BONK! TF2's Scout Update Next Week

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
BONK! TF2's Scout Update Next Week

Team Fortress 2's skull-and-wise-cracking Scout will be joining the Medic, Pyro, and Heavy next week on Tuesday, February 24th as the fourth class to get an overhaul - with Valve teasing fans by slowly unveiling the update over the next few days.

Who doesn't love the Scout? Well, maybe the Heavy, but that's only because the damned Bostonian keeps stealing his Sandviches. For those of you who prefer the fragile, double-jumping speedster, the official TF2 site [http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/] will be worth keeping an eye on over the next week.

The first update is already there: the Scout can trade in his trusty aluminum baseball bat for the Sandman, a melee weapon with a ranged stun attack - but the tradeoff for wielding this bat is that the Scout can no longer use his trademark double-jump.

Personally, I don't think I'll be using the Sandman if only because it's made out of wood, and wood doesn't make nearly as satisfying a sound effect when you hit someone with it as aluminum does.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Yeah, I don't think it's worth sacrificing the double-jump. But man, the servers are going to be flooded with Scouts now. Ugh.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
sv93 said:
That kinda sucks, I liked the bat way better and why would you get rid of the double jump!? Also, my friend told me that this update is only for Xbox 360, is this true?
Your friend lied to you :( It'll be on Steam - no word about 360, though it'll probably be included in one big batch update.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Me, I'd rather stun than doublejump, since I don't doublejump all that much with the Scout.

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Being able to stun an invuln is pretty damn powerful. Currently you either have to push back with an upgraded turret or use another invuln (or maybe some rocket trickery). I can see that being worth losing the double jump.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
sv93 said:
That kinda sucks, I liked the bat way better and why would you get rid of the double jump!? Also, my friend told me that this update is only for Xbox 360, is this true?
I seriously doubt it. We consoletrads haven't got any updates yet.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
sv93 said:
At the moment it's not on the Xbox 360 at all, PC only. Although you may get updates eventually, your friend is talking out his arse.

"stunning the living crap outta anybody dumb, slow, drunk, mute or Australian enough to get in the way."
I love Valve.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Stupid fast men... makes head hurt... too quick for Sasha to spin at... alvays mocking vith that annoying voice... how I wish to crruch him and his tiny head.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
sv93 said:
No offense, but your friend is a f*cking idiot. Valve will update the PC version of the game as soon as they get the chance. I know they've also been working on a large update for the 360 with all the extra content, so if that hasn't shown up already the scout update will probably be added into it.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
xitel said:
Yeah, I don't think it's worth sacrificing the double-jump. But man, the servers are going to be flooded with Scouts now. Ugh.
Pyro time ^^

The_root_of_all_evil said:
xitel said:
But man, the servers are going to be flooded with Scouts now. Ugh.
Hehehehe...Weener Roast coming up!
Great minds think alike.

Roland__

Feb 17, 2009
For one thing all of you who have it on the console should have done your research and you would have known 360 and PS3 weren't getting updates. Well, the PS3 isn't, the 360 will be getting a huge one in the future with a price tag attached to it.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the picture in the article doesn't match the actual web page? The pic says "Batting Order Comic" but the web page says "The Sandman". Photoshopping? Someone changed their mind late? Or is it just Valve throwing us off.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
double jump is what makes the scout, besides i don't fight with the scout, i only use him to steal the intel on 2fort, so double jumping is essential

Samah

Jul 7, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
I can't wait to play this, oh wait I can't because its only for mother fucking PC.
So buy an entry-level gaming PC (certainly cheaper than a PS3). Valve has and will always put PC versions of its games ahead of consoles (as it should be). A PC to console port of a game would turn out better for both parties than a console to PC port, where PC players are generally stomped on with a consolish (yes I made that word up) interface.
Nothing wrong with consoles, just don't bag the PC platform because it's not your cup of tea.