Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Beta Set to Kick Off in October

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Beta Set to Kick Off in October

The Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare multiplayer beta is coming in October, and it's hitting PS4 first. A PlayStation VR experience is coming this fall as well.

Activision has announced the timing of the upcoming Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare multiplayer beta. Anyone who pre-orders the game will get access when the beta kicks off on October 14, with PS4 pre-orders getting it first.

The news was announced during today's Call of Duty XP event, and was accompanied by a trailer that offered up a first look at the game's multiplayer.

Alongside the beta announcement, Activision also revealed that the first Call of Duty VR title will be Jackal Assault, which is coming to PlayStation VR later this year. The new VR experience will place players in the cockpit of a Jackal personal fighter jet. Anyone who owns Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare on PS4 will receive Jackal Assault for free.

More details on the beta and what is included are expected to be announced soon. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is set to launch on November 4, 2016.

[gallery=6455]

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Adam Jensen said:
Wow. CoD is definitely in trouble. Not even a single comment in a day. People don't care at all.
Yea, you'd have figured someone would have bitched about there being a vr vehicle game or complained about the beta being preorder exclusive when other shooters have been doing open betas for a while now given this site's general dislike of CoD.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Well, if you want people complaining:

The HUD looks like it's from a Korean CSGO ripoff, the graphics are obviously pushing the engine top it's limit (Motion Blur Simulator 2016)I , the class system is embarrassingly obvious pandering, the game looks ugly both aesthetically and technically, and the fact that they censor the button prompts is suspicious.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
The Enquirer said:
Adam Jensen said:
Wow. CoD is definitely in trouble. Not even a single comment in a day. People don't care at all.
Yea, you'd have figured someone would have bitched about there being a vr vehicle game or complained about the beta being preorder exclusive when other shooters have been doing open betas for a while now given this site's general dislike of CoD.
Maybe the pre-order only beta access is another sad attempt to make people pre-order the game. Activision is pretty out of touch with reality so that might be their actual thought process.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Beta access is usually a good way to get people sat on the fence to decide they want your game... Unless you know your beta is pants so you dont want to let them find out?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:

The HUD looks like it's from a Korean CSGO ripoff, the graphics are obviously pushing the engine top it's limit (Motion Blur Simulator 2016)I , the class system is embarrassingly obvious pandering, the game looks ugly both aesthetically and technically, and the fact that they censor the button prompts is suspicious.
Dude, your just hating to hate. The ui is pretty much the same ui that cod has used for years. The game looks fine, it looks like what it is and to call the graphics bad, is to be a liar. The class system is odd, blops 3 did it and it was odd there too. At least for this one it seems less like your choosing a character and more like your just changing a piece of gear or something. I would need to know more about it before I rip off all my clothes and start running through the streets naked, claiming it causes cancer and abortions.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:

Dude, your just hating to hate. The ui is pretty much the same ui that cod has used for years. The game looks fine, it looks like what it is and to call the graphics bad, is to be a liar. The class system is odd, blops 3 did it and it was odd there too. At least for this one it seems less like your choosing a character and more like your just changing a piece of gear or something. I would need to know more about it before I rip off all my clothes and start running through the streets naked, claiming it causes cancer and abortions.
My complaints about the HUD stem mainly from the enemies having healthbars. That in completely unnecessary, considering the TTK in this game. They also use that ugly font which I suppose they think is all science-y. The Notepad .txt font makes it look like the game is unfinished.

Ever since the transition to this generation, CoD games have this washed out look that really does make the game look worse. It's like the contrast is a bit too low. In any case, this is a totally subjective area and I don't know how I could possibly be a "liar" when it comes to this.

According to a first impressions video I watched, Infinity Ward emphasizes class roles quite a bit. He made comparisons to Overwatch, apparently the Merk class holds down an area similar to Bastion. So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I guess I am just hating to hate, I admit to having way too much fun seeing this game crash and burn.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Adam Jensen said:
The Enquirer said:
Adam Jensen said:
Maybe the pre-order only beta access is another sad attempt to make people pre-order the game. Activision is pretty out of touch with reality so that might be their actual thought process.
Honestly, if the concept of Call of Duty 4 didn't get people to pre order it, I don't know what will. There's still part of me tempted to get IW just for Call of Duty 4 remastered but I'm not going to do that because, well, I like to think of myself as not an idiot.

They don't seem to realize that if there's a lack of sales, people aren't going to want to pre order it to play something they weren't interested in sooner. If they were smart they would have had an open beta to try and sway some people.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I was tempted to get it for the cod4 bundled with it but right now Im rather apathetic about cod.

Im still loving overwatch, maybe in a few months Ill want a change.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:

My complaints about the HUD stem mainly from the enemies having healthbars. That in completely unnecessary, considering the TTK in this game. They also use that ugly font which I suppose they think is all science-y. The Notepad .txt font makes it look like the game is unfinished.

