Promised Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition Has a Release Date, Includes Every Bit of DLC

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Promised Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition Has a Release Date, Includes Every Bit of DLC

There's a complete edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt coming later this month, and it's got all of the DLC included.

In news that will surprise no one, there's a Complete Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt coming at the end of the month. The listing popped up on Amazon [https://www.amazon.com/Witcher-Wild-Hunt-Complete-Xbox-One/dp/B01K6010LG/] this morning, and has been subsequently confirmed by CD Projekt in a press release.

This version of the game will include The Witcher 3 and all of the DLC that's been released to date. CD Projekt confirmed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167869-Witcher-3-GOTY-Edition-Confirmed-by-CD-Projekt-Red] that a Game of the Year Edition of Witcher 3 was coming, and this looks to be it.

This is a great chance for those who haven't played the game that won our Game of the Year award for 2015 - from both the readers [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165693-The-Escapists-2015-Game-of-the-Year] - to give it a try.

If the release date on Amazon is accurate, you'll be able to dive into Geralt's final adventure on August 30 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One, and do it for only $49.99.

[gallery=6394]

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
This is what I've been waiting for, so even if it was expected and pretty much a given, it's still nice to see it dated.

...of course, I still want to replay Witcher 2 before starting 3, so I won't be Witchering in 3 for a veritable age.

I wonder if all the content is actually on disc, or whether it's another digital pass system again? Gaming really is 'always on', and has been for years, but I'd still prefer an install off disc as opposed to an absurd amount of gigs to DL.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Darth Rosenberg said:
I wonder if all the content is actually on disc, or whether it's another digital pass system again? Gaming really is 'always on', and has been for years, but I'd still prefer an install off disc as opposed to an absurd amount of gigs to DL.
That's a good question, since all the DLCs and expansions are digital download. But the TW2:EE had all the patches and whatnot on disc, so we can hope.

And I guess the game can be activated on GOG or Steam of your chosing (like the expansions), or only on GOG? The retail stores around me says GOG only, but I'll wait for more info.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
I only just started the second DLC, having taken my time beating the base game and the first DLC, well, that and dividing my time up with other games. I may get a complete edition for console for others to play while I oogle at the sheer contrast of Blood & Wine. It's just so much brighter and more vibrant than the main game.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
yep, thats what i was waiting for. this version should be fixed as well and i can enjoy the entire lot at once. didnt expect it that early but to know. i have to ask my local store if they sell it. its going to be a big download otherwise and im limited.