New Divinity: Original Sin II Trailer Announces Steam Early Access in September

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Divinity: Original Sin II Trailer Announces Steam Early Access in September

Divinity: Original Sin II is headed to Steam Early Access, and there's a new trailer accompanying the announcement.

The sequel to Larian Studios' highly regarded Divinity: Original Sin was successfully funded on Kickstarter in September of last year. Today, Larian announced that Divinity: Original Sin II will be coming to Steam Early Access on September 15 of this year.

The Early Access version of the game will include the origin stories of four characters, with more being added as time passes. You can also use the new character creator with five of the game's races.

Divinity: Original Sin II will feature four-player co-op and competitive questing in a world created by both the writers at Larian and Wasteland 2 and Neverwinter Nights creator Chris Avellone. The official blurb on the game reads,

"In a world where the Gods are dead, you play a wielder of forbidden magic, quarantined in the prison colony of Fort Joy. The Magisters of the Divine Order want to "cure" you of your powers. But, the Order has secrets of its own. Secrets that threaten everyone. If the world remains godless, chaos will rule. It's time for a new Divinity."

[gallery=6426]

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well im ahppy its one step closer to release.

Not so happy that id jump on Early Access though.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
If you backed the funding campaign, you get access to it automatically, no?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Good to know, but a few things that I hope they address (keep in mind, this is from the PS4 version):

Fix co op. If you play in a friend's game, you are nothing more than hired muscle. You don't get any trophies, and any progress you make in your friend's game does not carry over to your game. It's pointless really.

Fix dialogue for co op: there were times when I had no idea what was going on, or my friend had no idea, because we couldn't hear the NPC talking, and all we saw were the dialogue choices on how to respond. We didn't even know what we were responding to.

Adjust the pacing of the game: the opening of Original Sin turns a lot of people off. It is a slog to get through because you get a fight on the beach, and then the town. And more town. And even MORE town. Town town town. I appreciate the need to build the world, but sweet holy syrup, the opening of the game is akin to The Old Forest in the Fellowship of the Ring: It just keeps going, with very little action and lots of dialogue.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I found the first one boring as shit. There was just so much to do, all of it tedious and aimless and no real clear goal or plot, other than its a fantasy game and we got super important fantasy game things to do.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Sniper Team 4 said:
Fix dialogue for co op: there were times when I had no idea what was going on, or my friend had no idea, because we couldn't hear the NPC talking, and all we saw were the dialogue choices on how to respond. We didn't even know what we were responding to.
There is an eavesdrop option to see co-op dialogue.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Silentpony said:
I found the first one boring as shit. There was just so much to do, all of it tedious and aimless and no real clear goal or plot, other than its a fantasy game and we got super important fantasy game things to do.
I am slowly playing through Enchanced Edition of it, and while I agree that this is basically fantasy game about fantasy stuff, I also want to say that the game knows that and doesn't try to proove that it is the best thing ever. It is just an ordinary fantasy world with ordinary plot, but it is servicable. Plus, it has a rather enjoyable combat and enough genre self-awareness to laugh at itself and fantasy genre in general.

Overall, while fantasy setting is not my favourite one, the game is still enjoyable enough to play through it once. Though I doubt that I'll buy game number Two.

P.S. You know what is actually infuriating about DOS? This goddamn dialogue Rock-Paper-Scissors game. Oh Lord Almighty is it boring and tedious. They could make it so that the outcome of a conversation depends on a set statistic, like in, for example, Fallout New Vegas, or based on percentage/chance, like in Fallout 3. Or they could make it all based on a coin toss, if they are so worried about co-op play quest decisions. But nooooooooooooo, we are fucking Larian, we are whimsical, we can't do stuff that is done by others. We simply MUST do something owiginal (w is intended), convinience be damned!

westcoast1313

Aug 31, 2009
Loved the first game. Fun, witty, nice combat synergy between the classes. I played it from start to finish on CO OP with a friend and we enjoyed every second of it. Looking forward to the full release to continue our adventures.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
OMG it looks so nice. Everyone hold onto your butts for [HEADING=1]Neverwinter Nights 3![/HEADING]