Ten Classic Sierra Games Hit Steam Yesterday, and They're In a Humble Bundle Today

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Ten Classic Sierra Games Hit Steam Yesterday, and They're In a Humble Bundle Today

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1346/1346550.jpgSome of the best games Sierra ever made are now available on Steam, and you can get them through the Humble Bundle for the next two weeks.

If you were playing PC games in the 1990s, you most likely played something that Sierra published. Best known for series like King's Quest and Space Quest, they also had hits with the Leisure Suit Larry series and the original Ultima games. A bunch of classic Sierra games popped up on Steam yesterday, and today they've all been included in the new Humble Sierra Bundle [https://www.humblebundle.com/sierra-bundle].

The bundle is a pretty solid one, as you'd expect from a company with the catalog that Sierra has. Here's what's included:

For $1 or more, you'll get:

Space Quest Collection
Police Quest Collection
Phantasmagoria
Phantasmagoria 2
Shiftlings

Beat the average, and you'll add these games:

Arcanum - Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned
Quest for Glory Collection
Timeshift

If you pay $15 or more, you'll also get

Caesar 3
Caesar 4
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved
King's Quest Classic Collection
Velocity 2X

Finally, if you pay over $20, you'll get all the episode of the King's Quest reboot developed by The Odd Gentlemen.

As usual, you can choose how your money gets split between Humble, Sierra and The Call of Duty Endowment, a charity that helps unemployed military veterans find jobs.

I thought that adding games like Police Quest and the Gabriel Knight series to Steam now seemed a bit odd, but it looks like it was all part of a well-organized plan. Many of these games have been available on GOG.com for some time, but it's nice to see the classics available on Steam as well.

The Humble Sierra Bundle will be available for the next two weeks.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
MatthewTheDark said:
All of Space Quest for a buck? Count me in.
Indeed. I watched Game Grumps (Steam Train?) play all of Space Quest IV, the reboot of King's Quest and King's Quest VI and they were three of the few games I watched the entire playthrough of.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Time to sexually harass hit on a Female Khajiit Katta named Shema in Elder Scrolls Hero's Quest Quest For Glory!

Edit
Well that's a disappointment.
Quest For Glory is more than just a name change.
Now I'm still nostalgic for Hero's Quest.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Ah, Caesar III. I have fond memories of playing that game many, many years ago. I have less fond memories of whole cities being engulfed in flames. I always felt that it was the games way of saying "Hmmm, you're doing well. Let me make the game more challenging for you."

I rebought it through GoG a year ago and yeah, pretty much every time a city is happy, well fed, and trading with other's the whole thing burns down. Even the damn reservoir.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Yea no. I don't trust retro games on Steam, not after (among other fuckery) they allowed Freespace 2 to go up totally unaltered meaning that it simply would not start on 99% of even remotely modern computers, nevermind that GOG had a modern OS compatible version long before the Steam listing ever went up. For retro games GOG > Steam, and valve can fuck right off with their halfassed efforts at dominating that sector.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
They appear to have locked out the ability to pick your own charity and instead have to give any donation to Activision's own charity...

That's not suspicious at all...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Here's the thing though. These are Steam keys, right? And these are mostly old games, right? My experience with old games through Steam isn't exactly good. Pretty bad actually so I stick to gog.com (and even that isn't perfect) for old games.

So I'm not sure if I want to spend my money on this. I'd love to play these games but I'm not sure if I trust the Steam versions. Does anyone have experience with them? Did they work out of the box or did you have to screw around?

RaikuFA said:
Finally, a chance to play these.

*remembers PC is still broken*

Fuck.
Buy 'em and save 'em for when it's fixed yo. For this kinda money it might be a good idea.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
Ah, all of them.

Especially King's Quest 7. Fond memories for a game so many despise.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
major_chaos said:
Yea no. I don't trust retro games on Steam, not after (among other fuckery) they allowed Freespace 2 to go up totally unaltered meaning that it simply would not start on 99% of even remotely modern computers, nevermind that GOG had a modern OS compatible version long before the Steam listing ever went up. For retro games GOG > Steam, and valve can fuck right off with their halfassed efforts at dominating that sector.
Just installed and randomly tested the various King's Quest and Hero's Quest / Quest for Glory titles:

PLAY BUTTON > 2 options on Steam GUI > custom launcher / title selection > DOSbox > game

all worked fine so far.