Dead Rising Series Remasters Releasing in September

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Dead Rising Series Remasters Releasing in September

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1341/1341710.jpgCapcom has confirmed that the remastered versions of Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2, and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record will release next month.

The first two Dead Rising Games are headed to current-gen consoles, and the original game is coming to PC for the first time next month.

The three games - Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2, and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record - will be available digitally (through Steam, PSN, and Xbox Store) on September 13. You can buy them individually for $19.99, or as a pack for $59.49 (you can get this down to $49.99 if you pre-order). Retail discs will be available, but only in North America. For the physical release, Dead Rising will hit on Sept. 13, with Dead Rising 2 following on Sept. 27.

If you're wondering why only the original Dead Rising is slated for Steam, it's because the other two titles are already available on that platform. Dead Rising turns 10 this year.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Not bad. Now, if I would only be allowed to BUY any of them here in Germany (or even OWN in case of "Off the Record"), that would make things even better.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
The original coming to PC? Heck yeah I'm excited, I loved that game though it taught me to hate time limits. The other games did it a bit better where you had the sandbox mode to level up all you want and then take those skills to the story mode.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
The last part made me giggle due to the original announcement topic.

SirSullymore said:
40 bux aint a bad price for the first two, don't really care about OTR.
Why? I liked OTR way more than 2, since I liked having Frank continue his journey, liked his interactions, especially with Rebecca, and felt it made more sense. Sure its not canon, but I really liked the new spin on 2.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Does this include a fix for the guns in Dead Rising 1, because holy shit did that aiming suck.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Saelune said:

SirSullymore said:
Why? I liked OTR way more than 2, since I liked having Frank continue his journey, liked his interactions, especially with Rebecca, and felt it made more sense. Sure its not canon, but I really liked the new spin on 2.
Well, the second game had "Case: West" as expansion that added him back as playable character while also continuing the story of both games (sadly, only for XBox)

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Bindal said:
Saelune said:

SirSullymore said:
Well, the second game had "Case: West" as expansion that added him back as playable character while also continuing the story of both games (sadly, only for XBox)
I know he was still around, but I was expecting DR2 to be Frank and Isabella trying to stop Carlito's orphan plan.

By the time DR3 came around, I thought they gave up. I was happily wrong.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
Bindal said:
Not bad. Now, if I would only be allowed to BUY any of them here in Germany (or even OWN in case of "Off the Record"), that would make things even better.
I got them all on Steam. I can't remember the hassle I went through, though. I think it was as easy as buying a foreign key from a shady site.

Yes, as easy. To non-Germans: There are even worse methods sometimes required to get a game or a certain version here.

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
Saelune said:

SirSullymore said:
*Shrugs* I like Chuck Greene (though his cameo in OTR was cool). Plus it made much more sense why the bosses were attacking Chuck, Franks pre-fight cutscenes felt a little off to me.

I'm not against OTR, just that I'm only gonna buy it or 2 and I like 2 more.