More New Pokemon Sun and Moon Pokemon Revealed

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
More New Pokemon Sun and Moon Pokemon Revealed

Crabrawler, Sandygast, Palossand and Stufful are the newest Pokemon to be revealed for Sun and Moon.

Just the other day we were introduced to the Turtonator [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168200-Pokemon-Sun-and-Moons-Newest-Monster-is-Turtonator], a brand-new Pokemon coming in November's Pokemon Sun and Moon, and today The Pokemon Company has given us a look at four more. Check out Crabrawler, Sandygast, Palossand and Stufful in the trailer to the right.

As you can see, Crabrawler is a Fighting-type crab Pokemon, that bears a somewhat uncanny resemblance to previously revealed Bewear [http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/punchout/images/1/19/Glass_Joe2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090414183704].

Be sure to check out our special Alolan variants of existing Pokemon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/pokemon+sun+and+moon].

[gallery=6422]

Pokemon Sun and Moon launches on 3DS in Japan and North America on November 18, followed by Europe on November 23.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
A sand castle. Not a ghostly sand creature, a shitty sand castle a child would make.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
The crab is the only passable one. The sand castles are simply the wurst while das pink panda just feels painfully tired and uninspired.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
That crab looks like I should play mega man again.

Denamic said:
A sand castle. Not a ghostly sand creature, a shitty sand castle a child would make.
it eats other pokemon and converts their souls to more sand castles

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
My biggest problem with the sandcastle is that it's ability is going to be fucking atrocious, unless there's a 'Don't take super-effective damage from water type attacks' rolled in with it. Sure, might be useful against Aqua Jetters, but given that people run Aqua Jet on rain teams where special attacks are abundant or use Orb/Choice Azumarill, good luck even seeing those defensive boosts come into play anyway. Given Ghost conveys no defensive benefits to Ground either (just ask Golurk how well it can take a punch)... yeah, not really feeling like Sand Compaction is gonna get a lot of good use.

Ah well, at least it'll find a good home on my 'Team that pisses off the Genwunners the Most' alongside Garbordor and Chandelure.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Wrex Brogan said:
Ah well, at least it'll find a good home on my 'Team that pisses off the Genwunners the Most' alongside Garbordor and Chandelure.
I adore that you have a team like that. Does it also include Vanilluxe?

OT: Stufful is adorable. I am a fan of these new ones. Love the Genwunner bitching about the sandcastles, too, they're so predictable.

Orga777

Jan 2, 2008
TizzytheTormentor said:
Great, now I have to choose between spooky Pikachu wannabe and the spooky sandcastle.

Also boxing crab, do want, although I am choosing Popplio so I doubt I will have it on my team.
Both those Ghost Types are fantastic.

And the Crabrawler is just a fighting type surprisingly, and not water/fighting. So there is no reason to not have it on your team with Popplio. lol

Wrex Brogan said:
My biggest problem with the sandcastle is that it's ability is going to be fucking atrocious, unless there's a 'Don't take super-effective damage from water type attacks' rolled in with it. Sure, might be useful against Aqua Jetters, but given that people run Aqua Jet on rain teams where special attacks are abundant or use Orb/Choice Azumarill, good luck even seeing those defensive boosts come into play anyway. Given Ghost conveys no defensive benefits to Ground either (just ask Golurk how well it can take a punch)... yeah, not really feeling like Sand Compaction is gonna get a lot of good use.

Well, I have to assume that Palossand will be significantly bulkier than Golurk's pretty mediocre defenses, and maybe it will get a hidden Ability like Water Absorb or something. That would be cool.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Gen 5 came after Gen 4, the former worst Gen. Maybe Gen 8 will be even better than Gen 5 and 1 combined, based on how shitty Gen 7 is shaping out to be....*tries to not lose all faith in Pok?mon*

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I hoping Crabawler would be similar to Clauncher. I liked Clauncher when I first saw it and it was the sole reason on getting X which paid of with Clawitzer!

I'm not too keen on the sandcastle Pokemon which I guess is the new Trubbish/ Garbator and the same with the pre Beawar (does it got a label up its ass?).

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
None of those pokemon can match up to the original. Like electrode, so original.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Bernzz said:
Wrex Brogan said:
I adore that you have a team like that. Does it also include Vanilluxe?

OT: Stufful is adorable. I am a fan of these new ones. Love the Genwunner bitching about the sandcastles, too, they're so predictable.
Of course, there's always room for that delicious ************. It and Klingklang are key members of the party, it just wouldn't piss genwunners off without 'em.

Orga777 said:
Wrex Brogan said:

Well, I have to assume that Palossand will be significantly bulkier than Golurk's pretty mediocre defenses, and maybe it will get a hidden Ability like Water Absorb or something. That would be cool.
See, Water Absorb is at least a good ability since it's a straight immunity to one of Ground's most prominent weaknesses and works with both physical and special attacks. Ability based on being hit by a super effective attack that only raises physical defense? It just... doesn't work. Unless Palossand is packing defensive stats that'd make Blissey blush it's not going to survive 2 hits from a super effective hit anyway, and special attackers don't give a shit about it's ability to begin with.

Like, I'm still gonna use the sandy bastard and I hope it's got good enough stats so it'd be a welcome spin-blocker on a sand team, but damn, could it have used... literally any other ability. Except maybe Anger Point, that's just rehashing the same problems.

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
Worgen said:
None of those pokemon can match up to the original. Like electrode, so original.
Considering that Voltorb and Electrode were the Pokemon equivalent of the mimic chest, yeah, they were pretty original.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Could I make a suggestion? Could you stop putting the new pokemon in header images?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I initially scoffed at the sand castle Pokemon until I read that it was a ghost type and realized that we're essentially talking about haunted sand which is pretty cool.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
Great, now I have to choose between spooky Pikachu wannabe and the spooky sandcastle.

Also boxing crab, do want, although I am choosing Popplio so I doubt I will have it on my team.
It's not a water type, it's a fighting type.

So far my team looks like Rowlet/Salandit/Crabrawler. Might use Pallosand, maybe not. Hoping for a good water to fill a slot and then maybe some good steel or rock action.

Orga777

Jan 2, 2008
Wrex Brogan said:
Considering that Voltorb and Electrode were the Pokemon equivalent of the mimic chest, yeah, they were pretty original.
A ball with a face isn't original, no matter the context. Considering Gen 5 gave us Amoonguss, which is infinitely more interesting in both thought AND as a mimic chest, well... Voltorb and Electrode are old hat.

Saelune said:
Gen 5 came after Gen 4, the former worst Gen. Maybe Gen 8 will be even better than Gen 5 and 1 combined, based on how shitty Gen 7 is shaping out to be....*tries to not lose all faith in Pok?mon*
Gen 5 has some of the coolest designed pokemon in the entire series. Sure not everything is good (ice cream cone...) but no generation is perfect. But Gen 5 has a VERY high rate of awesome pokemon. Hydreigon, Excadrill, Terrakion, Krookodile, Kyurem, Darmanitan... I could go on and on. Gen 5 is great.