Watch 13 Minutes of the Remastered Bioshock from Bioshock: The Collection

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Watch 13 Minutes of the Remastered Bioshock from Bioshock: The Collection

A new video shows off 13 minutes of gameplay from the upcoming remastered version of Bioshock.

Bioshock: The Collection was first announced in June [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167834-2K-Finally-Announces-Bioshock-The-Collection]. The remastered collection will include all three games - Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Bioshock: Infinite.

Today, 2K has rolled out an extended preview of the first game in the series, giving gamers a look at the first 13 minutes of the game. You can see it below:

You can also see let's play videos of Bioshock Infinite [https://youtu.be/7GG06Nidwyc] on 2K's channel. Just click the links.

Bioshock: The Collection is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on September 15.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Am I crazy or does the game look almost the same as the original? But I don't think that's a negative criticism of the remaster. I think it's actually the testament of how incredible art design of the original game was. It still holds up even today and I can't tell the difference without looking directly at a comparison screen.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
So I'm confused. I had heard the PC remastering is just a free update sent out to everyone who already have the games. That true or is it an entirely new product?

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Silentpony said:
So I'm confused. I had heard the PC remastering is just a free update sent out to everyone who already have the games. That true or is it an entirely new product?
I thought that may have just been for Infinite because they were just taking advantage of the better console hardware to bring it up to PC standards. But I also remember hearing something similar with the now halted Arkham Series remaster.

Feb 7, 2016
Adam Jensen said:
Am I crazy or does the game look almost the same as the original? But I don't think that's a negative criticism of the remaster. I think it's actually the testament of how incredible art design of the original game was. It still holds up even today and I can't tell the difference without looking directly at a comparison screen.
No, I don't think you are. I was (attempting) to replay the original PC port not too long ago and they look pretty much the same. Maybe a small amount of textures were changed/upscaled. But really, you're right. The game still looks really nice today.

I think this collection is really just a good proposition for console players. The only benefit I can hopefully see for PC players is if they make the first Bioshock easier to run. I ran into quite a few issues with resolution and menu's when trying to play it on steam not too long ago.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Adam Jensen said:
I think it looks much crisper. I can definitely tell they improved the textures or something. Didn't change the splicer's mouth moving like a ventriloquist dummy's though, haha.

I haven't played it for a long while now though, but did they add that full moon to the intro? The intro looks so great <3

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Silentpony said:
It's only new on PS4 and Xbox One. If you already own the games on Steam, you'll get the updates free.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
DeliveryGodNoah said:
Adam Jensen said:
No, I don't think you are. I was (attempting) to replay the original PC port not too long ago and they look pretty much the same. Maybe a small amount of textures were changed/upscaled. But really, you're right. The game still looks really nice today.

I think this collection is really just a good proposition for console players. The only benefit I can hopefully see for PC players is if they make the first Bioshock easier to run. I ran into quite a few issues with resolution and menu's when trying to play it on steam not too long ago.
This is exactly what I'm hoping for. I bought the bundle during the Steam sale because I wanted them anyway and figured I'd take advantage of the free upgrade down the line. I was unpleasantly surprised to find out Bioshock 1 is tough to get running so I haven't touched it yet. I am playing Infinite successfully, but it's only after I did a bunch of troubleshooting to stop it from crashing. IT doesn't seem to play well with GPU overclocks or the Steam overlay. If they improve the compatibility if Bio 1 and give me a few increased textures I'll be more than happy.