All Remaining One Night in Karazhan Cards Revealed

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
All Remaining One Night in Karazhan Cards Revealed

Blizzard has revealed all of the remaining One Night in Karazhan cards during a special live-stream event.

Well this is a bit of a surprise! Rather than continuing to slow-roll us with card reveals like it usually does, Blizzard has gone ahead and revealed all of the remaining One Night in Karazhan [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168102-Hearthstone-One-Night-in-Karazhan-Cards#&gid=gallery_6377&pid=1] cards during a special livestream event. Huzzah!

Check out all of the remaining cards below:

[gallery=6382]

If you missed the previous reveals, you can check them out here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168102-Hearthstone-One-Night-in-Karazhan-Cards#&gid=gallery_6377&pid=1]. Let us know your thoughts on the cards in the comments. Still waiting on those "Cool Rogue Weapons™" Blizzard promised us when it nerfed the crap out of Blade Flurry...

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Arcane Anomaly, Maelstrom Portal, Spirit Claws, Avian Watcher, Silvermoon Portal, Onyx Bishop, Ironforge Portal, Arcanosmith seem fine. Nothing spectacular, just alright. These are the cards that get their job done, are reasonably priced and you won't hate getting them in arena or something, but aren't likely to be major gamechangers.

Atiesh sounds like Value City, which means Medivh is likely to see play...

Zoobot is a but unclear in its wording. Does it buff one of each? Same for Menagerie Magician. But I doubt the Dragon-Beast-Murloc deck will be a thing so these will likely not see much play.

Swashburglar will likely be a new staple 1-drop.

Medivh's Valet is pretty solid. Cheap direct damage is always good.

Silverware Golem is crap.

Arcane Giant sounds like a Miracle Rogue's wet dream...

Cloaked Huntress arguably sounds better than she really is. Something about that card just feels bad...

Wicked Witchdoctor would only really work in a VERY dedicated Totem deck.

Nightbane Templar is good value if you can meet the criteria. 4-5 of stats for 3 is something I'd be happy to drop down.

Deadly fork sounds good, but it might be a bit slow. Also, it's unclear how much the weapon costs to actually cast.

Menagerie Warden is sweet. End of story.

Moat Luker is the card that people will keep using in the wrong manner, but is actually really good.

Cat Trick is Bear Trap all over again. You get a mediocre 3-drop for 2 mana instead. Make of that what you will.

Violet Illusionist could see a home in weapon decks. Otherwise, meh.

Priest of the Feast is crap. If it was a neutral card, maaaaaybe, but Priest has much better healing available.

Pantry spider seems like the new Zoo darling.

Purify looks good on paper, but is likely a bit too situational.

Runic Egg is likely intended to work with resummoning shenannigans, but it just seems too fiddly for a bit of card draw...

---------

Overall, the set doesn't seem too strong. Normally I wouldn't mind that, but after the power creep that was the Old Gods, I was hoping for something to break the monotony of C'Thun decks...

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Okay here we go
let's see what this party will offer...

Flamelands portal -Dear God! this card will be amazing in arena (because mage really needs more amazing cards for that mode/s). I think it will also see its way into stranded.

Enchanted Raven -Some people have call this power creep but I'm not sure it will be that useful. I think living roots is a much better 1 drop in most cases. don't get me wrong I think it will find it's place I just don't think it's an auto include.

Ivory Knight-Not sure about this one, on one hand I love playing what I like to call "Fuck you I'm healing" Paladin but I'm not sure if this will fit into that deck type. Tuskarr Jouster just seems like the better choice and that card isn't really played.

Ethereal Peddler- when I first looked at this I didn't think it was that good but looking at it more it could be okay. It's a pit fighter with a cool ability. I can see some rouges playing this.

The Curator I can not call this one. On one hand drawing 3 cards is pretty damn good, one the other hand I can't see the beast, dragon and Murloc meta happening.

Barnes A lot of people are calling this card bad but maybe it can be okay, maybe. If you have a deck with a lot of good death-rattle decks or or active at the end of your turn cards it could be okay but I really don't see this being played.

Kindly Grandmother- I think this card is really good and sadly may bring face hunter back to broken levels.

kara kazham: A must have in arena like Silver Hand Knight but also like the knight it won't really see constructive play.

Prince malchezaar: I feel like it would have been better as a battlecry than a start of the game. Having 5 9 mana cards at the beginning isn't a good Idea. I still think it would be played just because yog is still played.

Protect the king: I think this card is a lot better than people think especially against agrro decks.

pompous thespian: somewhere Frostwolf Grunt is crying

Babbling book: okay in arena but no where else. mana wyrm and mirror image is so much better.

