember that you get a free level 100 boost when you buy Legion, so you can meet that requirement right away.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/759098394086211585]

World of Warcraft: Legion launches on August 30, but the pre-patch with all the major changes is already in the game. You can find more info on that right here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167955-World-of-Warcraft-Legion-Pre-Patch-Lands-Tuesday-Brings-Big-Changes].

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Weren't blizzard talking about a demon hunter class like 7 years ago? How did it take so long?

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
This is lame, what about those that are for sure buying it, but waiting for the physical collectors box?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I'm excited, but I am not entirely sure how much I am going to enjoy DH's. I wasn't in Beta, but Fury seems really odd with the new changes (mostly due to Furious Slash), and I have heard similar complaints about a few other melee specs. Then there's the issue of me really enjoying DH but needing to go ranged for my guild since everyone these days is melee >.>

Broderick

May 25, 2010
Worgen said:
Weren't blizzard talking about a demon hunter class like 7 years ago? How did it take so long?
I believe fans were talking about it, but I dont think Blizzard themselves ever really publicly talked about it(I could be mistaken). I still play WoW now and then, but the addition of the Demon Hunter, as cool as it is, seems about a decade too late. I remember people wanted to play a Demon Hunter as early as Vanilla, especially during Burning Crusade.

Still though, everything about this upcoming expansion(sans randomised pvp gear rewards) seems to change the game for the better, almost a complete 180 to the design of Warlords of Draenor.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Just an FYI: the level 70 requirement is PER SERVER. You'll need a pre-existing character at 70 on each server you want to make a Demon Hunter.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Broderick said:
Worgen said:
I believe fans were talking about it, but I dont think Blizzard themselves ever really publicly talked about it(I could be mistaken). I still play WoW now and then, but the addition of the Demon Hunter, as cool as it is, seems about a decade too late. I remember people wanted to play a Demon Hunter as early as Vanilla, especially during Burning Crusade.

Still though, everything about this upcoming expansion(sans randomised pvp gear rewards) seems to change the game for the better, almost a complete 180 to the design of Warlords of Draenor.

Take it from me as a fan of this franchise I disliked WOD by concept alone. (Time Travel?!)

I was only excited for it because it was the first time I got back into WOW since TBC, and fully playing WOW because back in the day I was not that into the gameplay because I was young and ignorant of it.

But damn I picked the wrong time to resub into WOW with WOD ended up. (Even though I did join at the tail end up Mist of Pandaria doing the Siege of Orgrimmar raid)

But I have been following Legion like a Hawk and I swear almost everything about it is what I want from a WOW xpac. I have not been excited for one since well Wrath of the Lich King.

InflatableHippo

Feb 13, 2016
Country
usa
not getting my hopes up some class specs are just straight up not finished, took abilitys out and put them on the talent tree and claimed button pruning, rotations consist of 4 buttons at most with 1-2 3min CD, a RNNG diablo style legendary gear drop system with which some are the most broken to the most useless (you can only equip ONE piece at a time btw) and be expected to grind your ass off getting artifact fragments that can only be used on ONE of your leg weapons so if u have to grind it even more if u want to switch to another spec

Zaydin

Mar 2, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
Just an FYI: the level 70 requirement is PER SERVER. You'll need a pre-existing character at 70 on each server you want to make a Demon Hunter.
Just roll a DK on whatever server you want to play on and you can hit level 70 without much issue.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
So now we get to finally answer the age old question:

Who's more of a magnet for the Edge Lords: DK's or DH's?

Seriously...why is it nearly every DK I come across has an Edge Lord name? The other night I had the honor of having Grimreaper tank my random dungeon. I bet he got his jollies off when he managed to snag that name before anyone else.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
...see, I'm conflicted about this. On one hand, I might be able to actually play my Demon Hunter and enjoy it before the Expansion Rush that results in me running through an area with 400 other jackasses trying to kill a singular boar. I honestly take two weeks off before jumping into new expansions just so I'm not trying to compete with literally everyone for quest targets.

On the other hand, odds are enough people have pre-ordered this that there's going to be 400 other jackasses hanging around the DH starting zone anyway. I dunno, I'll see how many people are standing around the log-in zone on like... the 11th or something. I don't want to repeat what happened with the Death Knight where I'd jump into a raid group to stand around poking Mograine while everyone waited for shit to respawn.