Ever since the transition to this generation, CoD games have this washed out look that really does make the game look worse. It's like the contrast is a bit too low. In any case, this is a totally subjective area and I don't know how I could possibly be a "liar" when it comes to this.

According to a first impressions video I watched, Infinity Ward emphasizes class roles quite a bit. He made comparisons to Overwatch, apparently the Merk class holds down an area similar to Bastion. So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I guess I am just hating to hate, I admit to having way too much fun seeing this game crash and burn.
Hmm, thats weird, why would they include health bars? Also, how did I not notice those before. The font looks like normal cod font to me, also that is a really pedantic thing to harp on.

It is the style that most military themed shooters have, even the new halo games has it, unless your talking about something else. You said it was ugly from a technical stance, that implies beyond just an opinion, it implies you are meaning it as a cold hard fact. I never said anything about aesthetics since those are subjective.

Id rather see battlefield 1 crash, but I dislike ea more than activision, even with the damn annoying dlc scheme that cod seems to still be stuck with. The game looks interesting to me, more so than any recent cod game has, but then again, maybe if it did fail they would stop it with the stupid map packs. Cause no matter what, there will be another cod game next year.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:

Hmm, thats weird, why would they include health bars? Also, how did I not notice those before. The font looks like normal cod font to me, also that is a really pedantic thing to harp on.

It is the style that most military themed shooters have, even the new halo games has it, unless your talking about something else. You said it was ugly from a technical stance, that implies beyond just an opinion, it implies you are meaning it as a cold hard fact. I never said anything about aesthetics since those are subjective.

Id rather see battlefield 1 crash, but I dislike ea more than activision, even with the damn annoying dlc scheme that cod seems to still be stuck with. The game looks interesting to me, more so than any recent cod game has, but then again, maybe if it did fail they would stop it with the stupid map packs. Cause no matter what, there will be another cod game next year.
I wish I could snip, but I'm on mobile. Sorry, everyone else.

Anyway, yeah I know my complaints are pedantic. I mean, the game isn't even out yet. But I have long ago decided not to ever get another CoD game. So at this point I'm the guy chucking rocks at the treehouse.

About EA vs Activision, I might have once thought that too. But I have been following BLOPS 3's supply and DLC situation, and it's fucking disgusting. At this point I'm surprised anyone even plays CoD anymore.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:

Anyway, yeah I know my complaints are pedantic. I mean, the game isn't even out yet. But I have long ago decided not to ever get another CoD game. So at this point I'm the guy chucking rocks at the treehouse.

About EA vs Activision, I might have once thought that too. But I have been following BLOPS 3's supply and DLC situation, and it's fucking disgusting. At this point I'm surprised anyone even plays CoD anymore.
What supply and dlc situation is that? I kinda like them as something that you can just play as muscle memory, plus every now and then you want to play something big dumb and loud, cod is the equivalent of a big dumb summer block buster. Full of shiny lights and loud noises and not much else even when it does try to have something deeper.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:

What supply and dlc situation is that? I kinda like them as something that you can just play as muscle memory, plus every now and then you want to play something big dumb and loud, cod is the equivalent of a big dumb summer block buster. Full of shiny lights and loud noises and not much else even when it does try to have something deeper.
Basically, they have locked all of the DLC weapons behind the supply drop pay wall. You can earn it, sure, but at it's worst point I think you had a one in one thousand chance of getting a weapon. Even worse, if you get a duplicate of a weapon, YOU CANT EXCHANGE IT FOR MORE SUPPLY DROP POINTS. And the game is nearly a year old. Not to mention Treyarch said they weren't gonna do it.

The season pass owners don't get automatic access to these weapons too. They have to grind/buy microtransactions like everyone else. After awhile they added in a weekly mission where after completing a pretty long task, you can get a DLC weapon voucher. Yet, you can still get duplicates.

And this bullshit was actively affecting gameplay. People would leave their game on during matches to earn passive supply drop points, so you would have lobbies full of AFK players. One could go into more discussion on how the DLC weapons are actually kind of pay-to-win, though I personally don't believe that.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:

Basically, they have locked all of the DLC weapons behind the supply drop pay wall. You can earn it, sure, but at it's worst point I think you had a one in one thousand chance of getting a weapon. Even worse, if you get a duplicate of a weapon, YOU CANT EXCHANGE IT FOR MORE SUPPLY DROP POINTS. And the game is nearly a year old. Not to mention Treyarch said they weren't gonna do it.

The season pass owners don't get automatic access to these weapons too. They have to grind/buy microtransactions like everyone else. After awhile they added in a weekly mission where after completing a pretty long task, you can get a DLC weapon voucher. Yet, you can still get duplicates.

And this bullshit was actively affecting gameplay. People would leave their game on during matches to earn passive supply drop points, so you would have lobbies full of AFK players. One could go into more discussion on how the DLC weapons are actually kind of pay-to-win, though I personally don't believe that.
Actually you can recycle duplicates for more points for supply drops. I dont think those are paid dlc weapons, I think they just added those and you dont have to buy them to get them. Unless they changed that, cause it worked like that back when I played it. I dont remember ever seeing a lobby full of afk people, cause they made it so you needed actions to actually get drops.