Moroes: A lot of people say this card is bad but I don't think so, this can be a good priest card. put down this, power word shield it and than you get 1/1 for the rest of the game.

Book Wyrm:if your playing a dragon deck this card is really good, the fact you can choose and it can kill 3 attack minions can make all the differents.

Malchezaar's Imp: stop trying to make discard decks a thing blizzard, please.

Zoobot: same thing with The Curater, this card is awesome if murloc, dragon and beast become a thing but I doubt it.

Silverware Golem: What did I just say blizzard?

Medivh, the Guardian: Seems really great but it maybe too slow.

Arcane Anomaly: I can see this card being a ***** mage in deck but it won't be to bad.

Swashburgle: great card for especially in arena

Maelstrom Portal: can be great against agrro but I don't think shaman need a tool like this.

Medivh's Valet: great card for constructed and Arena

Spirit Claws: a good weapon if you can get spell damage down but I'm not sure how well you can.

Arcane Giant this card is amazing in the right deck like Miracle Rogue or yog mage.

Avian Watcher: Yay more fuel for secret decks my favorite :(. Anyway this seems like a solid card.

Cloaked Huntress: I think I found the broken card for this expansion. maybe it wouldn't be broken if it was a 3/2 but you could potentially play 5 secret on turn 3.

Wicked Witchdoctor: it could be okay not sure how good it will be if it can just summon basic ones.

Nightbane Templar: good card but I don't think dragon decks needed a boost.

Silvermoon Portal: okay in arena not sure about constructed

Onyx Bishop: not bad, not great neither.

Deadly fork: to slow in constructed but good for arena

Menagerie Warden: if beast druid becomes a thing than this card is great if not meh.

Moat Luker: I feel it's to much mana for it's effect

Cat trick: dear god another great secret card and I just realized I maybe running Eater of Secret's in some of my decks now.

Violet Illusionist: Warriors and Rogues will love this card.

Menagerie magician: I think it will see play in dragon decks.

Ironforge Portal like Silvermoon Portal okay in arena not sure about constructed.

Priest of the feast: will not see play, to slow and underpowered.

Arcanosmith: will also not see play.

Pantry spider: I can see it in zoo.

Runic egg: This card just bad but at least it's not...

Purify: I give you one of the worst cards every. I don't even know what to say to this. why wouldn't I just not use silence, one card is not worth 2 mana. okay blizzard let me do your job. 2/3 2 mana battlecry: silence a minion, there I did your job and fixed Priest.

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
tf2godz said:
Okay here we go

Purify: I give you one of the worst cards every. I don't even know what to say to this. why wouldn't I just not use silence, one card is not worth 2 mana. okay blizzard let me do your job. 2/3 2 mana battlecry: silence a minion, there I did your job and fixed Priest.
Yeah, Purify doesn't look very good at all. Sure, it let's you run Ancient Watcher and Eerie Statue, and shut down things like Corruption, Blessing of Wisdom or Power Word: Glory... but all of these are terribly situational, and the card draw does not compensate for the cost. It really should be 1, maybe even 0 Mana rather than 2.

Edit: also, the wording on Wicked Witchdoctor makes me wonder if it'll just drop Flametongue's all the time.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
tf2godz said:
Okay here we go

Arcane Anomaly: I can see this card being a ***** mage in deck but it won't be to bad.
It can work, Boneguard Lieutenant is one of my favorite cards but it's so slow. Don't even like Mage but I look forward to it.
Swashburgle: great card for especially in arena
I think I'm going to juggle back and forth between this one, it's a great effect, but it doesn't really have any presence or threat like Huckster, also I doubt it'll be able to have better voicelines. It might make Pirate rogue a thing again though. Could be interesting.

Medivh's Valet: great card for constructed and Arena
Gotta buff Freeze mage somehow don't they?

Avian Watcher: Yay more fuel for secret decks my favorite :(. Anyway this seems like a solid card.
Yeah, they just got rid of Secret Paladin and were talking about how much they hated it being a thing, so they decide to add nothing but Secret buffs, don't quite get the Hearthstone team.

Cloaked Huntress: I think I found the broken card for this expansion. maybe it wouldn't be broken if it was a 3/2 but you could potentially play 5 secret on turn 3.
Problem is that outside of Freezing and Explosive, it's not worth it to put Secrets in a Hunter deck at the moment if they make it in to begin with. Cat Trick might make the cut since CotW is the cornerstone card of every Hunter deck right now, but even then, I'm going go to see this as more of a niche fun deck more than anything actually competitive.
Nightbane Templar: good card but I don't think dragon decks needed a boost.
Probably a band-aid for when Blackrock is going to Wild in a few months more than anything. Also a bit of a Muster replacement.