Fappy said:
I'm excited, but I am not entirely sure how much I am going to enjoy DH's. I wasn't in Beta, but Fury seems really odd with the new changes (mostly due to Furious Slash), and I have heard similar complaints about a few other melee specs. Then there's the issue of me really enjoying DH but needing to go ranged for my guild since everyone these days is melee >.>
Ehhh, Fury isn't... that bad. I think it's because everyone keeps using Furious Slash too much when it's really just a filler spell between Bloodthirsts and Raging Blows. Rampage is underpowered as hell though, which is... weird given it's role. Free Whirlwinds are nice at least. Wish the talents were better, god damn...

On the upside, there might be a few more melee spaces in raids after everyone abandons Ret Paladin - poor bastards didn't take the pre-patch that well with the whole 'getting out-damaged by Prot' thing. I know Blizzard said that everything at the moment is balanced around the artifacts we don't have, but jesus, the Ashbringer better bring some mighty dps boosts. Or at least make the rotation a little less clunky.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Wrex Brogan said:
...see, I'm conflicted about this. On one hand, I might be able to actually play my Demon Hunter and enjoy it before the Expansion Rush that results in me running through an area with 400 other jackasses trying to kill a singular boar. I honestly take two weeks off before jumping into new expansions just so I'm not trying to compete with literally everyone for quest targets.
Regarding this particular point, with the pre-patch they've made it so that each mob is taggable by up to five separate people without having to be grouped up.

I wasn't in the Legion beta so I couldn't tell you how well it plays out with the new content but for leveling through old zones it's a godsend.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
InflatableHippo said:
not getting my hopes up some class specs are just straight up not finished, took abilitys out and put them on the talent tree and claimed button pruning, rotations consist of 4 buttons at most with 1-2 3min CD, a RNNG diablo style legendary gear drop system with which some are the most broken to the most useless (you can only equip ONE piece at a time btw) and be expected to grind your ass off getting artifact fragments that can only be used on ONE of your leg weapons so if u have to grind it even more if u want to switch to another spec
1) Technically nothing's ever truly finished in a game like WoW.
2) Yes there have been a lot of abilities removes or turned into talents, and a lot of whining about it, but consider the following: the game's almost twelve years old at this point, some players want a more casual experience and some want to mimmax cooldowns and have fifteen active abilities, which is why the talents are generally choices between passive effects and active abilities.
3) As the expansion progresses you'll be able to equip more legendaries at any one time.
4) Yes your artefact power acquisition isn't accountwide - you'll actually have to play the character you want to get more powerful. At least until the (system that I can't remember the name of) kicks in that increases artefact power gain on alts and offspecs. Also, scribes (if not other professions) can make relics now so I imagine that's part of that particular design philosophy, since glyphs won't be bought as much with the overhauled glyph system.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Zaydin said:
Loop Stricken said:
Just roll a DK on whatever server you want to play on and you can hit level 70 without much issue.
You're figuratively preaching to the choir.

pyrojam321moo

Mar 28, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
4) Yes your artefact power acquisition isn't accountwide - you'll actually have to play the character you want to get more powerful. At least until the (system that I can't remember the name of) kicks in that increases artefact power gain on alts and offspecs. Also, scribes (if not other professions) can make relics now so I imagine that's part of that particular design philosophy, since glyphs won't be bought as much with the overhauled glyph system.
Artifact Knowledge is what you're thinking of. It's a work order system, per toon (so not alt-wide) where you use class hall order resources to get boosts on how much artifact power you get from MOST items. Quest items are NOT affected, but world quests, order hall missions, dungeon rewards, and random drops are. You can queue up two artifact knowledge orders at once; they estimated they'd take a week at the start of the expansion and drop in length as the expansion goes on, so there's that. And I think the maximum stacks is 22. But, yeah, you're gonna have to queue these up on an alt-by-alt basis if you want them to kick in for leveling their weapons. It does affect all specs on a character, though, so there's that. Also fills out a neat lore book every second one you get.

Also, each profession crafts it's own relics, different ones for different profs. Inscription's major money-maker will be the talent-changing items (especially the group tome) and vantus runes, giving a weekly buff of 1000 versatility to people during specific boss fights.