At least when I still played it they didn't do any of that. Maybe they added it in the last few months but not at the beginning of summer.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:

Actually you can recycle duplicates for more points for supply drops. I dont think those are paid dlc weapons, I think they just added those and you dont have to buy them to get them. Unless they changed that, cause it worked like that back when I played it. I dont remember ever seeing a lobby full of afk people, cause they made it so you needed actions to actually get drops.

At least when I still played it they didn't do any of that. Maybe they added it in the last few months but not at the beginning of summer.
What I know of the supply drop situation is from even before summer, so it is possible that things have changed.

Regardless, the fact that those things ever happened is shocking.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
Bob_McMillan said:

What I know of the supply drop situation is from even before summer, so it is possible that things have changed.

Regardless, the fact that those things ever happened is shocking.
I'm not sure they did happen. I remember advanced warfare had similar doom and gloom with its chests even though there was no way to spend actual money on them, you still had people claiming it had totally gone pay to win.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Worgen said:
I'm not sure they did happen. I remember advanced warfare had similar doom and gloom with its chests even though there was no way to spend actual money on them, you still had people claiming it had totally gone pay to win.
You could buy Advanced Supply Drops with actual money, which had content exclusive to them. So, if Sledgehammer ever put in an OP gun, in a way you could see it as pay-to-win.

I am quite confident on a lot of what I said. The supply drop bullshit timeline goes a bit like this: cosmetic items only and you can't buy them, then you could buy actual supply drops outright with real money, then you could get different supply drop-exclusive melee weapons (which were essentially just different looking combat knives), and then actual full blown supply drop-exclusive weapons. Keep in mind, not only did Treyarch first sau they wouldn't have supply drops at all, when they went back on their word, they promised supply drops would be cosmetic only.

If these were DLC weapons that could either be purchased outright or earned by chance thru supply drops, then that would be fine. But nope, supply drops and therefore RNG is the only way to get these weapons. The idea that people who own the season pass of a game won't be getting all of the post-release content is just disgusting. And even if people do put down more money for supply drops, as of March 2016, the drop rate for weapons was as bad as 0.8%.

It is possible that Activision fixed all their bullshit since May, the YouTubers I follow who play CoD kind of stepped away from the franchise.

Anyways, at the time, this was quite the popular video: <youtube=EySeKk2Hvag>

I don't think the illegality of the supply drops would hold up in court, but no matter how you look at it, at the time what Activision and Treyarch did was scummy and just absolutely despicable.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:
Worgen said:
You could buy Advanced Supply Drops with actual money, which had content exclusive to them. So, if Sledgehammer ever put in an OP gun, in a way you could see it as pay-to-win.

I am quite confident on a lot of what I said. The supply drop bullshit timeline goes a bit like this: cosmetic items only and you can't buy them, then you could buy actual supply drops outright with real money, then you could get different supply drop-exclusive melee weapons (which were essentially just different looking combat knives), and then actual full blown supply drop-exclusive weapons. Keep in mind, not only did Treyarch first sau they wouldn't have supply drops at all, when they went back on their word, they promised supply drops would be cosmetic only.

If these were DLC weapons that could either be purchased outright or earned by chance thru supply drops, then that would be fine. But nope, supply drops and therefore RNG is the only way to get these weapons. The idea that people who own the season pass of a game won't be getting all of the post-release content is just disgusting. And even if people do put down more money for supply drops, as of March 2016, the drop rate for weapons was as bad as 0.8%.

It is possible that Activision fixed all their bullshit since May, the YouTubers I follow who play CoD kind of stepped away from the franchise.

Anyways, at the time, this was quite the popular video: <youtube=EySeKk2Hvag>

I don't think the illegality of the supply drops would hold up in court, but no matter how you look at it, at the time what Activision and Treyarch did was scummy and just absolutely despicable.
I suppose I can see how they could be annoying if you were really stoked to get the new whatever. The game did make it much easier to now, like the tokens that drop are much more common, plus they have guaranteed ways of getting weapons now too. Really I would rather see Activision take a bigger role with crates such as those if only to make the damn map packs free. I don't buy dlc for cod games since I know they have a finite life... for the most part, unless you are really into team death match since that is the only mode that always has a ton of people playing.

I still like how advanced warfare did it better, you would find alt versions of the weapons in crates, they would be better in some ways and worse in others. The more points they had in one way, the fewer in others, but the more points the shinier the skin. The only thing I think advanced warfare fucked up on is the limited inventory space and selling extra bank slots. That was stupid.

His gambling argument also doesn't hold water, which is good since gambling is one of the ways people have tried to restrict video games before, I'm not talking poker, I mean any game with randomization. By his argument collectible card games are illegal.