Silvermoon Portal: okay in arena not sure about constructed
It might work in a token Pally deck. And there's alot of Paladin cards that have sorta subpar stats, so this could help, also just imagine a Lightlord buffed with this one. 8 is pretty easy to get rid of for the majority of classes, 10 that can attack and heal is pretty damn difficult to get rid of.
Onyx Bishop: not bad, not great neither.
To be fair, it's a Resurrect that gives a guaranteed decent body on the board. I'd say it'd be pretty good if you're running Kvaldir's.

Moat Luker: I feel it's to much mana for it's effect
Dust Cheap Neutral Huhuran, It's gonna see play in N'Zoth decks. Also works as a Kidnapper replacement and if it has a negative battlecry, the resummon could be really bad for an opponent.
Ironforge Portal like Silvermoon Portal okay in arena not sure about constructed.
Fatigue warrior might run one of these I think, 4 drops have decent stats and the armor isn't something to ignore, Shield block gives one more and doesn't guarantee a board the next turn with a card draw.

Yeah, Priest is just getting shafted I think. These cards are just too expensive with Standard being a thing now for them to see play.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Chareater said:
I think I speak for everyone when I say...

RIP Priest
Good riddance, I say.

People have wanted Priest to be good for a long time, but I'm not sure the community knows what they're asking for. They want a class who specializes in stealing your cards and undoing your damage, a class that excels at making you want to tear your hair out even when you win, to be strong.

Blizzard is smart enough to realize this. This is why Priest has been so bad for so long: because Blizzard knows what will happen if Priest becomes popular.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
SlumlordThanatos said:
Chareater said:

RIP Priest
Good riddance, I say.

People have wanted Priest to be good for a long time, but I'm not sure the community knows what they're asking for. They want a class who specializes in stealing your cards and undoing your damage, a class that excels at making you want to tear your hair out even when you win, to be strong.

Blizzard is smart enough to realize this. This is why Priest has been so bad for so long: because Blizzard knows what will happen if Priest becomes popular.
The thing is, they keep giving Priest those cards and then refusing to rework the class. They said two years ago they weren't happy with how Priest turned out and were looking to change it, and it's been crickets since.

People are fine with classes being weak, but the distance between Priest and even Paladin is astronomical at the moment. It's a fully reactive class in a game that was created around being proactive.

InflatableHippo

Feb 13, 2016
Country
usa
Chareater said:

RIP Priest
i still dont have any idea as to why purify is limited to your minions only

also disolock will never EVER be viable so long as you the player are unable to choose which card is discarded

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
InflatableHippo said:
Chareater said:

RIP Priest
i still dont have any idea as to why purify is limited to your minions only

also disolock will never EVER be viable so long as you the player are unable to choose which card is discarded
Basically to have a gimmick and so they can say they didn't ignore Priest. Fat Friar's alright but he's sorta expensive for how late into the game you get him, Vendor's still probably a better card, and it barely sees play outside of certain archetypes.

rodneyy

humm odd
Sep 10, 2008
Kibeth41 said:
Moat Lurker is okay, but spending 8 mana to destroy a minion and get a 3/3 is a terrible deal.
i dont think its ment as hostile removal, its better used to trigger deathrattle cards or take out a powerfull card that is about to die and then run the moat lurker into something the turn after and have it resummoned as new.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Power word: Shield, 1 mana, give a minion +2 health and draw a card.
Purify: 2 mana, silence your own minion, draw a card.

Soooo... does Blizzard think that silencing your own minion is better than giving it 2 health? Because according to this card, silencing your own minion costs 1 more mana than giving it 2 extra health.

Few good cards, fewer great cards, nothing really amazing. Quite a few idiotic moves (yeah, great job Blizzard, please give Warrior more cards to clear the board for almost no cost, that will surely improve the current meta). All in all, a rather disappointing adventure.

Priest stays dead and Blizzard still didn't show us all the creative freedom for Rogue weapons they got by ruining Blade Flurry. Instead of giving Rogue some good weapon, they made it into a burglar lol so randumb class. Because getting a random class card from a random enemy is certainly going to make the class better.

Chareater

Aug 12, 2010
SlumlordThanatos said:
Good riddance, I say.

I agreed with you, when priest was popular and you couldn't play any big minions because they would just get stolen that was just anti-fun.

However I would like to see priest get a new identity and drop this mind control stuff, maybe a master healer type of priest.