Ubisoft Reveals a Remastered Version of Rocksmith 2014 Coming October 4

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Ubisoft Reveals a Remastered Version of Rocksmith 2014 Coming October 4

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1345/1345472.jpgRocksmith 2014 is coming back in a new remastered version with expanded practice tools and over 50 songs on-disc.

If you always wanted to get in on the music video game genre, but you didn't want to use a goofy plastic instrument, then Rocksmith was the game for you. It used real instruments, and many people used the game to learn to play guitar or bass.

Ubisoft announced today that the guitar-training game will be remastered for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. If you already own the game, you'll get all the new changes in a free patch that will be available on October 4, just like the retail version. There will be six bonus downloadable songs that will be free for new players, and available for purchase to existing owners. Those six songs are:

Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Three Little Birds"
Elvis Presley - "Suspicious Minds"
FUN. - "Some Nights"
Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back"
Outkast - "Hey Ya!"
Train - "Drops of Jupiter"

The remastered version will add updated menus, more stat tracking, a customizable learning curve, and expanded practice tools. You can get a look at the full feature set and all the information on the remaster at the official Rocksmith site [http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-us/remastered/index.aspx].

Rocksmith 2014 Remastered will be available on October 4, 2016 for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Mac.

Nov 28, 2007
Really? The game not only just came out a couple of years ago, but was ALREADY available on all of those consoles. This is officially the most pointless remastering ever.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
thebobmaster said:
Really? The game not only just came out a couple of years ago, but was ALREADY available on all of those consoles. This is officially the most pointless remastering ever.
Ubisoft announced today that the guitar-training game will be remastered for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. If you already own the game, you'll get all the new changes in a free patch that will be available on October 4, just like the retail version.
+ some changes. At least it's a free patch, so who cares how pointless it is?

Nov 28, 2007
Naldan said:
thebobmaster said:
Ubisoft announced today that the guitar-training game will be remastered for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. If you already own the game, you'll get all the new changes in a free patch that will be available on October 4, just like the retail version.
+ some changes. At least it's a free patch, so who cares how pointless it is?
A free patch provided you own the game already. I just don't understand the logic of making a retail release if the changes are minor enough to be added in via patching.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I'm sure the 4 or 5 people who still play the game will be excited. Not sure if it's just me, but has the relaunch of music games seemed to burn out already?

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
customizable learning curve? as in... when I get slightly good at one simple song it won't start Iron maiden at 80% anymore? cause that would be terrific.

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
thebobmaster said:
I just don't understand the logic of making a retail release if the changes are minor enough to be added in via patching.
Remember that this game requires a special adapter that allows you to plug your guitar into your gaming platform of choice. Might as well make it a retail release, since any new buyers are going to have to get that anyway.

As for myself, I've had this for some time, and I've been meaning to play it any day now for quite some time too, but I was scared of it judging me. Not that I'm not a totally awesome guitarist already, it's just that my unique style might be too avant-garde for the pedestrian algorithm to appreciate. I just might use this rerelease as an excuse to force myself to jump in.