New Titanfall 2 Trailer Shows Off the Game's Six New Titans

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Titanfall 2 Trailer Shows Off the Game's Six New Titans

There are six new Titans in Titanfall 2, and you can check them out in this new trailer.

Titanfall 2 is bringing a whole new set of Titans for players to operate. Each one has its own abilities that give you different ways to play. All six titans show up in the new trailer.

Here's the word from the official blog [https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/new-titans/] on each of the new Titans:

Tone: Tone is about accurately laying waste to enemies both efficiently - and explosively.
Northstar: Northstar is a master of both flight and precision kills.
Legion: Legion utilizes an assortment of ballistic abilities focusing on defense and control.
Ronin: Ronin loves getting up close with it's samurai vibe, and quick to get in and out tactics.
Ion: Ion uses it's energy management abilities to divert power between it's three weapons systems.
Scorch: Scorch manipulates fire as it's primary source of defensive and offensive abilities.

Titanfall 2 is launching October 28 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
They DO look pretty cool, though I'm not sure if I want to pay 60 bucks for the game. Maybe I can be sold if the campaign is good, we'll see.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I like that they're making the Titans much more distinct rather than just having what amounted to weight classes in the first game. I think it will be really cool to have essentially two different games going on at the same time and being able to watch as a Pilot these giant mechs really duke it out with their different skills.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Do my eyes deceive me or did the Ronin Titan cloak and melee execution kill another Titan? And did I see Northstar literally flying around the map, spamming rockets en-masse?

Welp, I'm sold. Bring on October 28th.

Mar 26, 2008
I'm kind of torn about this, especially after playing the pre-alpha. The older titans seemed to have weight to them and really changed the battle when they're in play, but they really lacked variety. Respawn have rectified this and given us variety but the titans feel more like just disposable suits of armour for the pilot rather than walking juggernauts.

Still, they have plenty of time to get it perfect.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Round up round up ladies and gentlemen, taking all bets. Which overhyped game of 2016 will gamers stop caring about the quickest? In the left corner an original piece weighing in at four million lies about content and being as shallow as a kiddies paddling pool we have NO MAN'S SKY. In the right corner we have the older brother of the current reigning champion that game everyone talked about last year prior to launch and then forgot inside a week of it being released. You know the one, TITANFALL's baby brother TITANFALL 2.

This is going to be a truly amazing clash of overhyped mediocrity ladies and gentlemen and you lucky folk will be able to say you saw it all happen.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Laughing Man said:
Round up round up ladies and gentlemen, taking all bets. Which overhyped game of 2016 will gamers stop caring about the quickest? In the left corner an original piece weighing in at four million lies about content and being as shallow as a kiddies paddling pool we have NO MAN'S SKY. In the right corner we have the older brother of the current reigning champion that game everyone talked about last year prior to launch and then forgot inside a week of it being released. You know the one, TITANFALL's baby brother TITANFALL 2.

This is going to be a truly amazing clash of overhyped mediocrity ladies and gentlemen and you lucky folk will be able to say you saw it all happen.
... Is anyone really that excited for the game? If anything, you should be talking about Battlefield 1. It's going to completely overshadow Titanfall 2, whether or not it lives up to the impossible expectations.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Laughing Man said:
snippy snip
Ah, The Escapist. No where else on the 'net does "Stop Liking What I Don't Like" take on a more condescending tone.

Never change, Escapist Magazine.

Zhukov said:
I mean, if we're gonna be that pedantic about it, Overwatch stole the concept from Gundam and an untold number of other anime or mecha series.

:/

Bob_McMillan said:
... Is anyone really that excited for the game?
I suppose I am, but I'm not beyond the notion that the game may end up being terrible.

If anything, you should be talking about Battlefield 1. It's going to completely overshadow Titanfall 2, whether or not it lives up to the impossible expectations.
The only thing that comes even remotely close to rivaling the 'nets hype for Battlefield 1 is the raging hate boner it has for Infinite Warfare.

But...ya know...portions of this community are actually excited for BF1, so they can't possibly say anything negative about it.

The irony is almost palpable.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Ah, The Escapist. No where else on the 'net does "Stop Liking What I Don't Like" take on a more condescending tone.
Ah The Escapists where people jump in with their size twenties and read whatever the hell they want in to a statement made in jest... at what point EXACTLY did I say I did not like either of those games? Oh yeah I didn't but that still doesn't change the fact that both games were hugely stupidly over hyped prior to launch and it doesn't change the fact that they both failed to live up to their hype and as a result

a). Titanfall disappeared without trace within weeks of it's release and
b). No Man's Sky is and will have disappeared without trace by the end of this month.

Full disclosure I played neither of the games so can't say weather I like or dislike them but I have internet access so I am not immune to seeing how hyped up these game where and I am not immune to seeing that both have crashed and burned as a direct result of that hype.

Feb 26, 2014
Laughing Man said:
b). No Man's Sky is and will have disappeared without trace by the end of this month.
No, no, no. I'm more than positive that No Man's Sky has left it's mark and will be remembered very shamefully as a product of hype culture and dirty filthy lies. I've got to wonder though, exactly who is hyped for Titanfall 2? The players that didn't abandon the first Titanfall are, sure, but who else could possibly be hyped for this game?