The Division DLC Delayed to Address "Lingering Issues"

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
The Division DLC Delayed to Address "Lingering Issues"

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/917/917599.jpg

Ubisoft delays the launches of Survival and Last Stand in order to "strengthen the core experience before adding new content."

Ubisoft announced today that The Division's upcoming expansions, Survival and Last Stand, have been delayed. The announcement was made in a blog post [http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:174-264585-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32], and acknowledged the "lingering issues" the game has. Survival will release on a "later date this year," while Last Stand will come out in early 2017.

"This new schedule will not only enable us to strengthen the core experience before adding new content, but also continuously improve it by allowing for more production time to ensure the quality of future updates as well," the post reads.

Ubisoft is currently working on a new update, 1.4, which will tackle the game's "most pressing issues." You can see an outline of what will be focused on in that update below:

Fixing bugs, including those listed in our Known Issues as well as many other ones
Making loot drops more relevant to the player
Enemy difficulty and time to kill
Gear Sets and weapons balancing
Solo player experience
Dark Zone and PvP balancing
Quality of life additions based on community suggestions (such as weapon skins no longer taking inventory space)

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
"Lingering Issues" including "no one's playing this game anymore."

Hey-oooohhhhh!

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
...oh yeah, the Division is still a thing. Huh. Good that they're finally addressing some of the problems in it like the loot, balance, weaponry, bugs, meat-shield enemies, stupid design choices... the... the list goes on, but good to see they're actually trying to fix some of those things finally.

Now, whether or not anyone actually still plays this thing to benefit from those changes, that's another thing entirely...

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
008Zulu said:
So basically, it's a soft reboot of the game is what they are saying?
Yup. This is literally going to be The Division 2.0 if they change everything they said they will.
weirdee said:
wow, did they really make skins an actual inventory item
Yes, yes they did. It's not that bad as you can have about a 64 slot invent I think (Haven't touched it properly in a few weeks so I can't recall) but it's kinda annoying as I like to have a lot of invent space free in a loot based game and having 6 to 7 skins taking up slots 6 or 7 slots for loot I want.

Viper114

Dec 3, 2008
Too little, too late. I was a fan of this game when it did the two betas, and then when it came out in March. But when that first major patch hit and introduced the first Incursion, everything went downhill from there. Incursions are long and boring, enemies hit too hard and take too much damage, Dark Zone screwed everything up by introducing the "cutting the rope" mechanic, the DLC being exclusive to Xbox One and PC for a whole 30 months is beyond stupid, Cheaters run rampant and unchecked, Exploiters got away with getting everything they needed while those who didn't got left behind, the Kick from Group option is abused to hell and back by elitists...I could go on but I don't feel like it.

The fact of the matter is, this game has gone from being my most exciting and promising game of the year, and has crashed into my most hated game of the year. I'm glad I got rid of it a few months ago.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I might return to the game if they do a soft reboot. I like the game but ran out of people to play with.
Not to say matchmaking isn't there. It's got a good core of people but I never completed any of their 'raids'.