Harley Quinn and Deadshot to Appear in Injustice 2

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Harley Quinn and Deadshot to Appear in Injustice 2

Two of Suicide Squad's most prominent members will be making an appearance in Injustice 2.

NetherRealm and Warner Bros. Interactive have announced that two top Suicide Squad members will be joining the Injustice 2 roster - Harley Quinn and Deadshot. This will mark a return for Quinn, but will serve as Deadshot's first playable appearance. You can check out the pair in action in the attached trailer.

Injustice 2 is the follow-up to Injustice: Gods Among Us, and every battle in the upcoming game rewards players with gear to customize their characters' appearance, strength, fight style, and moves.

The Suicide Squad movie released on August 5, and despite the negative reviews the film has received (a record-breaking opening [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/reviews/cinemarter/17175-Suicide-Squad-2016-Comic-Book-Movie-Review#&gid=gallery_6379&pid=1].

Injustice 2 is slated to release for PS4 and Xbox One in 2017, and as soon as we have something more specific than the year it's set to release, we'll be sure to let you know.

[gallery=6411]

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
Why are people so adverse to making Harley Quinn look like a frigging Harlequin!? Granted the hat in pic 8 is a step in the right direction, but she still looks more like a club goer than anything.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Metalix Knightmare said:
Why are people so adverse to making Harley Quinn look like a frigging Harlequin!? Granted the hat in pic 8 is a step in the right direction, but she still looks more like a club goer than anything.
I agree. If they want to go for sexy but crazy, the Harley from Arkham Knight's is pretty hot. Hotter than her usual Arkham looks anyway.

<spoiler=NSFW if your coworkers are total prudes>http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/arkhamcity/images/9/9f/Jocelyn-jocz-zeller-harleyquinn-dlc-fullbody-unreal.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150726153906

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
Well I mean the big shtick of this game is the customizable outfits, you guys don't like her look, change it.

Anyway, though predictable, I'm happy about Deadshot, who I assume is replacing Deathstroke.

bdeamon

Mar 20, 2013
What! No Slipknot? He was the best part of the Suicide Squad. I bet they are just saving him for a big DLC reveal after the game gets going, just like how he jumpstarted the crew's energy and inspired them right before the climax of the movie.

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
Kibeth41 said:
bdeamon said:
What! No Slipknot? He was the best part of the Suicide Squad. I bet they are just saving him for a big DLC reveal after the game gets going, just like how he jumpstarted the crew's energy and inspired them right before the climax of the movie.
I've not seen the movie yet. But from what I hear, Slipknot is essentially to Suicide Squad what KGBeast was to Assault on Arkham.

As in, a useless character with pretty much no special powers or even exceptional abilities... Who is in the movie for about 30 seconds.
Yup, that's the joke.

Kibeth41 said:
SirSullymore said:
Anyway, though predictable, I'm happy about Deadshot, who I assume is replacing Deathstroke.
Which is a shame, because personally I always feel like "the nemesis of the Teen Titans" has always been a way better and more interesting character than "Green Arrow, but with guns: now born and raised in West Philadelphia"
Eh, never cared for Teen Titans, big fan of Suicide Squad and Secret Six though.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Kibeth41 said:
bdeamon said:
I've not seen the movie yet. But from what I hear, Slipknot is essentially to Suicide Squad what KGBeast was to Assault on Arkham.

As in, a useless character with pretty much no special powers or even exceptional abilities... Who is in the movie for about 30 seconds.
That is a recurring joke in Suicide Squad. Give the party one or two really obscure (bordering on made-up) characters they can dispatch really early on to prove the risks are for real. Think of him like the red shirt cadet that always went down with Kirk and Spock to explore "that dangerous and unfamiliar planet where anyone could get killed".

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
So I don't know what is cannon regarding Harley any more. And I realize that Injustice is parallel universe stuff. Would somebody please confirm for me her status in the current DC comic universe:
1. She is done with the Joker after he tried to kill her (poison?)?
2. Poison Ivy saved her with some plant-based cure?
3. She now has heightened strength and some invulnerability thanks to the "super serum"?
4. She is still effectively "crazy"?

I rolled my eyes a lot during the Suicide Squad movie. It seemed to me that your standard soldier would do better at taking out crystal zombies with a rifle than a crazy girl in shorty shorts with a baseball bat. But, if she has mild super strength & resilience, maybe I'd roll my eyes with reduced frequency.